Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Having a family and being an abdl

puddlefeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
If I ever have kids... not sure what to do with being an abdl. How do you all handle having kids and being an abdl?

I simply keep it a separate thing. My wife isnt so much into the diaper thing either so I keep it strictly to my alone time when I can. Its not easy, being in a busy household. there isnt a lot of alone time. I'll try to have diapertime after everyones in bed for a little while or a rare day Im home and everyone else is out at school or work. Its a lot of juggling time but you can do both.

Reactions: Sentinel and plasticsounds
Yeah, this is a puzzle we haven't figured out yet either. I'm getting married this summer and we definitely want children, but...

Reactions: Sentinel
I have a 4yo who I have always worn openly around. I'm sure as they get older I will be more modest and cover up, but it really hasn't been a thing. They are potty trained and haven't had any issues. My wife is super supportive as well as pretty much my whole family.

• Thinking
Reactions: soggybottomboy247, KidRyan, Rezzu and 4 others
Had a bunch of kids (best adventure of entire life).
I'm an ABDL since 3-4!
But when I got my first kid, my "Little side" decided to be more discreet!
In fact, the day your first child takes his first breeze, you become father. Your "Child identity" will let some space for the new "Father identity" (or mother identity of course) and become more silent for some time. It doesn't mean it will disappear but it will be less present, less obcessional. Your role of parent will become a priority.
And when the last kid will start to be more independent, your "inner child" will have some time/space available and slowly come back.

This is what I experienced during my life.
It never disappeared and I've been able to indulge during these 2 decades but it was less present.
What also changed is when I lost my second parent. You are not the child of someone anymore. It was like ti have the "freedom" to decide 100% for me. I know it's stupid but it allowed to become even more ME than before...

Don't be afraid having kids. Being ABDL and parents is totally compatible.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KidRyan, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 3 others
wetabdiaper said:
I have a 4yo who I have always worn openly around. I'm sure as they get older I will be more modest and cover up, but it really hasn't been a thing. They are potty trained and haven't had any issues. My wife is super supportive as well as pretty much my whole family.
I’m pleased you’ve got such a great family, it’s what everyone wants.

It’s great your 4yo is potty trained and on the way to growing up.

But I have a few questions to pose if I may.

What is your earliest memory?

Did you say things about your family that could be misconstrued in nursery school or early school years?

Has your little one already said daddy wears nappies like me?

I am sure your parenting is true and safe but it only takes a brief conversation by your little one at nursery school or early years for the floodgates of social services intervention to be involved.

There may well be a genuine ic reason but any flags from staff who are trained to listen may raise alerts.

Please, for yourselves, this has to be separate in your lives as soon as possible, your little one already has memories and they do like to talk, bless them.

It’s none of my business directly but please think about what I’ve raised, I am thinking of you and by you, I mean your whole family.

It’s only because I care I say this.

J x

🥰🥰

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, blaincorrous and Sentinel
SissyJenny2 said:
I’m pleased you’ve got such a great family, it’s what everyone wants.

It’s great your 4yo is potty trained and on the way to growing up.

But I have a few questions to pose if I may.

What is your earliest memory?

Did you say things about your family that could be misconstrued in nursery school or early school years?

Has your little one already said daddy wears nappies like me?

I am sure your parenting is true and safe but it only takes a brief conversation by your little one at nursery school or early years for the floodgates of social services intervention to be involved.

There may well be a genuine ic reason but any flags from staff who are trained to listen may raise alerts.

Please, for yourselves, this has to be separate in your lives as soon as possible, your little one already has memories and they do like to talk, bless them.

It’s none of my business directly but please think about what I’ve raised, I am thinking of you and by you, I mean your whole family.

It’s only because I care I say this.

J x

🥰🥰
I'm happy to answer questions and appreciate the concern. Earliest memory is hard to remember, but I vaguely remember going to Sesame Street World or something when I was 3. I'm sure that's actually from hearing stories about it.

Although I'm not IC we've told our kid that I have a condition that I need them so that there isn't any confusion. They have said that "daddy wears diapers too" more than a few times. As a nurse and a lifelong AB and diaper wearer it isn't a hard conversation to simply say yes there's a medical condition.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, soggybottomboy247, KidRyan and 2 others
wetabdiaper said:
I'm happy to answer questions and appreciate the concern. Earliest memory is hard to remember, but I vaguely remember going to Sesame Street World or something when I was 3. I'm sure that's actually from hearing stories about it.

Although I'm not IC we've told our kid that I have a condition that I need them so that there isn't any confusion. They have said that "daddy wears diapers too" more than a few times. As a nurse and a lifelong AB and diaper wearer it isn't a hard conversation to simply say yes there's a medical condition.
Hi, I wanted to message you privately but the absence of established contributor status denied me.

As long as you are aware of the risks it is in your remit and control.

