Have you ever woke up with a dry or clean diaper?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm compete IC and have been since the beginning. I suppose I've gotten used to having a wet and messy diaper whether I'm awake or sleeping and getting up. Have you ever woke up in the morning and found that I had a dry or clean diaper? When I get up I'm always wet. I can say that I've never had a dry diaper in the morning. As for having a clean diaper (wet but not messy) I have at least 3 or 4 times per week. Having a BM accident while sleeping is "challenging" when I get up. It's like a victory when I realize my diaper is just wet. Cleaning up always make me feel like I've won. Just getting up, taking off the wet diaper and jumping into the shower, it cuts my morning time in half. On the other hand, a loaded diaper takes more time beside the mental struggle that hits me that morning. I do admit that I have been better with it over the years. But it's still a struggle. Do you feel like I do? Is it like victory or defeat?

Reactions: DannyMed0919 and sport1
greatlake5 said:
I'm compete IC and have been since the beginning. I suppose I've gotten used to having a wet and messy diaper whether I'm awake or sleeping and getting up. Have you ever woke up in the morning and found that I had a dry or clean diaper? When I get up I'm always wet. I can say that I've never had a dry diaper in the morning. As for having a clean diaper (wet but not messy) I have at least 3 or 4 times per week. Having a BM accident while sleeping is "challenging" when I get up. It's like a victory when I realize my diaper is just wet. Cleaning up always make me feel like I've won. Just getting up, taking off the wet diaper and jumping into the shower, it cuts my morning time in half. On the other hand, a loaded diaper takes more time beside the mental struggle that hits me that morning. I do admit that I have been better with it over the years. But it's still a struggle. Do you feel like I do? Is it like victory or defeat?
I tend to stay in one place while I'm asleep, so there are times when my diaper is dry or nearly dry in the morning. But as soon as I move, the peeing starts. When I stand up, my bladder empties just as a pitcher does when the spout is pointed toward the cup.

I rarely wake up in a messy diaper, but again, sometimes I can feel the poop sliding out as soon as I stand up. At that point, the best I can do is to try not to sit in the mess. I can no longer change a poopy diaper by myself. I have to accept my sister's help. That means, really, that I have to let her clean me up, help me bathe, and re-diaper me. Independence is slipping away..

greatlake5 said:
I'm compete IC and have been since the beginning. -- I've gotten used to having a wet and messy diaper whether I'm awake or sleeping. -- When I get up I'm always wet. I can say that I've never had a dry diaper in the morning. -- Having a BM accident while sleeping is "challenging" when I get up. It's like a victory when I realize my diaper is just wet. Cleaning up always make me feel like I've won. --- On the other hand, a loaded diaper takes more time beside the mental struggle that hits me that morning.
I'm complete IC too. Getting up every morning my diapers are always wet and sometimes dirty. I guess that it's just a regular thing for me. I feel like it's a "victory" when I haven't pooped my diaper in the morning. But I know it just means I'll be having a messy diaper later in the day.
greatlake5 said:
But it's still a struggle.
Wetting diapers are easier. But pooping my diaper is like a defeat. It is a struggle.

Reactions: russell100
I hear you, jdlake131. Society tells us that responsible adults don't poop in diapers. Remember, though, that only young children and the elderly are allowed to wear diapers without incurring society's disapproval. So feeling that load of poop in your diaper can definitely feel like a defeat.

For me, peace came when I finally gave up the struggle and accepted myself for who I am. My older sister helped me find that peace. I poop in the toilet when I can, but I no longer feel defeated when I poop my diaper.

• Wow
Reactions: sport1
Freddie07601 said:
I tend to stay in one place while I'm asleep, so there are times when my diaper is dry or nearly dry in the morning. But as soon as I move, the peeing starts. When I stand up, my bladder empties just as a pitcher does when the spout is pointed toward the cup.

I rarely wake up in a messy diaper, but again, sometimes I can feel the poop sliding out as soon as I stand up. At that point, the best I can do is to try not to sit in the mess. I can no longer change a poopy diaper by myself. I have to accept my sister's help. That means, really, that I have to let her clean me up, help me bathe, and re-diaper me. Independence is slipping away..
I have the same feelings .. even if I have wet during my sleep, I tend to wake up and once upright the pee just starts flowing with no stopping it until it’s all out ..

Rare I ever wake up with a dry diaper.
Nocturnal Polyuria forces me to use comically thick diapers to keep my bed dry 😥

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie07601
Freddie07601 said:
feeling that load of poop in your diaper can definitely feel like a defeat
There is something about defeat. I try not to feel depressed. I think that's the worst. I try to remember that my management is actually a victory.

I always wake up wet. I frequently wake up in the process of pooping or I have already pooped my diaper while sleeping. I never had these issues until I became bladder and bowel incontinent from a ruptured L5-S1 disc.

Longest that I was abled to be dry in the morning was about 3 or 4 days. If I go a week of having a dry diaper I'll switch to a pullup for a week then I'll go to a underwear pad and bed mat.

greatlake5 said:
Very very rarely do I wake up dry.

