Hiding incontinence from friends and family

My family know , but that’s it , no one at work knows even though I start my week at work with a large holdhall of nappies and go home with it nearly empty and I keep putting tied up little black bags in the big bin

Reactions: Diprs2, DiaperS7 and Angelapinks
I don't wear "cute" diapers or anything that could be considered such ....I don't flaunt my IC but certain members of my family...1 in particular that has a very big mouth big kept getting on me about doing more with family and friends and also was around when my health really went to shit ..and over the years people have found out and when she did well a lot of people did and now I don't care if someone asks I'm blunt about it I'm past caring I have enough stress and pain and bullshit In my live to worry about what any one thinks and if they don't like it fuck em and if you don't like someone who is IC and don't give a shit and openly admits it and that bothers you then fuck you too I'm just in the kinda mood today after dealing with diapers IBS and a leak today I'm a little sour I guess and to top it all off my mother of all people talked to me for like 50 minutes asking how I was doing lately and I said well they got me on a lot of prescriptions but something is helping a bit ..my pain level is down so that's a win ..and she said oh so your doing better huh well that good to hear so you're not having to wear those things anymore? To which I promptly replied I said my pain levels are decreased I didnt say my continence had increased ..if anything it has been getting worse so I don't know what to say. She just looked at me and said oh well that's ok I guess. I'm just tired of people acting like I'm fucking broken and it can be fixed ....I don't know one way or the other but last I checked someone who has there eyesight go bad and wears glasses doesn't get hounded by people or get judged.I mean WTF. I will say having people know is a double edged sword I have people in my life who just accept it and are cool about it ...I have others that want to know if I'm fucking fixed yet.... And then I have myself or sometimes handles it really well and doesn't care and well sometimes I'm just not in the fucking mood . But before I went off for no real reason I was going to say for the most part people knowing has actually been in the most part a positive for me . I have been able to vent about things with a few of my friends and even help 2 friends through some issues of there own with incontinence issues or kidney trouble.... So take what you will from my senseless rambling. Good day and good health to you all.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, DiaperS7, GeorgeG and 1 other person
NIIce. I mean that you describe that particular reaction and difficult relationship with a Mum. Thanks. Well done. Hope you feel a bit better for venting.
Raven801 said:
I don't wear "cute" diapers or anything that could be considered such ....I don't flaunt my IC but certain members of my family...1 in particular that has a very big mouth big kept getting on me about doing more with family and friends and also was around when my health really went to shit ..and over the years people have found out and when she did well a lot of people did and now I don't care if someone asks I'm blunt about it I'm past caring I have enough stress and pain and bullshit In my live to worry about what any one thinks and if they don't like it fuck em and if you don't like someone who is IC and don't give a shit and openly admits it and that bothers you then fuck you too I'm just in the kinda mood today after dealing with diapers IBS and a leak today I'm a little sour I guess and to top it all off my mother of all people talked to me for like 50 minutes asking how I was doing lately and I said well they got me on a lot of prescriptions but something is helping a bit ..my pain level is down so that's a win ..and she said oh so your doing better huh well that good to hear so you're not having to wear those things anymore? To which I promptly replied I said my pain levels are decreased I didnt say my continence had increased ..if anything it has been getting worse so I don't know what to say. She just looked at me and said oh well that's ok I guess. I'm just tired of people acting like I'm fucking broken and it can be fixed ....I don't know one way or the other but last I checked someone who has there eyesight go bad and wears glasses doesn't get hounded by people or get judged.I mean WTF. I will say having people know is a double edged sword I have people in my life who just accept it and are cool about it ...I have others that want to know if I'm fucking fixed yet.... And then I have myself or sometimes handles it really well and doesn't care and well sometimes I'm just not in the fucking mood . But before I went off for no real reason I was going to say for the most part people knowing has actually been in the most part a positive for me . I have been able to vent about things with a few of my friends and even help 2 friends through some issues of there own with incontinence issues or kidney trouble.... So take what you will from my senseless rambling. Good day and good health to you all.

Reactions: Diprs2
I've been in diapers 24/7 for the last 17 years, so that includes work, family, friends, etc. Some know. Most don't. At work I carry my backpack to the bathroom, and do my thing, and toss my used diaper. Luckily, there are one-person-only bathrooms, so privacy isn't an issue. If I'm with family or friends out and about, I've always got my backpack with diaper supplies. My mom and one brother know, we're open about it and we can laugh out it now. But if I'm going to a ball game or big event, I'll probably be soaked afterwards, and the waddle shows and so a couple friends know. I don't flaunt it, but I certainly don't hide it. Having an amazing supportive spouse also helps!

