Have you tried wearing pants (instead of wearing a diaper)?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Did you try wearing regular pants instead of wearing a diaper? I'm IC and I've always been in diapers. I'm sure I'm not the only one who tried wearing regular pants.
I did for a while when I was in junior high school (7th to 8th grade). I think I just got tired of having to wear diapers (even though some of my schoolmates knew I was wearing). It worked for about a couple of days. I wasn't having regular BM accidents so I gave it a chance. I started going to the bathroom almost every period so I wouldn't wet my pants. It did work for a few days. But it was so exhausting. I'd have a few small leaks and one day when I was leaving class and taking the bus to go home, I had a really bad wetting accident. I sat in the back of the bus and tried to hold back. By the time I was half way home I just couldn't hold myself
anymore and flooded my pants. That was the end of that experiment.

Did you try to wear regular pants instead of your regular diaper? I know that young IC kids try that. For me it was a disaster.

• Wow
Reactions: IcyBlue
It depends how you define it. I took a long time to get out of diapers (didn't get all the way out of them until 8yo) but immediately after getting out of them my continence was pretty solid. Unfortunately it went downhill when I was about 11 and I had to return to using diapers for a while. When I did eventually get back out of diapers a couple of years later, my continence was generally more noticeably faulty and unreliable than it had been the first time around, which contributed to my eventual decision to go back into diapers full-time when I was about 17.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back