How bad are pacis for your teeth, really?

gnd567 said:
That’s my concern. Today is the first time I’ve noticed any soreness but even then it was very minimal and stopped after a minute or two.
You're smart enough to take it out. I'm silly enough to fall asleep and it stay in, once. That's how bad it hurt.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
s-l400.jpg

These are the ones I have, the "Nuk 6" and are quite comfy and I believe the sheild is called the gen 1

• Love
Reactions: 2012Stroke and BobbiSueEllen
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
You're smart enough to take it out. I'm silly enough to fall asleep and it stay in, once. That's how bad it hurt.
I try to limit myself to an hour or so two a day. I take an hour nap with it in usually.

Last edited:
  • Love
As long as you get a proper adult-sized and shaped teet, not that bad. The Size 7 Long Stem from AdultPacifier.com is an example of the proper teet. The supposed size 6's that are found lots of places are still too small for the average adult mouth.

NovaDL said:
As long as you get a proper adult-sized and shaped teet, not that bad. The Size 7 Long Stem from AdultPacifier.com is an example of the proper teet. The supposed size 6's that are found lots of places are still too small for the average adult mouth.
I will have to look into those. I think mine is only a size 6.

NovaDL said:
That’s where I got George from. That’s my paci's name.

I like the little for big pacifiers, the shield is cut at the bottom so it doesn't dig into my chin. I tend to sleep with one all night, it helps me breath better though my nose, after years of not being able to breath through my nose without feeling like I am suffocating. I had to get a leash to clip it to my shirt so I don't lose it, and the dogs don't get at it and eat it. I don't think it hurts my teeth, they are already ugly and crooked, my bite does feel affected first thing in the morning or after long usage. Seems to cut don on snoring some nights. I use a sleep audio recorder, some nights I snore a lot and some not at all.

Last edited:
gnd567 said:
I will have to look into those. I think mine is only a size 6.
It’s totally worth the money. They are expensive but it is mind blowing how comfortable they are. Anything less than size 7 is not meant for adult mouth and is just plain uncomfortable for me now. I suck my paci 24/7 and the size 7 keeps in my mouth all night. I haven’t noticed any teeth shifting. My teeth did shift with the size 6 rearz ones because the bulb was behind my teeth while the size 7 bulb goes all the way to the roof of my mouth away from teeth.

Reactions: gnd567
gnd567 said:
I've always considered myself lucky to have good teeth. I've had a few adult pacifiers over the years but never really used them that much. I got a new one last summer and used it a few times but it wasn't until about a week or so that I started using it on a regular basis.

I've been dealing with stress and anxiety lately and have found that using my paci very comforting and helps me unwind before bedtime. I don't sleep with it in all night but I sleep with it for the last hour or so before I have to get up. You see, I always wake up needing to pee and it's almost always 60-90 mins before the time I actually need to wake up so I usually go back to sleep for an hour or so and that's when I sleep with my paci in. I also take naps sometimes and I have been using it too.

In total, I've been using it roughly one to two hours a day for the past 7-10 days. The pacifiers I've had in the past all made my mouth/teeth ache after a few minutes but this one is much more confutable and doesn't hurt my teeth at all. Sometimes I even forget I have it in.

My question is, am I using it too much? I really don't want to cause myself any dental problems from using it too much. Most days I only use it for about an hour, maybe two hours if I take a nap but I don't sleep with it all night because I don't want to cause myself problems or become too dependent on it.
I never heard of pacifiers being bad for your teeth so I would say no.

EagleBoy said:
I never heard of pacifiers being bad for your teeth so I would say no.
My parents always said they were bad for kids' teeth and my sister didn't want her daugheter to have one because of that. I've also heard stories of people messing up their teeth from using a pacifier too much.

gnd567 said:
My parents always said they were bad for kids' teeth and my sister didn't want her daugheter to have one because of that. I've also heard stories of people messing up their teeth from using a pacifier too much.
that might be for babies and toddlers because their teeth are still forming. adult teeth are stronger

EagleBoy said:
that might be for babies and toddlers because their teeth are still forming. adult teeth are stronger
True. I haven't had any problems yet.

I really want a size 7 silicone, but $61!?!

srmousse said:
Woah! That’s a lot!

srmousse said:
gnd567 said:
Woah! That’s a lot!
I know, they have a monopoly so they can charge that much but, it is so worth it. The issue is that you can't go back to the other pacis'. They also have proper inflation/deflation so sucking actually works, unlike all the others. I recommend the adultpacifier website over pacifier r us because the shields are bigger.

Last edited:
So, then use it sparingly. Sorry I didn't pay attention to the concern about shifting teeth. I have an implant I had to have done twice and it was in the front so I raced to have it done. I broke the very back molar and I took my time getting the implant and I found that I waited too long as the opposing tooth shifted down. My overall point is that no fetish or indulgence should be done to the point where it impacts your health.

The other problem with many pacis is that the guard isn't designed for an adult face. Adults have protruding jaws. Babies do not. Thus a proper adult pacifier will have a butterfly-shaped guard to allow it to sit flat against your mouth. AdultPacifier.com also solves this problem with a properly sized and shaped guard.

Also, if you're not allergic, latex is a far superior feel to silicone.

Last edited:
Arkady said:
It’s totally worth the money. They are expensive but it is mind blowing how comfortable they are. Anything less than size 7 is not meant for adult mouth and is just plain uncomfortable for me now. I suck my paci 24/7 and the size 7 keeps in my mouth all night. I haven’t noticed any teeth shifting. My teeth did shift with the size 6 rearz ones because the bulb was behind my teeth while the size 7 bulb goes all the way to the roof of my mouth away from teeth.
And that doesn't give you a choking sensation? Bigger pacis seem to give me a gag reflex. I was thinking of getting Rearz paci so I appreciate the feedback on this thread. Some have hurt my teeth in the past and others have not.

Back