Have you ever weighed your diaper after using it?

diaperedjustin said:
First weigh yourself wearing the used diaper. Then weigh yourself without the diaper. The difference between the two is the weight of the diaper.

I had a 2.5 pound wet and messy diaper this morning.
More accurate option is to use a kitchen scale. I've got a little amazon brand one that's sized perfectly for a diaper, and I tare the scale with the empty diaper before putting it on, and when I'm finished, I can get an ML readout for the contents of the diaper that's accurate down to a single gram. I've been using it for a few weeks now to more accurately track and compare different products than just by logging the time or judging what feels right. For example, my 3793 ml boosted Megamax from last night was 8.3 pounds!

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, Saturatedandsodden25 and diaperedjustin
AquaticDiapers said:
More accurate option is to use a kitchen scale. I've got a little amazon brand one that's sized perfectly for a diaper, and I tare the scale with the empty diaper before putting it on, and when I'm finished, I can get an ML readout for the contents of the diaper that's accurate down to a single gram. I've been using it for a few weeks now to more accurately track and compare different products than just by logging the time or judging what feels right. For example, my 3793 ml boosted Megamax from last night was 8.3 pounds!
Y’all are getting some awesome weights! Due to budget constraints, I’m currently stuck with CVS brand pull-ups. They still can hold a ton too before the flood and gushing of urine down my leg begins.

Reactions: AquaticDiapers
Eclectic said:
What a timely post, I just happened to weigh myself this morning with my cloth night-time diaper and plastic pants and then weigh myself again after removing it. The difference was 4.4 lbs or about 2 kg. I’m a heavy bedwetter.
Let it flow! Let it flow! Let it flow!

OMG… I should have weighed my last overnight diaper. It was full to leaking and heavier than ever before!

Reactions: Saturatedandsodden25
LittleRen77 said:
OMG… I should have weighed my last overnight diaper. It was full to leaking and heavier than ever before!

Do it tonight and let us know.

Last edited:
diaperedjustin said:
Do it tonight and let us know.
Not wearing tonight :( but next time, I’ll let you know!

LittleRen77 said:
Not wearing tonight :( but next time, I’ll let you know!

Any updates?

Usually around 6.5 lbs but my heaviest was 10.4 lbs or 4717 grams. I decided to lay in bed till 0930 and it nearly fell to the ground when I stood up and had to hold it up while I walked to bathroom to poo. I just had to weigh it

Reactions: WillFord384 and jamiejamie
diaperedjustin said:
A lot of you seem to be on the metric system. I’m in the USA. We barely use the metric system for anything.
Any engineering discipline uses metric and most American cars use metric measurements and fasteners now. Military is metric. Its SI system or bust for things that matter. It's just normal people doing normal daily things that won't give up inch, feet, mile, pound, and fahrenheit because it's more familiar in daily reference. In other words anyone not using SI isn't a danger to anyone. It's just grocery stores and stuff. 🤣

Last edited:
No, but I have before. I make my own early style Pampers. The one on the right, because it’s got an overnight insert, weighs more, 15+ ounces, basically a pound. Here it is in action, this morning, weighing a whole lot more! Anybody wants to discuss how emotionally comfortable wearing diapers is, hit me up.

Attachments

• 2A1E01A8-08B3-4059-9684-EFCE965B3369.jpeg
    2A1E01A8-08B3-4059-9684-EFCE965B3369.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 7B3D562D-02C2-434E-A55E-A5029E48209D.jpeg
    7B3D562D-02C2-434E-A55E-A5029E48209D.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384, Deleted member 56273 and jamiejamie
Have you ever weighed your diaper after using it?

Yes, without fail every morning. For example, last night my diaper gained 16.82 ounces while I slept. That’s far from a record but more than enough to label the night “WET”. Hope for better tonight.

toddlerPampers said:
No, but I have before. I make my own early style Pampers. The one on the right, because it’s got an overnight insert, weighs more, 15+ ounces, basically a pound. Here it is in action, this morning, weighing a whole lot more! Anybody wants to discuss how emotionally comfortable wearing diapers is, hit me up.
Love the fanfolds with the stickers on them.

Reactions: toddlerPampers
BabyTweetyBird said:
Love the fanfolds with the stickers on them.
Thanks. Take time to make, but scratch the itch better than anything I might buy. Not say I would be unhappy in others, just that I know these are best ones for me, for looking and feeling most babyish.

diaperedjustin said:
Any updates?
Yes! I wore a Rearz critter caboose last night and soaked it to leaking! It weighed 7.8 lbs this morning!

• Love
Reactions: diaperedjustin
I weighed my work diaper after getting home yesterday and messing a bit. 4.6 lbs. I've done a few like that with my Trest but apparently that's amateur territory. There are people that have done like 7 or 8 lbs.

Reactions: nectar0001
Yes, I've done this 3,668 times, or at least that's how many data points I have since I started doing it systematically in 2017.

My diaper wiki started with a simple question: Among baby diapers, adult diapers, and boosters, where do you get the most capacity for the money? I started weighing wet and dry diapers, and it grew from there.

sissybaby34 said:
The beauty of the metric system, 1000 grams equates to 1kg approx. If you weigh your nappy dry, and again wet and subtract one from the other it will give you how much fluid is contained in it. I know this is not 100% but near enough for our needs.

Yeah, I use grams for my dataset since it seemed like it would be less error prone than pounds and ounces.

The heaviest diaper I ever weighed was a Trest Elite Brief at 4,551 grams (10 pounds) minus 260 grams dry weight = 4,291 ml capacity or 1.1 gallons.

AquaticDiapers said:

That's a great capacity for a MegaMax. The most I've ever gotten is 3,197. Nobody could ever accuse you of wasting diapers. :)

I use a kitchen scale with a metal bowl, so no matter how soaked the diaper is, everything stays contained, even with cloth diapers.

jamiejamie said:
Lol. High capacity diapers. Trest. With a booster added. ;-)

The Trest Elite is the highest capacity diaper I've ever seen, of 200+ I've tested.

Reactions: jamiejamie
Yes of course
cloth nappies can take up to one Litre
BetterDry Large I made up to 1,4 Litres of pee :oops:
Northshore Megamax L with an added soaker pad can hold up to 2 Litres, then they leak when I sit down

Last edited:
Back