I just know the mechanisms in play around children’s services, I’ve managed some of them and it only takes the most innocent conversation for the machine to start creating innuendo.

Once there, it is very difficult to stop the process. I’m not trying to create a horror story but just be honest with you.

Please, please be careful, my intentions are true.

J x

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Co
SissyJenny2 said:
Hi, I wanted to message you privately but the absence of established contributor status denied me.

As long as you are aware of the risks it is in your remit and control.

I just know the mechanisms in play around children’s services, I’ve managed some of them and it only takes the most innocent conversation for the machine to start creating innuendo.

Once there, it is very difficult to stop the process. I’m not trying to create a horror story but just be honest with you.

Please, please be careful, my intentions are true.

J x
Completely understand and appreciate it. Having adopted we are very aware of social services and their prying.

Having difficulty loading a profile pic which is stopping me from established contributer status. I guess I need to get that worked out. 😃

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KidRyan and sissygirlpink
I hope you understand I’m not meddling, I just really care about people and families and want to help you keep yourselves safe.

Wish you well, enjoy your family and I mean that.

I may seem strange to you that I like to dress but I keep it private to me and those that I engage with.

Best wishes

Jenny xx

🥰🥰

Last edited by a moderator:
SissyJenny2 said:
I hope you understand I’m not meddling, I just really care about people and families and want to help you keep yourselves safe.

Wish you well, enjoy your family and I mean that.

I may seem strange to that I like to dress but I keep it private to me and those that I engage with.

Best wishes

Jenny xx

🥰🥰
Sending so many hugs!!! Really appreciate all the care and understanding! Best wishes to you too!!! 🥰🥰

wetabdiaper said:
Sending so many hugs!!! Really appreciate all the care and understanding! Best wishes to you too!!! 🥰🥰
Thank you for understanding and when you’ve got your established contributor status sorted, message me if you want to chat.

In the mean time, best wishes and enjoy that lovely family of yours.

J x

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and wetabdiaper
MikeDJ said:
I simply keep it a separate thing. My wife isnt so much into the diaper thing either so I keep it strictly to my alone time when I can. Its not easy, being in a busy household. there isnt a lot of alone time. I'll try to have diapertime after everyones in bed for a little while or a rare day Im home and everyone else is out at school or work. Its a lot of juggling time but you can do both.
MikeDJ stole my answer, exactly.

In my first marriage I kept my diaper wearing secret from all, including my wife and kids. Once we divorced I told the girl I ended up marrying early in our relationship. She was also divorced and had a child. When we decided to live together she told her daughter I wore diapers and plastic pants all the time. We have never had a problem with her knowing and she is now in college. She has seen me many times over the years wearing diapers. We explained why long ago and that seems to have best for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, soggybottomboy247, KidRyan and 1 other person
Thank you all for the comments! Luckily, my gf knows about my secret and doesn't mind at all if I wear diapers around the house or if I act childish. She's not really into roleplay or me wearing abdl clothes, but wearing diapers freely (under clothes) is a huge step and helps a lot. I think when the time comes, I'm sure we'll be truthful to our children about what's going on, because frankly, I don't think I can hide it away from my life again. Unless of course... fatherhood truly has a way to putting it away for a while.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lyric, KidRyan and 1 other person
My partner knows and doesnt mind. We want kids too. I dont know how I would (if I ever do) approach the subject with my kids. I think itd be a case of if they ask then im honest but I wont openly intitiate that conversation myself. Kind of like "where babies come from?". If they are old enough to ask, they are old enough to know, but as an adult it would be weird to START the conversation without prompting from the child

Reactions: KidRyan
I keep it from my kids and will continue to keep it. Does it restrict when I can engage in the lifestyle? Well, yeah. That kinda goes with the territory of having kids. You have to choose your kids over just about everything else. It’s in the job description.

I don’t have any lost function, I refuse to tell my children lies, I can’t tell them this is a kink/fetish/whatever because we don’t involve kids in that. I also have a fear that my kids would attach to the idea like I did. So, I keep it away from them.

I recognize that people can explain things to kids of a certain maturity level… but there is a real risk of putting a mature subject on the shoulders of a kid at too young an age. They might act mature about it, but there’s a real risk that you don’t understand the depth of their thought process or how they really internalize things until it’s too late.

• Love
Reactions: KidRyan, Acceptance, puddlefeet and 3 others
My kids were growing up when I was in diapers for incontinence for years. I developed my DL tendencies during this time, just trying to make the best of it.

Reactions: KidRyan and Lyric
You are so busy with other PRIORITIES that being a little is probably not on the radar. Diapers become a tool.

Reactions: puddlefeet
Wow, throwback here! Still lost on what to do based on my post I recently posted! haha, but it all seems to be working together somehow! Thanks @Lyric for reminding me of this one! haha

Back