Hoping for some guidence on cloth diapers.

LilPonyBubbleBut

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Heyya

I'm curious of everyone's options on great cloth diapers, Patterns especially. I found some fabric I want to order that's PUL and would like to get some adult diapers made. But first I need to figure out what is the best ones out there! This is where I hope you all can help me! Also need to know amount of fabric needed. Once I have some opinions. I'll start with some basic made ones and see if I like the fit and go from there.

Thanks
Lil Pony

Reactions: oldskool and Cottontail
You're using PUL for the outer 'skin' or a diaper cover, right? I cannot imagine PUL will absorb very much.

"The best ones out there" can take quite a while to identify. There are best prefold cloth diapers, best AIOs, best pocket diapers, etc. Where one type excels, others are deficient ... and vice-versa.

If you can give us a little better idea of what you want to do with the PUL, we can probably provide better guidance. Just asking for "the best ones out there" actually muddies the water considerably, since we don't know "best ones" what.

Reactions: Cottontail
This is shooting in the dark, because as @sbmccue said, there are many types of cloth diapers, buuuuuut.... You might take a peek at DependEco. Reasons? Her craftsmanship is top notch, she'll custom-size the diapers for you, and she'll also use any fabric you want for the outside covers. PUL is very suitable by itself because it's waterproof (not absorbent), but if you find a cotton print you like, or flannel, or minky, or something else, she'll back it with PUL. She's made several custom diapers for me, with cotton and minky prints, and they were great. (They wore out after several years, as these things tend to.)

In terms of absorbency though, you'll find that most fitted types of cloth diapers, like the DependEco all-in-ones, aren't super performers. You can stuff them a little, but the width of the crotch area is pretty limiting. My own favorite type of cloth diaper is a prefold, either fastened with pins or simply placed in a wrap, and although prefolds themselves are usually rather plain, you can always pair them with fun, printed covers and wraps. That's what I like to do. :) But prefolds can be bulky and waddly, and might not be your first choice for out-and-about wear. There are always trade-offs, as also mentioned above.

Anyway...

Definitely investigate some of the different types of cloth diapers if you haven't already, and then share your preferences. We'll have an easier time with recommendations if we have a little more to go on.

Last edited:
Agreed with the advice so far.

I make my own cloth diapers and have access to many sewing patterns (though most are for babies and need scaling and adjusting for adults).

There is a lot of choice out there and what is best for one person simply won't be right for another, a lot of it comes down to time and convenience factor. If you have plenty of time and space to change then flats and prefilds can be great but need to learn to fold them, on the other hand if you need fast and easy to change AIO's, AI2's, fitted or pockets might be better.

Then there is wear ti.e abd how much capacity you need, ease of laundering etc.

As for amounts of fabric I can probably advise you there when I get home if I have your measurements, but it can be quite a bit especially if you want higher capacity. It can be minimised by using a pad based layering system but that depends on the diaper you want made.

sbmccue said:
You're using PUL for the outer 'skin' or a diaper cover, right? I cannot imagine PUL will absorb very much.

"The best ones out there" can take quite a while to identify. There are best prefold cloth diapers, best AIOs, best pocket diapers, etc. Where one type excels, others are deficient ... and vice-versa.

If you can give us a little better idea of what you want to do with the PUL, we can probably provide better guidance. Just asking for "the best ones out there" actually muddies the water considerably, since we don't know "best ones" what.
I have no knowledge in cloth diapers at all. The PUL all I know is a waterproof fabric. So good for butter layer. I never been into cloth diapers but now I'm curious. And it's true everyone's different for sure. But basically I'm like all about fancy cute things. But something that can work. I'm thinking I would want something with stuffers or a all in one. Or one to add stuffers. This will be a whole process for sure.

Belarin said:
Agreed with the advice so far.

I make my own cloth diapers and have access to many sewing patterns (though most are for babies and need scaling and adjusting for adults).

