How acceptable is it to use kids diapers for bedwetting as I start college?

carrotsandpickles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm 18m, and will be starting college in a couple weeks. Still having bedwetting issues that might be related to delayed puberty. Most of time, I use Pampers/Huggies size 7s at home, but I'm also starting to try out Ninjamas and Goodnites. Is it a bad idea to keep using these for college?

Reactions: Edgewater and StarWars7
Well that depends will you have room mates / dorm mates?
Might want to switch to a small adult diaper or pullup vs using kids ones
Wear boxers over top & a shirt to hide your waist line
if you're living solo do what works best for you
might be hard to explain to a roommate why you wet the bed
be even harder to explain why you use child diapers

Reactions: Edgewater
I would use whatever affords you the best protection and stops the bed from getting wet whether that is an adult nappy or the pyjama pant type pull ups. For me it is the former and I use the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit. Pull ups simply aren’t absorbent enough.

Just wear what you feel comfortable with, and what you can afford. Pull ups are easy to conceal under PJ's or shorts. Depends also how much you pee? I mean given you are incontinent will they hold up to overnight use, if yes then ok, but i myself would need to wear something with more absorbency to prevent leeks.

Ich empfehle die Better dry Pants,sind recht Saugfähig . Kinder Windel können zum Problem werden. Ich mag es lieber schlicht weiß

As you know, full-on U-IC can and does vary and especially overnight! Containing volume and the leaks that accompanies it will cause problems and become difficult to explain to others. Freshmen year commonly will have you in a room with several other individuals and acceptance is important and explaining child style printed diapers only complicates matters. Pull-on diapers are designed for very specific number of wetting events and volume, with leaks being commonplace!

Target adult small 'diapers' at first! If you find acceptance, wear within that acceptance!

Reactions: SparkyDog, ILuvDiapers and Diaperman95
Unless you are just having minor leaks and not real floods kids diapers will not be enough and you will likely have a bunch of leaks. Adults bladders are much bigger. That and with kid diapers if you get found out you are far more liable to be teased as a a adult baby than if you used a quality medial diaper.

Reactions: SparkyDog and Edgewater
carrotsandpickles said:
I'm 18m, and will be starting college in a couple weeks. Still having bedwetting issues that might be related to delayed puberty. Most of time, I use Pampers/Huggies size 7s at home, but I'm also starting to try out Ninjamas and Goodnites. Is it a bad idea to keep using these for college?
I’m in college, not IC but I wet the bed through part of high school. I would avoid the Pampers or Huggies but I think Ninjamas might be a good choice if they work well for you if you’re trying to be discreet about things since the designs aren’t obviously childish.

is not a very good idea because children's diapers are meant to hold 1 or more wets from a kid so they wouldn't hold what an adult can dish out i would at least suggest the smaller size northsore diapers if you can fit them

Last edited:
Reactions: SparkyDog and Edgewater
Back