Reactions: Diprs2, ChocChip, GeorgeG and 1 other person
I have hidden my nappies for over 45 years, no one knew except my wife. My incontinence came on slowly then hit after my prostate operation (it sort of became legitimised!) Now I am less discrete and wear ABDL nappies on doctor and hospital visits and only wear pull-ups when I have to wear trousers and be serious. I tell people who need to know (like therapists/physios etc.) that if I make fun of my condition, I cope with it better, and make it less ‘medicinal’.

Reactions: Diprs2, jjpadded and Angelapinks
alfenton said:
As much as you may try to hid it, I am sure a lot of people know something is up (it is not like you go into the restroom and come back out in the same amount of time as a non-diaper wearer or that most non-diaper wearers go into the restroom every time with a bag). Even though they may think something is going on said most people are respectful of your privacy and feel it's not their business.

I kind of wonder why you would tell anyone other than a spouse or girlfriend or something of that nature. I just don't understand why it is anyone's business. So it comes down to what are you hoping to gain out of people knowing:

Are you hoping they are going to offer to change you?
Are you thinking they will let you know when you smell?
Are you hoping they will check you or remind you to check yourself?
Or do you want them to point out that you are leaking?

If it is not one of those things ask your self why you want others to know.

I am ending on this because this got way to long so sorry everyone. So before you were diapered did you go around telling other people about the color, shape, size and other information about your underwear?
No man it’s not about that. I sure don’t go telling everyone I meet but if it’s someone that you think could become your friend as I always say I prefer him to know as soon as possible ‘cause if he’s an idiot who changes his behavior towards you for it, the less time I end up losing. Just that. And fortunately they’re not common but they do exist. If I’d tell you the things people whom I thought were m friends did to me when they knew about my disability you wouldn’t believe. And because I lived that I prefer to know and furthermore I don’t have to go hiding anything anymore. That’s why, that simple

I've been IC since the beginning. Obviously my family knows, including uncles, aunts and most cousins (and a few grandparents). How could they not know? Nobody makes it a big thing. I have some close friends that includes some long time friends too. And I have a very select employees. Of course I have a new partner who also know. Beside all these people who know, I don't fly that IC flag. I try to be discreet. When I was younger in school I did get "outed" which is still a personal issue about that. I prefer to not think or remember those days. I still worry about whether my diaper bulge shows or if there might be an odor. Other than that I'm just like a regular person. Being IC doesn't stop me from doing anything I enjoy. Having to wear diapers doesn't define me.

Reactions: Diprs2, joemama, Angelapinks and 2 others
Obviously my wife and children know I have bladder ic, the children have long flown the nest and it is never an issue when visiting them.
However recently I am having more #2 issues and hiding and dealing with that is a lot more complicated but so far I am certain I have avoided detection.
I am also sure that none of my friends know I am a full time Nappy wearer as I try to be discrete as possible in my management of the situation.
Always carrying a spare Nappy is no problem as I sometimes carry one in a heavy coat I have in winter or my camera bag in summer and the Nappy sits under the camera as a cushion in a separate bag so no one will see it as a Nappy.
The only times I find it hard to conceal are medical exams which are few and far between and as everyone says "they have seen it all before" anyway.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Napincolove said:
Obviously my wife and children know I have bladder ic, the children have long flown the nest and it is never an issue when visiting them.
However recently I am having more #2 issues and hiding and dealing with that is a lot more complicated but so far I am certain I have avoided detection.
I am also sure that none of my friends know I am a full time Nappy wearer as I try to be discrete as possible in my management of the situation.
Always carrying a spare Nappy is no problem as I sometimes carry one in a heavy coat I have in winter or my camera bag in summer and the Nappy sits under the camera as a cushion in a separate bag so no one will see it as a Nappy.
The only times I find it hard to conceal are medical exams which are few and far between and as everyone says "they have seen it all before" anyway.
The camera bag was my friend also when traveling. Could keep a pull up and plastic pants in there just in case. For longer trips I had a small carry on bag with extra supplies.

Hydration pack works wonders

Napincolove said:
... recently I am having more #2 issues and hiding and dealing with that is a lot more complicated but so far I am certain I have avoided detection.
Always carrying a spare Nappy is no problem as ...
Like you, my bowels are becoming more problematic. When I go out for longer, I now fully diaper up. Today was an exception attending my daughter's birthday at her house with the grandkids. But I did wear the plastic pants and fixing pants over the pull-up, just in case. Today, was the first time I actually brought my laptop (diaper) bag with cleanup supplies, which were left in the car. That way I could always send someone to the car if needed. Thankfully, today turned out to be a non-IC-event.(y)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Back