There is a lot of choice out there and what is best for one person simply won't be right for another, a lot of it comes down to time and convenience factor. If you have plenty of time and space to change then flats and prefilds can be great but need to learn to fold them, on the other hand if you need fast and easy to change AIO's, AI2's, fitted or pockets might be better.

Then there is wear ti.e abd how much capacity you need, ease of laundering etc.

As for amounts of fabric I can probably advise you there when I get home if I have your measurements, but it can be quite a bit especially if you want higher capacity. It can be minimised by using a pad based layering system but that depends on the diaper you want made.
I have no knowledge in cloth diapers at all. This is why I have come here. All I know is I found a printed fabric I'd love to try with cloth diapers! I like things fancy and cute if possible. Also this would be something to use at home. Not out and about. I also habe no idea what the differences or meamings is for AIO's, AI2's, fitted or pocket diapers?

That's awesome you habe the knowledge to make your own! I definitely can't say I can do that. I'll need to find someone who can make them for me. But to know the amount of the outter layer for the PUL fabric would be great. It's pricey fabric so I want to get the right amount is all.

I'd love to see what kinds you have made? If your willing to share with me!

Ok home now so I can spend more time on a reply, I'll try to keep this short and succinct but anyone on here who knows me will know my posts tend to get quite long.

When it comes to cloth nappies there are many types. From those you have to prepare properly and pin on to those which are worn/changed much like a disposable, those that are waterproof and those which need separate plastic pants/cover.

First we have the pin on types:
  1. Flats, exactly as it sounds a flat diaper is just a square piece of fabric, usually cotton twill or Terry towelling. They need to be folded into a suitable shape to use as a diaper, there are dozens of different ways to fold them and depending on which you use it will change the number and the positioning of layers in the crotch area, more layers generally means better absorption before leaking. They need to be pinned on using either safety pins or some kind of clasp (a popular option these days is a Snappi which is a silicon band with tiny plastic teeth at the ends to grip the fabric.) They also need waterproof pants or a wrap of some kind over the top to contain it all.
  2. Prefolds, similar to a flat this is a square piece of fabric but vertically down the middle there is a strip which has multiple layers already sew in. These still need folding but the folds are easier, they also still need pinning and waterproof pants.
  3. Contours, Contours are basically a prefold but instead of being square/rectangular they have the thinner sides cut into an hourglass shape in order to fit the body better, they generally don't need folding but may still need pinning (or a cover to hold them in place) and waterproof pants

These are the oldest and most basic types and have a fair learning curve to folding them however they generally wash really easy and dry fast because they open out flat and thin. They are also often the cheapest option.

Next we have non pinned and more disposable like:
  4. AIO's, this stands for All in One, these are the closest thing to a disposable diaper, they have the same basic shape and features (leak guards on the legs, elastic cuffs, wings with some kind of attachment like tapes (usually Velcro or snaps). An AIO has many layers of absorbency built into it, usually has a "feel dry" fabric inside and will have a waterproof outer already on it. You put them on like you would a disposable and can easily boost capacity with extra pads. with an AIO you have everything you need on it. when you need to change you take it off clean yourself and put a whole new one on.
  5. AI2's, All in 2's are similar to AIO's the difference being that the waterproof layer on the outside is usually some kind of wrap that has the wings which come around to the front to hold in in place (Velcro or snaps) and on the inside an absorbent pad can be attached. These pads are usually a straight rectangular pad or an hourglass/shaped pad with multiple layers. once the pad is attached in place it can be put on and worn much like a regular diaper but when changing all you need to do is remove the pad and if the wrap is clean fit a new pad in and put it back on.
  6. Fitted, A fitted diaper is exactly like an AIO just without the waterproof outer layer, it is a full diaper consisting of several layers in the crotch and often a couple of layers in the wings, it's likely to have the same features like standing leak guards, elasticated leg cuffs, elastic waistband feel dry liner etc. They also have the same basic shape as a disposable with wings that com around to attach at the front with velcro or snaps, but you will then need a separate waterproof cover to go over the top.
  7. Hybrids, A hybrid is more like an AI2 it is a waterproof wrap that fits around you and attaches at the front but instead of a cloth pad they are generally meant to be used with a disposable pad, however a good Hybrid should able to use both cloth and disposables pads (hence hybrid) depending on the situation you need it for.

