How can I (male) prevent leakage at night

If you fold the front of your diaper inside (the plastic that doesn't have padding behind it), it creates a barrier against leaks through the top, and doesn't require the addition of extra pads.

This, in combination with pointing down and wearing diapers that rise up to my belly button while sleeping, has limited the amount of leaks I get greatly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz
A very simple solution is to point down at night, up until recently I could not do that and even to this day I sometimes wake to find I am no longer pointing down, so my old solution to that was put some Terry towelling or better still Microfibre towelling cloths from front to back inside the disposable of your choice and arrange things so that the cloths come up and over your member in a U shape as this will also act as "wicking" and reduces leaks, if you get things right you should have a little bit of the top band of the disposable to tuck back in behind your member giving any fluids present no way of getting out at the top, I would reccomend holding everything in place with stretch pants and of course use a PUL,or Plastic pant as an extra second defence against leaks.
I now point down but still use the above method with Microfibre cloths wicking fluids right throughout the Nappy as I wet really heavily at night.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
Extra layer of cover works for me. Just waking up in diaper and plastics but wearing my rubber bloomers over. Pee in diaper or on me not the bed.

Sometimes it is just something that happens - damp sheets and pj’s is just part of being a bedwetter sometimes even if you are wearing a diaper

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Rob110 said:
I wear better dry diapers and I have very few leaks but they still happen tall PUL pants on to of your diaper will help i’ve bought a few from here in the past

Yes agree with this, I used to leak in Tenas at night and no problem now use I better dry

point down
sleep on your back
fold the crotch of your diaper into a "V" not a "W"
make sure the cuffs around your legs are all turned out properly
wear premium diapers with better capacity
but avoid high sap diapers with too much swell in the crotch that will block the flow to the back (like crinklz)
avoid flooding if possible (if you wake up, empty your bladder to avoid a flood later)
tape the lower tapes loose enough to allow for diaper swelling without blocking flow to the back

Reactions: Joeysms and eastcoastdl
Someone posted about an Incontenance Skirt. It is made from waterproof material lined with an absorbent liner. A mattress liner is always your last line of defense. I’m not Incontenant but my pets like to vomitize the bed

there are a number of things that come into play when sleeping in a diaper. one thing important to remember no matter how well you are prepared and fitted leaks will happen even under the best situations. the main part of finding the right diaper that has the absorbency you need and that fits you good. you need a firm fitting diaper and properly put on. how you sleep in important in choosing the right diaper. if possible sleeping on your back is best. for a male the position of your penis inside is important so downward. fold your diaper in half creating a V channel down the center of the diaper before putting it on is important. using a booster inside is a good thing, but don't go over board on boosters they can actually create a leak when they are too thick. waiting to change into your bedtime diaper just before going to sleep to increase the dryness of your diaper when you fall asleep is good. try avoiding fluids that add to wetting. don't avoid fluids just those that increase wetting at bedtime. always a good mattress protector on your bed especially when traveling that is respectful of others. also either a disposable or washable leak pad under you. a lot of this is trial and error finding what works best for you for it is customized.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
andreasdl said:
When I use my diaper while lying in bed the urine flows over the waist and the most in my bed.
Can anyone give me advice to reduce leakages?
Make sure penis points down that will help

jamie72 said:
Sometimes it is just something that happens - damp sheets and pj’s is just part of being a bedwetter sometimes even if you are wearing a diaper
Yes I agree, it doesn't bother me.

babyboy10 said:
Try putting a thick maxipad across the front top of the diaper before putting it on. I read this on a mom's forum looking to solve the same problem for their baby boys. I was having the same issue and solved the problem for me!
I use a Booster Pad across the front top of my MM diaper and it works great...
Evan tho I point down it always wants to swing to the left or back pointing up.:oops:

I’m not incontinent, so I do have the luxury of adjusting myself when I am about to pee. Standing up, it doesn’t matter so much but if I’m sitting or lying down, I adjust my penis in the downward position. If my diaper is getting kind of full, I will even lift myself up a little bit to allow for it to seep toward the back of my diaper. A sleeper and if I wake up with the urge to pee, I’ll have a boner usually. I will have to wait for it to subside and then point it downward. If I just let it go, it’ll leak and make it pretty goodness. a good old-fashioned pre-fold cloth diaper and rubber pants are great. With that it doesn’t matter I can sleep almost anyway And just let it go when I have the urge, it’ll catch all. I don’t get to wear those too often because the cleanup with those is more laborious..

What nappies are you wearing? I used to use Tena at night and suffered leaks so now use better dry which are more absorbent and now don’t have any issues. It also depends how you sleep, on your side tends to be worse for leaking

Back