Have you ever changed a kid diaper before?

Have you changed a kid diaper before?

• Yes

Votes: 104 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 53 33.8%

• Total voters

Lori

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I ask this question, because I haven't changed a diaper/nappy before other than my own, but it looks like I will have to this Friday.

I'm babysitting my friend's 2 toddlers, they're a twin boy and girl. As per usual of kids their age, they still wear nappies. Tape-up Pampers Baby Dry S5. My friend, she's the elder sis of a childhood friend, and being someone who gets a serotonin rush every time I hold a baby and love talking to toddlers, of course I have no problem doing it :)
But I am not gonna lie, I know enough to know changing a nappy isn't a milestone in my life I am gonna take any pleasure in achieving :sick:

-lori

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 66129, Palle, Cottontail and 7 others
I have only ever changed my own nappy also

Reactions: DIAPERBOY920 and BobbiSueEllen
I raised 2 kids so yes.

Reactions: Diaperman95, DIAPERBOY920, TheWaddlingDad and 4 others
I've never changed anyone's diaper but my own, and I intend to keep it that way. You have my utmost respect! Be careful to make sure they don't pee on you, and wipe front to back, even for the boy. Have everything ready and within reach before the changing begins. Place the boy's penis in a downward position (towards his feet) when fastening the clean diaper. I personally would suggest maybe reading articles or watching videos to get you familiar with the process of diaper changing. Here's some sources with other tips as well to get you started.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, DIAPERBOY920, BBBen and 2 others
I have, both my nephews when they were obviously little, one thing to watch, kids don’t stay still, it needs to be quickly done.
The other thing that happened to me, was after being with my oldest nephew for many weeks, my little side was gone, I was actually repulsed from anything little and me, it slowly came back afterwards.

Reactions: LinkDL, BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
I lost count, between my kids & grandkids. Pretty sure I've changed over 10,000 baby diapers over my lifetime. That easily outnumbers my own diapers. 🫢🤭

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, Deleted member 73083, DBabygirl2 and 6 others
Had 4 kids,so yes changed countless diapers.

Reactions: Bronie07 and BobbiSueEllen
I have 2 kids so I have done so many times. They all wore clothlike cartoony diapers though and Pull Ups as well...They never got the chance getting diapered in a thick all white plastic diaper like I got to experience as a child....plastic diapers were long gone by the time I had my two kids. Wouldve been good to hear all the crinkle, sticky tape sounds and the nice Babyish Pampers fragrance again. Modern baby diapers dont appeal to me at all....

Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
Three kids here, so countless diapers. For the boys put a wipe on there penis as soon as you uncover it. It will catch the fountain.

• Haha
Reactions: Sidewinder, DLWee, CodyBaby and 3 others
3 kids for me. Diapering them all is an essential thing done out of necessity. verse diapering myself or significant other, which is done for pleasure and fun.

I will say being a little has helped me learn a few helpful things about diapers. Like; don't buy cheep diapers. How to open the leak guards properly. How to fix the taps correctly. I also gained a bit of sympathy, I know what is comfortable and what is not.

Reactions: DLWee, LinkDL, DIAPERBOY920 and 2 others
I've only changed myself.

Reactions: DIAPERBOY920 and BobbiSueEllen
Having two boys I changed a lot … often times while they were standing or running. Mine never were like the television kids who would lay on the floor patiently waiting for you to finish

Reactions: DIAPERBOY920, BobbiSueEllen and Zeke
My son. When you are doing it for someone else, it is a job that you have to just get done.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
With my sons, I have changed hundreds, if not thousands of diapers, including play-doh babies, where poop comes out of every possible ope4neing...front, back, leg holes...you name it! NOT FUN! SHOWER time! Wife hated I did that, but both of my sons found it amusing as hell!

• Haha
Reactions: Eclectic, DIAPERBOY920, BBBen and 1 other person
We were very traditional, 2 sons both were in terry nappy squares and plastic pants. So I changed thousands. We often comment on how long our washing machine lasted being used almost evert day and it was over 20 years before we had a problem.

Reactions: BBBen and Littlebabymikey
More times than I've had hot dinners.

It's actually not as bad as you might think, even messy ones, toddler poo generally has a different smell than adults. @PrettyLilPrincess gave some great advice up there about going front to back even for boys and being prepared before you start. not so bad for toddlers but infants can start peeing on a moments notice once the diaper is off.

To continue that advice, lay them side ways to you (not with legs pointing toward you) in case they start to go you are out of the direct line of fire, Always open and stretch out the nappy before removing the old one and if they are only wet you could even put the new nappy under them in place ready to go before removing so you can just open, remove clean and go. make sure to get in all the creases (like where legs meet the body) to clean.

If they are especially fidgety give them a toy to occupy them to help keep them a little bit more still, never leave a child on a raised place when changing (table/counter etc.) if you are not there or not paying attention they can and will roll off. Also children have a tendency to grab at themselves when changing so it it's a messy nappy keep an eye on their hands, and finally toddlers tend to go a lot more than adults and won't tell you if wet/messy so you will want to be checking them regular (2-4 hours depending on how much they have drunk).

Reactions: TigerDL, Woncrinklz, DIAPERBOY920 and 4 others
After watching that video it’s clear that Pampers thinks that their product is what you should think of as a diaper, but for me it’s a cloth prefold that comes to mind. Back when I was a kid when disposables were mentioned all that came to mind was a glorified paper towel and cloth was what came to mind even in cartoons. They’re what I was diapered with and my wife and I diapered our children with so yes I’ve changed my kid’s diapers a myriad of times and I had the pin pricks as proof. I suggested to my wife that we try either as a diaper changing aid but she didn’t she the humor in it. Cloth diapers also have the additional benefit of being great clean rags when they were worn out or your kids didn’t need them any longer. They’re also less expensive than disposables, well at least they were until I spent over a grand for a new laundry pair to keep my diapers from getting annihilated by my old overly aggressive washing machine. All I wanted was for my washer to agitate my diapers not totally obliterate them!

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BBBen
craigd1341 said:
Having two boys I changed a lot … often times while they were standing or running. Mine never were like the television kids who would lay on the floor patiently waiting for you to finish
So you had two pee fountains to watch out for when a cool breeze would blow through!

• Haha
Reactions: BBBen, Sidewinder and BobbiSueEllen
I've only ever changed my (babyfur) friends myself.
Though I've been present when babies and toddlers where being changed. Though that's a long time ago.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Yes. It's a pretty easy process. It takes less than five minutes. It's a great bonding activity with the kid(s) too if you choose to interact with them and they don't fight it.

Reactions: Sidewinder and BobbiSueEllen
Back