Finally you have the pocket types:
  8. Pocket, A pocket diaper consists of just 2 layers, the outside is waterproof (like PUL) and sewn onto that is a either a feel dry fabric or some other soft, non absorbent fabric. They are sewn together all around the outside and can have things like leak guards etc, they are usually elasticated at the waist and can have snaps or Velcro to fasten them. On one end (usually back but can be the front) right on the waistband the two layers are not sewn together in one section leaving it open to create a "pocket" reaching inside the diaper, into this pocket you place absorbent pads (mostly only rectangular ones).
  9. Sleeve, A sleeve diaper is exactly the same concept except that they have an opening at the front and the back, this is often done to help with washing since you can throw the whole thing in the machine with pads still inside and because of both openings there is about a 98% chance the pads will fall out on their own during the cycle (rather than having to manually remove them as you often have to do with pocket's.
Now this is only a very basic break down and there are variations on many of these to do something a bit different, There are also variations to include Pull up types (i.e. and AIO pull up or a pocket pull up).

When it comes to waterproofing fabrics there is a bit of choice, vinyl, nylon, PUL, PVC, rubber etc. when it comes to cloth diapers for babies PUL has become incredibly popular and is largely being adopted for adult diapers that are waterproof like AIO's and pockets, you can get PUL covers (pant style as well as snap on/Velcro wraps) for adults but the most common material for adults is still PVC (I personally prefer PUL and use it with all of mine).

PUL is great, it is easy to get in printed fabrics and effective enough to use for diapers however it can "seep" or wick around the edges and through stitches making the outer get wet and that can then wick onto clothing. This only tends to happen if you are over wetting the diaper inside or sitting in it for too long. PVC is a good choice that doesn't do this however it can dry out easily and break down. all the options have good and bad points.

There are also a large variety of fabrics to choose from for the absorbent parts, Terry cloth, Fleeces, woven and knitted cotton like twill etc. Each has pro's and con's, strengths and weaknesses. There are also a number of fibres used to make those fabrics from synthetic microfiber, cotton, bamboo, hemp, Zorb etc. and again they each have things they are better or worse at.

Making the most effective absorbency for a cloth diaper will often entail using different fabrics and/or materials in ordered layers to get the best result, but honestly it is not overly necessary when you consider that a simple flat diaper, a square of just one type of fabric and fibre, does the job quite well if folded properly. Unless you are either going for the absolute pinnacle of performance or to get good performance with minimal cost, and are willing to put in the time researching it all.

And finally for completeness sake you have the "feel dry" fabrics, these are a type of fabric that does not hold on to moisture at all, the way they are made means that fluid can pass right through it with no trouble and they still feel dry against the skin afterward. Microfleece is quite good for this but it will allow fluid to go through both ways meaning if you wet a diaper enough that wee is coming back out of the absorbent material it can come back through the microfleece onto the skin.

My latest favourite for this layer is what's known as "athletic jersey mesh", it is incredibly good at wicking moisture away from the skin and into the absorbent fabrics below it, is incredibly thin, breathable and soft, but best of all there are companies making it (Pro Cool being one) in such a way that moisture can only go through it one way. Now obviously it's not perfect, given enough time and pressure fluid can come back through the wrong way but it does the job well enough in every day use cases.

The downside for the one way jersey mesh is that it's £25 per meter (compared to about £12 per meter for the standard jersey mesh.) but if a diaper that lets you feel dry and really works to keep urine off the skin is important to you it's a dang good fabric.

Now personally as for recommendations for you, I do love a good flat diaper, I enjoy the process of folding/preparing it and pinning on, I like the bulk, and I like that the sides have more fabric so sleeping on a side and peeing has less chance to leak. But they do have a learning curve and prefold's are similar.

