Honest thoughts on Attends today

I've really wanted to try the Attends that are available in Europe; basically unattainable in the US

Reactions: Canadianfalls
The Attends Premier diapers (let's call them diapers, not briefs) are good diapers. For me they are also convenient because a local medical supply store has them in stock. They are very soft, and I find the absorbency to be good for me both at night and during the day. They are discreet and absorbent. My critical comment is the substantial diaper sag when wet, sometimes literally sagging off my hips. Diaper sag is a problem for many cloth back disposable diapers, but Attends Premier diapers have a substantial sagging when wet. Consequently I wear plastic pants, full cut panties, or Big Tots cotton/lycra diaper pants to offer support for my wet diaper. Of course, a onesie would also be excellent, but so far I am not attracted to onesies, but this might change. Their tapes are narrow, and I actually had a correspondence within the last week with Customer Support about the wet diaper sagging issue and recommended that perhaps wider tapes might help to keep the diaper from stretching and sagging when wet. I am sure that my suggestion will not result in any design changes, but it was worth a try.

I loved wearing Attends Premier diapers; they are the closest to Pampers Swaddlers, inside and out, but the tapes on a so-called 'clothlike' cover...typical scene: snug at night, loose by morning. And at $2 per diaper or more, the same cost as the far-superior InControl Elite Hybrid diaper, with tapes that seal the deal. And Elites look more babyish on my bottom than Premiers do.

So...until Attends gets more realistic about their product, my 'Pampers' get shipped to me from Canada. Attends used to be the best bang-for-buck diaper during the P&G years...

Last edited:
Reactions: BabylinoAddict and Canadianfalls
Frungie said:
The Attends Premier diapers (let's call them diapers, not briefs) are good diapers. For me they are also convenient because a local medical supply store has them in stock. They are very soft, and I find the absorbency to be good for me both at night and during the day. They are discreet and absorbent. My critical comment is the substantial diaper sag when wet, sometimes literally sagging off my hips. Diaper sag is a problem for many cloth back disposable diapers, but Attends Premier diapers have a substantial sagging when wet. Consequently I wear plastic pants, full cut panties, or Big Tots cotton/lycra diaper pants to offer support for my wet diaper. Of course, a onesie would also be excellent, but so far I am not attracted to onesies, but this might change. Their tapes are narrow, and I actually had a correspondence within the last week with Customer Support about the wet diaper sagging issue and recommended that perhaps wider tapes might help to keep the diaper from stretching and sagging when wet. I am sure that my suggestion will not result in any design changes, but it was worth a try.
The absorbency is great with the premiers, I agree. The sagging issue is a big one, though re-adjusting tends to help me. I feel they are only a night diaper because of all the sagging. They aren't discreet when used. When I put one on an hour or two before bed for the night, I'll either use a onesie or underwear briefs to hold them up in case they're used, to prevent early sag.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I loved wearing Attends Premier diapers; they are the closest to Pampers Swaddlers, inside and out, but the tapes on a so-called 'clothlike' cover...typical scene: snug at night, loose by morning. And at $2 per diaper or more, the same cost as the far-superior InControl Elite Hybrid diaper, with tapes that seal the deal. And Elites look more babyish on my bottom than Premiers do.

So...until Attends gets more realistic about their product, my 'Pampers' get shipped to me from Canada. Attends used to be the best bang-for-buck diaper during the P&G years...
Does this help with cost? https://paylessmedical.ca/products/att-ali-br20?_pos=4&_sid=7d6afc802&_ss=r

Last edited:
Historically, there have been two types of Attends models. Those sold in Europe, which at one time were plastic backed, thick, and absorbent, and those sold in the U.S., which have never been that great, even in the days of P&G owning the brand. I gave up on Attends about 20 years ago.

So with threads like this, I’m never sure what Attends versions people are talking about.

Last edited:
I loved the fit and feel of the Premiers but didn't get any use out of them because the tapes tore away from the back panel every time.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I donated some of the attends poly I had during a binge cycle, regret that now.

• Wow
Reactions: Canadianfalls and BobbiSueEllen
Back