how did you get into your first nappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's complicated since most of my childhood was spent wearing diapers in some way. I wasn't potty trained until I was almost 5 and my bedwetting kept going until I was 14. But I don't think I really accepted my interest in diapers until I bought some goodnites when I was 16. At first it was just at night, but then things got worse at school and I felt like I couldn't even go to the bathroom anymore without being nervous. I think diapers just became a security blanket for me to get over all the personal stuff I was going through.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
A disposable diaper? Guess I just never heard of parents taking a diaper off their newborn to save it as a keepsake.

They didn't have time to get a diaper on me when I was born, because I immediately shat on the hospital floor.

The term nappy was first applied to baby diapers when they were still cloth and required a seperate cover. When disposables were invented, they were called diapers. The two are different.

I know a lot of people incorrectly use the tern nappy to describe disposables, but I do not beieve that is the case here. A previously washed nappy can be stored for years, unlike with diapers which degrade.

Slomo said:
The term nappy was first applied to baby diapers when they were still cloth and required a seperate cover. When disposables were invented, they were called diapers. The two are different.

I know a lot of people incorrectly use the tern nappy to describe disposables, but I do not beieve that is the case here. A previously washed nappy can be stored for years, unlike with diapers which degrade.

WigglesthePup, whom I quoted, is from the UK, where any diaper is called a nappy. Seeing that he is also 25 years old, I'm going to assume his first diaper was a disposable.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
WigglesthePup, whom I quoted, is from the UK, where any diaper is called a nappy. Seeing that he is also 25 years old, I'm going to assume his first diaper was a disposable.

See, some still use the term incorrectly. And wow, a 25 year old disposable baby diaper would not be usable in the least. Why even keep something like that?

Slomo said:
See, some still use the term incorrectly. And wow, a 25 year old disposable baby diaper would not be usable in the least. Why even keep something like that?

WigglesthePup stated his parents kept it as a keepsake when he was born and he stumbled upon it when he was older.

Then for us ab/dl's, there's also the collectible factor in having vintage diapers...

Slomo said:
See, some still use the term incorrectly.

No! KimbaWolf is correct, anything in the US is a diaper whether cloth or disposable and anything in the UK (and Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) is a nappy whether cloth or disposable.

The first non homemade diaper (plastic grocery bag and a beach towel) I could get my hands on was when I was 14 and my folks went to a parent-teacher thing at the same time my brother was somewhere I don't remember. Considering I had recently got a job and I had decided that I would always keep $30 on me incase I had the opportunity to buy diapers, I was ready. I walked to the Shell station a few blocks from my house and bought but biggest baby diapers they had, a pacifier, and baby bottle. The diapers we're of course too small so after some trial and error, and about half the diapers I figured out how to combine two to make them fit. I was in heaven, I can remember that whole night 16 years ago so vividly it's like it happen yesterday. I carried that $30 with me for the next two year never having to have the chance to but the overnight depends I longed for. Until I got my driver's license on my sixteenth birthday and you better believe that was the first place I went after the DOL but that's another story. Nothing will ever compare to that first night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back