So my usual suggestion for people stands here too.
Start with a fitted diaper. They are just like a disposable for putting them on, have good coverage all round and a good capacity (more than any type that uses pads), they can be boosted with inserts if you need more but most importantly, the waterproof outer (plastic pants) is a separate item.

This is important because it means if the waterproofing starts to fail (and it does after a while) the diaper is still perfectly usable you just need new plastic pants which is so much cheaper to replace. If the waterproofing goes on an AIO you need to replace the whole thing. The opposite is also true if the diaper gets ruined (maybe you put off washing it for far too long and it's falling apart) you still have your cute plastic pants to use with the next diaper.

Moreover if you decide you don't like cloth or just want a disposable one day you can still use your cute printed plastic pants with a disposable, and if you do find you like cloth and end up with a whole bunch of cute printed plastic pants/wraps then you can use them with any of the diapers you have whenever you like, whereas if you had AIO's made then you can only wear each print once until you wash it.

Hope this helps, sorry for length, any more questions feel free to ask. Going to cloth diapers can be quite a big rabbit hole to go down, it can seem quite daunting with all that you might need/want to know. It's not really that much though when you can cut through it for only the things you most want or need to know.

Reactions: BBBen, WBxx, LilPonyBubbleBut and 1 other person
Belarin said:
Ok home now so I can spend more time on a reply, I'll try to keep this short and succinct but anyone on here who knows me will know my posts tend to get quite long.

When it comes to cloth nappies there are many types. From those you have to prepare properly and pin on to those which are worn/changed much like a disposable, those that are waterproof and those which need separate plastic pants/cover.

First we have the pin on types:
  1. Flats, exactly as it sounds a flat diaper is just a square piece of fabric, usually cotton twill or Terry towelling. They need to be folded into a suitable shape to use as a diaper, there are dozens of different ways to fold them and depending on which you use it will change the number and the positioning of layers in the crotch area, more layers generally means better absorption before leaking. They need to be pinned on using either safety pins or some kind of clasp (a popular option these days is a Snappi which is a silicon band with tiny plastic teeth at the ends to grip the fabric.) They also need waterproof pants or a wrap of some kind over the top to contain it all.
  2. Prefolds, similar to a flat this is a square piece of fabric but vertically down the middle there is a strip which has multiple layers already sew in. These still need folding but the folds are easier, they also still need pinning and waterproof pants.
  3. Contours, Contours are basically a prefold but instead of being square/rectangular they have the thinner sides cut into an hourglass shape in order to fit the body better, they generally don't need folding but may still need pinning (or a cover to hold them in place) and waterproof pants

These are the oldest and most basic types and have a fair learning curve to folding them however they generally wash really easy and dry fast because they open out flat and thin. They are also often the cheapest option.

Next we have non pinned and more disposable like:
  4. AIO's, this stands for All in One, these are the closest thing to a disposable diaper, they have the same basic shape and features (leak guards on the legs, elastic cuffs, wings with some kind of attachment like tapes (usually Velcro or snaps). An AIO has many layers of absorbency built into it, usually has a "feel dry" fabric inside and will have a waterproof outer already on it. You put them on like you would a disposable and can easily boost capacity with extra pads. with an AIO you have everything you need on it. when you need to change you take it off clean yourself and put a whole new one on.
  5. AI2's, All in 2's are similar to AIO's the difference being that the waterproof layer on the outside is usually some kind of wrap that has the wings which come around to the front to hold in in place (Velcro or snaps) and on the inside an absorbent pad can be attached. These pads are usually a straight rectangular pad or an hourglass/shaped pad with multiple layers. once the pad is attached in place it can be put on and worn much like a regular diaper but when changing all you need to do is remove the pad and if the wrap is clean fit a new pad in and put it back on.
  6. Fitted, A fitted diaper is exactly like an AIO just without the waterproof outer layer, it is a full diaper consisting of several layers in the crotch and often a couple of layers in the wings, it's likely to have the same features like standing leak guards, elasticated leg cuffs, elastic waistband feel dry liner etc. They also have the same basic shape as a disposable with wings that com around to attach at the front with velcro or snaps, but you will then need a separate waterproof cover to go over the top.
  7. Hybrids, A hybrid is more like an AI2 it is a waterproof wrap that fits around you and attaches at the front but instead of a cloth pad they are generally meant to be used with a disposable pad, however a good Hybrid should able to use both cloth and disposables pads (hence hybrid) depending on the situation you need it for.

