Has anyone here had naturally poor control from a young age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cammer said:
and thought my abnormal bladder was normal until I realized it wasn’t.
I understand that all too well.

Reactions: perlFerret
Dandelion said:
I’m nowhere near a severe wetter as many here as I had a good long dry period through most of my teen and adult life .
Until I read many of the descriptions of what incontinence is I just assumed my early wetting was fairly normal delayed physical development
I wet the bed and had to wear nappies at night till about 5 and a half years old when during a spell in hospital for pneumonia I managed to train myself not to wet the bed. However I would have daytime wetting acccidents occasional bed wetting and minor leaking into my early teens.
I was mostly ok during my 20s 30s but in my late 40s started getting overflow issues (leaking several times after using bathroom) This lead to a skin infection from dried urine in my trousers because for a while I didn’t know I was having minor leaks again.
Because of wearing nappies and plastic pants as a kid I developed a strange attachment to them even though as a kid it embarassed me and I recently decided to start wearing most of the time. I think it was the flip side of the fear of being put back in nappies as a kid for daytime dribbling that caused the attachment . But It answers my overflow problem and gives me comfort and confidence that I don’t need to strain to hold my dribbling after going to the bathroom. Obviously there must also be some fun and fetishness which resulted for me otherwise I wouldn’t have taken photos . 🙂
I also had small accidents like wet spots this increased till my wife put her foot down been in diapers forever.

Reactions: Dandelion
Finny said:
It was always confusing how others could use the restroom correctly each time and not have accidents And they couldn’t explain it. At one point, I was daytime continent for a few years but lost it again by my teens. It was mostly isolating
Boy does this sound like me. Although I’ve never really been fully continent for a long period of time.

People have asked me when I show up someplace, like a doctors appointment, “do you have to use the restroom?” Uh no. If I had to use the restroom I’d be heading there, already there, or filling my diaper.

It sounds strange but I’ve always been mystified at how most people can hold it and go on command.

Reactions: sport1 and Dandelion
As far as I know I potty trained at about 2 and had normal daytime continence afterwards, but I was a bed wetter until around 9-10. From that time, until I had a truck accident in Alaska when I was 34, I didn’t have any problems. After damaging my C3-C4, C4-C5, and C5-C6 discs I was experiencing a lot of pain and limited urinary incontinence. Post disc fusion surgery this increased somewhat and then about 25 years later I had a medication related seizure that led to my total dual ic. So I don’t believe that I had any physical proclivities to ic other that the cervical spinal damage that resulted from the accident and resulting surgery. Doctors haven’t been able to explain to me why my seizure resulted in my dual ic, but either it did or it was one Hell of a coincidence as the later appeared immediately after the former.

Reactions: sport1
Since around 4or 5

Reactions: perlFerret
I need to piss quite often when I'm chilled/cold, always been that way since childhood.

It has also been very cold here lately and that same urgency kicks in everytime I go outside in this cold.

I have many wetting issues every day. I often don’t know I need to go until I am peeling

Since I was a little kid, I was alwys the family member who made the car stop at every rests stop to pee. Also the kid you had to pee every classroom break. I was diagnosed with urge incontincy and it is feeling worse with time

Well it wasnt so much poor control. It was more that as a child it seemed to me that I would tend to go more frequently. I remember other people around me not having to go for almost half of the day! My grandfather actually appeared to hardly ever use the bathroom . He said he would go in the morning and be good for most of the day. I dont know if he was exaggerating but it did seem he never used the bathroom when I was staying at his house as a child. I generally never had any incontinence issues as I grew up but did have to use the bathroom frequently enough. Ive heard many say everyones plumbing is different. So I guess some go more frequently than others.

had urinary spotting on the trousers since I was a child. But now I am in my late 40s things are worse.

I have always had sketchy bladder control and was a frequent wetter as a child. Even after toilet-training my mother had me wear plastic pants over my cotton training pants/briefs to help with my accidents, which I continued through much of grade school (thanks to the flannel-lined plastic pants in the Sears catalog I believe). Family car trips were always "interesting" since I would usually wet my pants in the car at some point. I did learn that multiple small accidents were better than one big one, so I became pretty good at wetting modest amounts, so when the "big one" came, it was not so catastrophic. My wetting diminished significantly from the late teens through mid-twenties, but became enough of a problem afterwards that I started experimenting with the first generation of adult disposable diapers, was in and out of diapers until 2006, at which point I started wearing full-time and have been ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back