Not open for further replies.

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Even though I've only been a DL for a short time, I've already got a favorite diaper. It was some trial and error — pull-ups just didn't do the job, and Goodnites, while they fit me, weren't adequate in the protection department. And though I'm curious about some of the tape-ons, the first time I tried them I felt trapped and had a panic attack when I woke up.

It wasn't until I started accepting this part of myself that I started looking at things I thought I would really like, and I stumbled into my now favorite brand and style of cloth diaper. It has function and feels just plain nice to wear, and important for me, it doesn't look medical.

How did you find your favorite diapers? What influenced your choice?

All thanks to Paddingplus and Ozbub for me!

Back before they were ABU Australia Paddingplus used to get all sorts of excellent (and not so excellent lol) Diapers and make them available for purchase.

I tried the Kolibri Comslip since they were promoting them and couldn’t believe I actually found the diaper that haunted my dreams.

My current favourite though I actually only tried (also from Paddingplus) was the ABU SDK and those I only tried as the fabulous Ozbub mentioned on here he was interested otherwise I might have only stuck with the Kolibris and ABU Simples (thank you brother Ozbub!)

For me, I suppose the question is: How did you re-find your favorite diaper?

As a baby, toddler, and bedwetting preschooler (until sometime shortly before I turned 4), I was put in Curity cloth diapers. That was in the late 70's, and the specific diapers were the Curity Day/Night prefolds. How do I know? Because my parents reused my diapers on my younger sister, and then kept them around, maybe for a third child they decided not to have--or failed to have. (I won't be asking!) Throughout my younger years and into my teens, my diaper needs were completely satisfied by wearing the very diapers I'd worn as a baby. It was too easy. As an adolescent DL, I was kinda spoiled!

Obviously, wetting them was out, as they'd have needed immediately laundering. Nonetheless, they did eventually get a little stiff and stinky, and in later years I learned that I could throw them into the laundry without setting off any alarms. By that time, my mom had begun using several of the diapers as cleaning rags, and so my own diapers (from the larger stash in the garage) blended right in. As soon as they came out of the laundry, I'd go to the rag bin and fetch them. And often rotate them back through the stash.

In my early teens, I finally got up the courage to walk to the store and buy Pampers with my allowance, and so began a decades-long love affair with disposables. It wasn't until shortly before I joined ADISC that I found myself wanting to revisit my roots. I found some old Curity Day/Night prefolds on eBay, bought them, and as soon as I opened that box it was like I had my childhood back. They just felt...right. Of course, using them required makeshifting, or else I had to use them as boosters in my larger adult-sized prefolds. (I accumulated quite a stash of adult prefolds as well!)

A year or so after that, while helping my dad with a project in the garage, it occurred to me to check for the old box of diapers. I hadn't seen it since I'd left for college. It was almost right where I'd last seen it, and still filled with my old diapers. As soon as I had a minute to myself, I pulled out four of them and tucked them into my coat. Yes, yes... I stole. So, perhaps quite uniquely, my own diaper stash presently includes four of the very diapers I wore as a baby.

Since then, I've become quite a hoarder of these Curity prefolds, and have well over a hundred of them, most from eBay. And last year, I hired an ABDL-friendly seamstress to make a bunch of them into adult diapers for me, so that I could wear them more easily and more often. That's been really awesome. (She's actually making me a second batch right now.)

So there you go! Still wearing my own old baby diapers.

Talk about weird, eh?

For me it has been TONS of trial and error. Thoroughly vetting each brand and manufacturer in search of an actual (adult) diaper that would not only properly fit, but also finding one that would hold up without leaking. Northshore Supreme and Confidry24/7 are really good, but the new Betterdry is definitely my favorite.

Argent said:
All thanks to Paddingplus and Ozbub for me!

Back before they were ABU Australia Paddingplus used to get all sorts of excellent (and not so excellent lol) Diapers and make them available for purchase.

I tried the Kolibri Comslip since they were promoting them and couldn’t believe I actually found the diaper that haunted my dreams.

My current favourite though I actually only tried (also from Paddingplus) was the ABU SDK and those I only tried as the fabulous Ozbub mentioned on here he was interested otherwise I might have only stuck with the Kolibris and ABU Simples (thank you brother Ozbub!)

Word of mouth seems to be a big thing. It's how I found out that there were adult diapers besides those weak drugstore pull-ups in the first place. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:
For me, I suppose the question is: How did you re-find your favorite diaper?

As a baby, toddler, and bedwetting preschooler (until sometime shortly before I turned 4), I was put in Curity cloth diapers. That was in the late 70's, and the specific diapers were the Curity Day/Night prefolds. How do I know? Because my parents reused my diapers on my younger sister, and then kept them around, maybe for a third child they decided not to have--or failed to have. (I won't be asking!) Throughout my younger years and into my teens, my diaper needs were completely satisfied by wearing the very diapers I'd worn as a baby. It was too easy. As an adolescent DL, I was kinda spoiled!

Obviously, wetting them was out, as they'd have needed immediately laundering. Nonetheless, they did eventually get a little stiff and stinky, and in later years I learned that I could throw them into the laundry without setting off any alarms. By that time, my mom had begun using several of the diapers as cleaning rags, and so my own diapers (from the larger stash in the garage) blended right in. As soon as they came out of the laundry, I'd go to the rag bin and fetch them. And often rotate them back through the stash.