Finally you have the pocket types:
  8. Pocket, A pocket diaper consists of just 2 layers, the outside is waterproof (like PUL) and sewn onto that is a either a feel dry fabric or some other soft, non absorbent fabric. They are sewn together all around the outside and can have things like leak guards etc, they are usually elasticated at the waist and can have snaps or Velcro to fasten them. On one end (usually back but can be the front) right on the waistband the two layers are not sewn together in one section leaving it open to create a "pocket" reaching inside the diaper, into this pocket you place absorbent pads (mostly only rectangular ones).
  9. Sleeve, A sleeve diaper is exactly the same concept except that they have an opening at the front and the back, this is often done to help with washing since you can throw the whole thing in the machine with pads still inside and because of both openings there is about a 98% chance the pads will fall out on their own during the cycle (rather than having to manually remove them as you often have to do with pocket's.
Now this is only a very basic break down and there are variations on many of these to do something a bit different, There are also variations to include Pull up types (i.e. and AIO pull up or a pocket pull up).

When it comes to waterproofing fabrics there is a bit of choice, vinyl, nylon, PUL, PVC, rubber etc. when it comes to cloth diapers for babies PUL has become incredibly popular and is largely being adopted for adult diapers that are waterproof like AIO's and pockets, you can get PUL covers (pant style as well as snap on/Velcro wraps) for adults but the most common material for adults is still PVC (I personally prefer PUL and use it with all of mine).

PUL is great, it is easy to get in printed fabrics and effective enough to use for diapers however it can "seep" or wick around the edges and through stitches making the outer get wet and that can then wick onto clothing. This only tends to happen if you are over wetting the diaper inside or sitting in it for too long. PVC is a good choice that doesn't do this however it can dry out easily and break down. all the options have good and bad points.

There are also a large variety of fabrics to choose from for the absorbent parts, Terry cloth, Fleeces, woven and knitted cotton like twill etc. Each has pro's and con's, strengths and weaknesses. There are also a number of fibres used to make those fabrics from synthetic microfiber, cotton, bamboo, hemp, Zorb etc. and again they each have things they are better or worse at.

Making the most effective absorbency for a cloth diaper will often entail using different fabrics and/or materials in ordered layers to get the best result, but honestly it is not overly necessary when you consider that a simple flat diaper, a square of just one type of fabric and fibre, does the job quite well if folded properly. Unless you are either going for the absolute pinnacle of performance or to get good performance with minimal cost, and are willing to put in the time researching it all.

And finally for completeness sake you have the "feel dry" fabrics, these are a type of fabric that does not hold on to moisture at all, the way they are made means that fluid can pass right through it with no trouble and they still feel dry against the skin afterward. Microfleece is quite good for this but it will allow fluid to go through both ways meaning if you wet a diaper enough that wee is coming back out of the absorbent material it can come back through the microfleece onto the skin.

My latest favourite for this layer is what's known as "athletic jersey mesh", it is incredibly good at wicking moisture away from the skin and into the absorbent fabrics below it, is incredibly thin, breathable and soft, but best of all there are companies making it (Pro Cool being one) in such a way that moisture can only go through it one way. Now obviously it's not perfect, given enough time and pressure fluid can come back through the wrong way but it does the job well enough in every day use cases.

The downside for the one way jersey mesh is that it's £25 per meter (compared to about £12 per meter for the standard jersey mesh.) but if a diaper that lets you feel dry and really works to keep urine off the skin is important to you it's a dang good fabric.

