Has being a parent brought out your little side?

Traveler

Diapers rule, so do the people who wear them!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My child is 5 and we often spend our lazy days watching kids shows like Bluey and Blippi and Peppa. It's been going on now for years where he'll be watching and I'll be reading or surfing the web. The other morning his daycare was closed before preschool so we hung out on the couch and watched some kids shows, and after about 30 minutes or so I found myself getting really into it, like I never have before. I got him dressed, we had lunch and I took him down to meet his bus, and then I did something I've never done before. I went home and regressed hard! I put on the silliest printed diaper I own and a short t shirt that showed it off to the poor unsuspecting cats and dog, grabbed a blanket and watched Bluey with my thumb in my mouth for like 2 hours! I've always been a DL with really kinky thoughts that my wife and I keep to the bedroon, but at that moment it clicked in me and it felt so amazing. Like this DL gets what AB is about now and it feels incredible. I doubt it would've ever happened if I hadn't been subconsciously exposed to my kid just being a real little and having the shows on all the time. I'm really hoping I can empathize with him on a deeper level from now on, as I've always been the stern authoritarian dad that I was raised by, and that he was raised by.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: TrashPanda01, PadPhilosopher, CutestPaddedFemboy and 1 other person
I imagine it happens a fair bit but from similar posts and stories I've read in the past I think the opposite is more often the case.

A lot of people have said that having children actually caused their AB side to move to the back seat for quite a while, which is understandable as you adapt to new responsibilities and the role as a parent,

I imagine there are many more triggers around you as a parent especially of a younger child, that may cause an AB side to jump up too attention but more likely at inopportune moments where you can't really allow it to come out, so it gets pushed back down and over time may seem to lessen quite a bit.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Yeah, I’m a DL and mild AB… when I’m around my friends / families kids, i don’t feel like wearing diapers, it feels awkward to me.

RestrainU4Me said:
Yeah, I’m a DL and mild AB… when I’m around my friends / families kids, i don’t feel like wearing diapers, it feels awkward to me.
I feel the same way, except I've been wearing around my wife a little more lately. Wearing or having any abdl stuff around my kid is a definite no. I'm mostly wondering if subconscious exposure to the little world has woken up my little side I didn't know existed.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and RestrainU4Me
Being a parent was an excuse to buy everything from Duplos to a family N64 and beyond. 😇

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and JamisonFTM
Traveler said:
I feel the same way, except I've been wearing around my wife a little more lately. Wearing or having any abdl stuff around my kid is a definite no. I'm mostly wondering if subconscious exposure to the little world has woken up my little side I didn't know existed.

Agreed! Wearing around the wife is the best! Especially when they give you butt pats lol

In my experience with nieces, nephews, friends, babysitting, etc the DL side will be suppressed to zero. But the innocent little side will be greatly amplified to unimaginable levels as you get to play with them and live vicariously. It's like the worlds best drug. I love when they fall asleep in my arms, I'll just zone out for hours.

🥰🧸

Last edited:
  • Love
I’d say I was the opposite, when my children were young I didn’t even involve myself in changing their nappies.
My elderly father has some health issues atm and after spending over a month in hospital has returned home having to wear protection.

This too has kept my nappy desires at bay some what.

As a father and raising five children, I can say for me being as a DL I was never influenced or effected by my children wearing diapers. On occasion, actually many. occasions, I changed their diaper. but my fetish was completely separate from that. it may have given me more of a tolerance for changing diapers. But seeing them in diapers never made me want to be wearing them.. probably because my diaper fetish is much more sexual than anything. During a good part of the time when I was raising them, I was hiding much of my wearing a diapers. And when I wore them around my wife, it was only in a privacy of our bedroom or on vacation.

I’d say it really depends on whether you are more of a fetishist or a regressive little. I’d also say it depends on how much you’ve integrated this into your life.

I’m not much of a fetishist and not very sexual. Mostly asexual. Obviously, that sort of stuff should stay strictly in the bedroom away from your children.

In my case, my little needs are part of my personality so I definitely have a lot more fun than most parents playing with toys with my son. We have a deep connection when it comes to make-believe and play time. However, I’m still his father and still able to guide him in heathy and respectful ways.

There’s a section in Dr Rhoda’s book called “You’re Not Broken” that argues ABDLs probably make better parents because they are generally more protective of children and can more closely relate to them on a deeper level. I would agree with that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone and PadPhilosopher
Back