Wetshisbed said:
Very very rarely do I wake up dry.
If I woke up dry, I'd be soaked by the time I got to the bathroom. Once I sit up out of bed, and allow my heart to adjust prior to standing up, then by the time I am standing up, I usually urge and then I might as well finish.

Having a wet or/both messy diaper while sleeping, I never feel it. I sleep like a rock and it's like I'm in a coma. At least half the time I get up with a messy diaper. If I haven't have a messy diaper I know I'll usually have a BM in the few early moments. So I guess there really isn't a "victory."
But sometimes I haven't had an early morning BM. These victories are short held. I know I will have a BM later in the day. Which is a bigger defeat.

Freddie07601 said:
I hear you, jdlake131. Society tells us that responsible adults don't poop in diapers. Remember, though, that only young children and the elderly are allowed to wear diapers without incurring society's disapproval. So feeling that load of poop in your diaper can definitely feel like a defeat.

For me, peace came when I finally gave up the struggle and accepted myself for who I am. My older sister helped me find that peace. I poop in the toilet when I can, but I no longer feel defeated when I poop my diaper.
I was somewhat like you started having accidents and my younger wife was a real Comfort with having to wear a diaper.

I feel like it depends on what my schedule is, the hour I get to sleep, etc. I have periods when I sleep very little so it can be pretty common to wake up dry in these moments. I usually end up being wet while waiting to fully wake up (grumpy morning Eden can take a long while to do that XD).
During "normal" periods it's just rarely dry though, yeah.

My nighttime issues seem to come and go in phases, but for better/worse the phases are getting longer at least the wet phase. I term that "monsoon season". Drought season, when I go back to being dry at night is remaining about the same. It's odd waking up in a dry diaper, after wearing consecutively for a few weeks, but it is an indicator that the cycle has currently ended. I'll either save the dry unused diaper (habit I was taught as a kid with Goodnites if I was dry, because the next night I certainly wouldn't be) or indulge in my DL habits later. Honestly, it feels like a bit of a relief, waking up that dry night. It's one thing to have control and to use diapers for fun, but when that element of control is taken away and they become a dependency like glasses that element doesn't exist to the same extent, though I do grow a deeper appreciation that there is a simple effective solution for my personal issues. I do have one bad habit I wish I could break. Most the time I listen to my gut reaction, "should I wear tonight" 95% of the time it's a yes when the question comes to mind. Yet for some reason, after having laundered my bedding, that's the 5% that I end up regretting, it's almost like I need to have one night with a genuine accident to give myself permission to wear again. Like I have to internally give myself grief too' "Dammit FIL, this is why you should be in diapers at night!"

I'd say I wake up dry once or twice a month. As strange as it sounds, it's an odd feeling. I'll wake up and have to actually feel my diaper to confirm. In those instances I'll reuse the diaper the next night.

Reactions: diaperbobby
I wake up dry almost every morning, but then a minute or so later my diaper is soaked and will need changies.

FudgedInLuvs said:
My nighttime issues seem to come and go in phases, but for better/worse the phases are getting longer at least the wet phase. I term that "monsoon season". Drought season, when I go back to being dry at night is remaining about the same. It's odd waking up in a dry diaper, after wearing consecutively for a few weeks, but it is an indicator that the cycle has currently ended. I'll either save the dry unused diaper (habit I was taught as a kid with Goodnites if I was dry, because the next night I certainly wouldn't be) or indulge in my DL habits later. Honestly, it feels like a bit of a relief, waking up that dry night. It's one thing to have control and to use diapers for fun, but when that element of control is taken away and they become a dependency like glasses that element doesn't exist to the same extent, though I do grow a deeper appreciation that there is a simple effective solution for my personal issues. I do have one bad habit I wish I could break. Most the time I listen to my gut reaction, "should I wear tonight" 95% of the time it's a yes when the question comes to mind. Yet for some reason, after having laundered my bedding, that's the 5% that I end up regretting, it's almost like I need to have one night with a genuine accident to give myself permission to wear again. Like I have to internally give myself grief too' "Dammit FIL, this is why you should be in diapers at night!"
I have NO choice wife insists.

It's not common, but there are mornings I wake up dry. When it does happen the act of getting out of bed causes my bladder to empty immediately.

What I find strange is when I change in the early evening, at which point I self-cath to ensure my bladder is empty, then sit down to watch tv, and within 30 minutes dose off for 15 minutes, only to wake up on the verge of needing to change again. That's outputting a large volume in under an hour.

Boopa said:
I'd say I wake up dry once or twice a month. As strange as it sounds, it's an odd feeling. I'll wake up and have to actually feel my diaper to confirm. In those instances I'll reuse the diaper the next night.
Very similar for me. I am an almost-nightly bed wetter, but I do have the occasional dry morning. Since I wear cloth/plastic pants, it's easy for me to re-use my diaper the next night.

• Wow
Back