Now personally as for recommendations for you, I do love a good flat diaper, I enjoy the process of folding/preparing it and pinning on, I like the bulk, and I like that the sides have more fabric so sleeping on a side and peeing has less chance to leak. But they do have a learning curve and prefold's are similar.

So my usual suggestion for people stands here too.
Start with a fitted diaper. They are just like a disposable for putting them on, have good coverage all round and a good capacity (more than any type that uses pads), they can be boosted with inserts if you need more but most importantly, the waterproof outer (plastic pants) is a separate item.

This is important because it means if the waterproofing starts to fail (and it does after a while) the diaper is still perfectly usable you just need new plastic pants which is so much cheaper to replace. If the waterproofing goes on an AIO you need to replace the whole thing. The opposite is also true if the diaper gets ruined (maybe you put off washing it for far too long and it's falling apart) you still have your cute plastic pants to use with the next diaper.

Moreover if you decide you don't like cloth or just want a disposable one day you can still use your cute printed plastic pants with a disposable, and if you do find you like cloth and end up with a whole bunch of cute printed plastic pants/wraps then you can use them with any of the diapers you have whenever you like, whereas if you had AIO's made then you can only wear each print once until you wash it.

Hope this helps, sorry for length, any more questions feel free to ask. Going to cloth diapers can be quite a big rabbit hole to go down, it can seem quite daunting with all that you might need/want to know. It's not really that much though when you can cut through it for only the things you most want or need to know.
Thank you so very much for this information. It has helped me tons!

There is some past experiences I have had with plastic pants, when I was around 4.

I basically will only have cloth diapers for home. I'm not even truly sure how I will feel about it. Just this fabric is amazing and I'd like to give it a try.

I was going to try and PM you but I can't seem to fully figure this site out. I haven't been on it to much. If you can message me that would be fantastic! Thanks

LilPonyBubbleBut said:
Heyya

I'm curious of everyone's options on great cloth diapers, Patterns especially. I found some fabric I want to order that's PUL and would like to get some adult diapers made. But first I need to figure out what is the best ones out there! This is where I hope you all can help me! Also need to know amount of fabric needed. Once I have some opinions. I'll start with some basic made ones and see if I like the fit and go from there.

Thanks
Lil Pony
I find a large beach towel , I like white terry toweling cut in half is plenty big enough for me around 80 cm or 31and half inches or a flannelette sheet cut to 63 inches by 63 inches fold in half and half again gives you a 31 by 31 inch fluffy nappy or diaper. Using a towel or sheet is a lot cheaper than anything else plus you can sometimes get them from secondhand stores. Here in Australia we have Salvos and St Vinies stories also good for other clothing that you might like to wear over your diaper or nappies as we call them in Australia .Plastic panties are fantastic to wear over your cloth nappies they feel absolutely amazing, crinkly ones sound great and are so babyish . I usually wear a disposable under my cloth nappies and plastic panties as it’s saves on washing and I love the bulk . Nobody ever says anything when you’re obviously wearing nappies even when they are showing for those who are concerned about wearing them in public. Hope this helps, cheers from a lifetime DL

It is an expensive “top shelf “ company but the more tires kicked and diapers tried the more I felt Angelfluff diapers was the quality and build I was looking for I went ultra rise custom daytime and prefold ultra rise super heavyweight night diapers , I also get my plastic rubber pants from them ,they have an exclusive contract and are distributor for Gary ( I can call Gary give them pattern # and quantity and they show up in about 2 weeks perfect pants just the way I want them)
I had millions of questions before I ever spent a dime Jenny & Howard the owners were always happy to help, the saying about the service before sale is what you can expect after is gospel in my experiences with Angelfluff ( you can even be having a miserable day completely unrelated to needing diapers and the will talk to you , pray with you whatever you need ) they are damn close to being considered family.

LilPonyBubbleBut said:
Thank you so very much for this information. It has helped me tons!

