Haven't wet the bed in quite a few weeks, feeling uneasy

UnderTheRadar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So it's been more than 3 weeks since I went the bed, so a couple weeks ago I stopped wearing diapers to bed...

BUT... I feel really uneasy and worried... Even during the day I feel on edge... I really didn't feel like that, or at least much less of a feeling when I was wearing diapers to bed...

Thoughts?

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Jorelaxed, ianwee and 5 others
You probably feel more comfortable wearing. Depending on how long you have been wearing. If you're dealing with stress maybe wearing
May let you be ok in your own skin.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, jdinvirginia, Jorelaxed and 8 others
foxkits said:
You probably feel more comfortable wearing. Depending on how long you have been wearing. If you're dealing with stress maybe wearing
May let you be ok in your own skin.
Couldn't agree more

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Jorelaxed, ianwee and 4 others
Congrats on the dry nights. (y) Do you have under pads? If so sleep on them. It will give you a sense of some security.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, ianwee, newt and 5 others
I don't full on wet the bed but I do wake up damp. I can't imagine I will ever go to bed again without wearing a pull-up or training pants.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Lostdiapersboy, ianwee and 4 others
Maybe some super undies is what you need they are bed wetting underwear since you don't wet to much. There's a up front cost but after that it's a lot cheaper in the long run since they are washed and used over and over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120-085336.png
    Screenshot_20240120-085336.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Lostdiapersboy, AUG168 and 6 others
Diapers do have a purpose...but beyond that, they're super-cozy, super-soft, super-cuddly-comforting. It's understandable...well, see how this sudden change of pace goes, be prepared where ya can, wear when ya can, if ya want. We're still here! 🥳🥰

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Jorelaxed, ianwee and 2 others
UnderTheRadar said:
So it's been more than 3 weeks since I went the bed, so a couple weeks ago I stopped wearing diapers to bed...

BUT... I feel really uneasy and worried... Even during the day I feel on edge... I really didn't feel like that, or at least much less of a feeling when I was wearing diapers to bed...

Thoughts?
I think all but @BigAl1 missed the point here. This is largely not about diapers. You're experiencing the suspense of waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know it will, but you don't know when, you feel unprepared, are concerned about the implications of it all, and it's stressing you. As a result, you're probably not sleeping as well, plus cumulative stress, and your life gets more and more unpleasant by the day.

If your wife is supportive, and it sounds like she is, just keep wearing, just in case. You can reuse a diaper for awhile if it doesn't have to do its job, keeping costs low, and the peace of mind that you're prepared for the eventuality will be priceless.

You seem like a great guy. Don't let this get you down.

• Love
Reactions: Lethdale, AttilaThePun, UnderTheRadar and 6 others
UnderTheRadar said:

You're probably not sleeping well because you're not prepared when you go to bed. If you're able to wear to bed every night and you feel better during the day when you sleep in a diaper, do it. I used to feel the same way when I was chasing bedwetting streaks trying to time when I should or shouldn't wear them. When I gave up and started wearing every night, it was much easier and I slept much better!

Reactions: AttilaThePun, ianwee and PadPhilosopher
Do you have a mattress protector?
if not getting one should help reduce stress worries.
You could also sleep on a washable soaker pad
if you have an accident again you would have less laundry

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethdale, AttilaThePun, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
Actually, credit where credit is due, @foxkits also "got it" in his second post.

The great thing is that even those who didn't quite understand the problem were supportive. That's a great community.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, UnderTheRadar and BobbiSueEllen
Another idea: if you do end up developing better continence and still wanna wear diapers to bed without breaking the bank, you can invest in some cloth diapers, diaper pins & plastic pants. You'll feel happy again...plus if you do have an accident, your diaper will not only get it...but can wash, dry and put it in rotation for next time. Easy-peasy. 🥳🥰

Reactions: AttilaThePun and PadPhilosopher
UnderTheRadar said:

Thoughts?
My thoughts? you took it very complicated and insecure as it came to the point that it might be more appropriate to wear diapers, although your loving wife gave you full understanding and support - it didn't feel right for you.

Now you re in a phase that for a certain time you keep dry and switched back to underwear - and also this fact you take quite complicated, insecure and feel unhappy. Accept the things as they are - in phase you need diapers, just wear them and be happy and in phases you don't need them just leave them and be happy! Accept life as it is (and of course keep an eye on the medical background of those changes...)

• Love
Reactions: Lethdale, AttilaThePun, bdale and 1 other person
foxkits said:
Maybe some super undies is what you need they are bed wetting underwear since you don't wet to much. There's a up front cost but after that it's a lot cheaper in the long run since they are washed and used over and over.
I use these! I love the feel of them, very comfortable. They work good for me, and wick moisture well. I've felt how wet the pad is from the backside and could barely feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
UnderTheRadar said:

Thoughts?
Maybe you're not sleeping deeply enough to truly be rested, because you're worried you'll wet the bed? That could certainly affect your mood.

• Thinking
Reactions: hbic60, foxkits, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Back