In my early teens, I finally got up the courage to walk to the store and buy Pampers with my allowance, and so began a decades-long love affair with disposables. It wasn't until shortly before I joined ADISC that I found myself wanting to revisit my roots. I found some old Curity Day/Night prefolds on eBay, bought them, and as soon as I opened that box it was like I had my childhood back. They just felt...right. Of course, using them required makeshifting, or else I had to use them as boosters in my larger adult-sized prefolds. (I accumulated quite a stash of adult prefolds as well!)

A year or so after that, while helping my dad with a project in the garage, it occurred to me to check for the old box of diapers. I hadn't seen it since I'd left for college. It was almost right where I'd last seen it, and still filled with my old diapers. As soon as I had a minute to myself, I pulled out four of them and tucked them into my coat. Yes, yes... I stole. So, perhaps quite uniquely, my own diaper stash presently includes four of the very diapers I wore as a baby.

Since then, I've become quite a hoarder of these Curity prefolds, and have well over a hundred of them, most from eBay. And last year, I hired an ABDL-friendly seamstress to make a bunch of them into adult diapers for me, so that I could wear them more easily and more often. That's been really awesome. (She's actually making me a second batch right now.)

So there you go! Still wearing my own old baby diapers.

Talk about weird, eh?

Sounds like you didn't have to work too hard on it! :)

I don't even remember being in diapers, so I have no idea if this started earlier than I thought... That's a nice stash, too. I'm currently building mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
For me it has been TONS of trial and error. Thoroughly vetting each brand and manufacturer in search of an actual (adult) diaper that would not only properly fit, but also finding one that would hold up without leaking. Northshore Supreme and Confidry24/7 are really good, but the new Betterdry is definitely my favorite.

Fit is a tricky thing, isn't it? I have huge thighs in proportion to my waist so I have to buy to fit them, not my waist, and comfort is a big thing—I don't like panicky tight things. When I discovered that drugstore pull-ups would leak on me, I knew it was time to go looking for a new option; they weren't much on capacity, the smalls were even loose, and they felt too medical for my comfort.

OmiOMy said:
Fit is a tricky thing, isn't it? I have huge thighs in proportion to my waist so I have to buy to fit them, not my waist, and comfort is a big thing—I don't like panicky tight things. When I discovered that drugstore pull-ups would leak on me, I knew it was time to go looking for a new option; they weren't much on capacity, the smalls were even loose, and they felt too medical for my comfort.

You said it! There are so many differently shaped people that is kind of a wonder most people are "covered" by at least one or two brands that really do fit them. Finding them though, now that is a tricky thing.

I know, right? It's tricky, and kind of like playing the lottery when you buy anything untested.

In my case the prize is a dry bed in the morning. :D

I've had steadily increasing functional needs over the last couple of years and my current favourite diaper is my favourite because it stands up to them (and isn't ridiculous) - ABU Simple.

Life Philosophy: Try Everything! :paci:

I have a new fave 3 or 4 times a year.

Foxroxsox said:
Life Philosophy: Try Everything! :paci:

I have a new fave 3 or 4 times a year.

I like the way you think. :D

My current Favorites are Tykeables overnights mainly because (and here it comes again) they fit me nicely... oh and they hold a fair amount too...

i don't even know if I have ha favorite, as in "if I had to pick one diaper to wear for the rest of my life". I prefer a small variety... something good for daywear that's not too expensive but is still comfortable and has good leak guards but not too thick, something for leisure time at home which again isn't too expensive, and then something high capacity, leakproof, and again comfortable for overnight. (where I am expecting to pay more but get more) So my common theme is "comfortable". I wear because I enjoy and it's convenient (for overnight), so I figure I should place a high priority on comfort because enjoying the experience is a big reason for my wearing diapers in the first place. Why go to the trouble and expense if I'm not getting what I was looking for?

I suppose I could narrow it down though. If I had to stick with a single diaper for overnight it'd be either a simple or an inspire/incontrol. I can't say I've found my ideal daytime diaper yet, preschool plastic are borderline too thick and lack front elastic. (I miss the gen1 daytime waddlers! those were perfect) Loung-wear I'm pretty flexible on, anything with decent leak guards, decent durability, front elastic, and lower cost is fine. (waddler overnights and bambino teddy would be on my mind, though they're a bit more expensive than I'd like for this role)

Rearz Safari
I just like how it looks. Maybe not too much childish one, but the most cute. I have not tried them yet. But I really want to try. (But they cost too much for me. :( )
But i still want to try everyone. Unfortunately, I live in a place where such things are hardly available.

I discovered my favorite diaper, ABU PreSchool Cloth-Backed, after reading a review on ADISC and thinking, "Hey, that sounds like an awesome diaper!" I had been wearing medical diapers (mainly Walgreens Certainty) for several years because I didn't have the money and/or privacy needed to order online. The ABU PreSchools were the first diapers I ordered online, and it was love at first sight. I also got some ABU LittlePawz a few months ago, and they're also really good, but I like PreSchool a little more. Next time I order diapers, I want to try Tykables. They seem to be getting pretty good reviews.

Rearz Princess. I haven't tried a lot of different diapers yet. But I like the rearz because they are cute and hold a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back