There is some past experiences I have had with plastic pants, when I was around 4.

I basically will only have cloth diapers for home. I'm not even truly sure how I will feel about it. Just this fabric is amazing and I'd like to give it a try.

I was going to try and PM you but I can't seem to fully figure this site out. I haven't been on it to much. If you can message me that would be fantastic! Thanks
No problem glad to have helped, was gonna post a bit more and maybe add pics as examples of types but it was already getting quite long.

As for PMs normally you have to be established contributor to message people (to get that you have to be here for I think a week, have an avatar and post a set number of messages) in order to protect members from spam bots and such. established members can normally message newer members thought but I tried to PM you and the option isn't there.

The nice thing with plastic pants/ wraps etc. is that they don't have to be used only with cloth, lots of people use them with disposables too so you could still have some made with the fabric you found even if you find you're not keen on cloth.

The only thing I can thick causing that is that you have you privacy settings to block messages, if you look at the top right of the page and click on your name a box will drop down, in there click on privacy. On that page scroll down a bit and in the drop down box next to "start conversations with you" if it says nobody, change it to people you follow or members only (though if it is already on people you follow set it to members cause I can't PM even though you've followed me). if its already set right then I don't know.

Reactions: LilPonyBubbleBut
Belarin said:
No problem glad to have helped, was gonna post a bit more and maybe add pics as examples of types but it was already getting quite long.

As for PMs normally you have to be established contributor to message people (to get that you have to be here for I think a week, have an avatar and post a set number of messages) in order to protect members from spam bots and such. established members can normally message newer members thought but I tried to PM you and the option isn't there.

The nice thing with plastic pants/ wraps etc. is that they don't have to be used only with cloth, lots of people use them with disposables too so you could still have some made with the fabric you found even if you find you're not keen on cloth.

The only thing I can thick causing that is that you have you privacy settings to block messages, if you look at the top right of the page and click on your name a box will drop down, in there click on privacy. On that page scroll down a bit and in the drop down box next to "start conversations with you" if it says nobody, change it to people you follow or members only (though if it is already on people you follow set it to members cause I can't PM even though you've followed me). if its already set right then I don't know.
Your very good at explaining stuff in detail. It's fantastic. And for sure would love to see photos. If you care to share.

I never thought there would be a day but Baby Your Doll has diaper covers and long sleeved crop tops that have been my most favorite thing over the winter. I wore diapers out so much because the diaper covers I got a size up and they covered them completely. I do hope to get some diaper covers made in this fabric also. But the fabric is like $30ish or $35 a yard depending on the type of fabric. So need to really know before I go and order. I have all sorta of things I'd love made.

As for patterns. Definitely something that fully covers my bum. I see so many ppl out there who where diapers that show part of there ass hanging out. That is completely uncomfortable to me. I can't stand it or handle the feeling of it.

As for my settings I did look and it's set to members only. So who knows maybe I need to be on here longer and be more active. Do you have any other ways to chat? I have IG, Twitter and telegram!

Wow that sounded expensive until I converted Canadian dollars to GBP and it works out about £18 to £22 per meter ish, which sounds about right printed PUL here can go for anything from £12 per meter (about $20) to about £25 (about $40). Plain colours are closer to £8-£10.

I can't figure out the PM issue if it's not the privacy setting, I can message someone who joined today with 1 message but not you for some reason. Maybe @Moo or a mod might know better.

If you need to know amount though I need to know a few measurements to be safe, do you have a soft tape measure? I would need waist and hip size (basically around the thinnest and widest part of your waist and hips) and the rise (from a point on the back of your waist where you want them to come up to, between your legs and up to the same height on the front of your waist), the rise is best measured with a diaper on in this case as it will be measured for pants to fit over the top.

I'd need also to know the fabric sizes, if it's an online store can link it, if not then I need to know the width.

Fabric in the UK is sold mostly in meter lengths and is usually about 150cm wide, so for example my measurements are
38" waist, 40" hips and about 28" rise without anything on and with a diaper on (depending on which) can be up to about 35"

So for me I could possibly get as much as 3 pairs of plastic pants from a single meter length of fabric with a little offcut left over. If you can get those measurements I can help figure out the size in yardage.

Belarin said:
I tried to PM you and the option isn't there.
They need to reach EC (by having 20 posts) before you can start a convo with them.

Moo said:
They need to reach EC (by having 20 posts) before you can start a convo with them.
Is that a recent change for it? I know a new member always had to reach that point for before they can send but I've started DM's in the past with people who aren't EC yet and didn't have 20 posts.

As an example looking in the intros forum there is a new member that joined today and their only post is their intro and yet the send message button is there for me to click and takes me to the message page to write a DM. The button doesn't even exist for @LilPonyBubbleBut.

Belarin said:
Is that a recent change for it? I know a new member always had to reach that point for before they can send but I've started DM's in the past with people who aren't EC yet and didn't have 20 posts.

As an example looking in the intros forum there is a new member that joined today and their only post is their intro and yet the send message button is there for me to click and takes me to the message page to write a DM. The button doesn't even exist for @LilPonyBubbleBut.
Yes, I think there might be a bug here. For me, most Contributors do show a "Start conversation" button, but a handful of them don't. A few of those who didn't have the button later appeared to gain it when they became EC, so... 🤔

Did you try creating an empty conversation and typing "LittlePonyBubbleBut" into the Recipients: field?

Cottontail said:
Yes, I think there might be a bug here. For me, most Contributors do show a "Start conversation" button, but a handful of them don't. A few of those who didn't have the button later appeared to gain it when they became EC, so... 🤔

Did you try creating an empty conversation and typing "LittlePonyBubbleBut" into the Recipients: field?
I did and it says unable to message this user. It is odd because I know I've opened messages to people who aren't EC before, the button has always been there when I have hovered over members names or gone to profile (unless set in privacy options) but it isn't here.

Belarin said:
I know a new member always had to reach that point for before they can send but I've started DM's in the past with people who aren't EC yet and didn't have 20 posts.
You can start a conversation with most non-ECs. Most, but not all. Some, including LilPonyBubbleBut, you can't.
In these cases, you just have to wait until they reach EC first. That's all you can do.
This is not a bug. This is intentional. There is a list of specific things that can cause this.
I'm not going to explain what they are, though, because explaining them might undermine the purpose of the system behaving this way.
My suggestion is that you just wait patiently for them to hit 20 posts, get EC, and then you open the conversation.
If you (or anyone else) does figure out how this system works, DO NOT explain it.

Also, bear in mind that the limits on who can start/receive conversations exist for a reason, and its against the rules to try to swap Discord/Telegram/etc handles to try to open a direct conversation with someone you can't open a conversation with on-site.

Reactions: LilPonyBubbleBut, Cottontail and Belarin
Moo said:
You can start a conversation with most non-ECs. Most, but not all. Some, including LilPonyBubbleBut, you can't.
In these cases, you just have to wait until they reach EC first. That's all you can do.
This is not a bug. This is intentional. There is a list of specific things that can cause this.
I'm not going to explain what they are, though, because explaining them might undermine the purpose of the system behaving this way.
My suggestion is that you just wait patiently for them to hit 20 posts, get EC, and then you open the conversation.
If you (or anyone else) does figure out how this system works, DO NOT explain it.

Also, bear in mind that the limits on who can start/receive conversations exist for a reason, and its against the rules to try to swap Discord/Telegram/etc handles to try to open a direct conversation with someone you can't open a conversation with on-site.
Ahh. I see I see. We'll guess it's just a matter of time. I just haven't been much active on here. Guess I could try to be.

LilPonyBubbleBut said:
Ahh. I see I see. We'll guess it's just a matter of time. I just haven't been much active on here. Guess I could try to be.
You're almost halfway to 20 so it shouldn't take long.

Reactions: LilPonyBubbleBut
Back