Has anyone been in a car accident diapered?

Indyboy44

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Random thought today. I don’t wear 24/7 but frequently and sometimes I will run errands where I just am getting grocery pickup or driving thru to get coffee or food. Since I’m not really getting out of my car, I’m usually wearing comfy clothes/clothes that don’t hide my diaper like I usually do if I were to truly wear in public. The thought crossed my mind what if someone rear ended me or I got in accident and I have to stand and wait for the police/exchange insurance info in possibly an obvious and soaked diaper under my clothes? Or even worse if I were hurt and I had an ABDL diaper on? Has anyone had this experience or does it cross your mind at all? Maybe just an irrational fear of mine

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Safari, TigerDL, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
BTW being in a car with a loaded bladder can cause rupture in a wreck due to the seat belt pressing on your belly.

• Wow
Reactions: ronnieM, TigerDL, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
the thought has crossed my mind. Any car accident is terrible, the only thing that matters is your wellbeing after the accident, what you were wearing would hardly count.

Reactions: TigerDL, RedPandaDL, iluvdps2 and 6 others
I have had the same thought cross my mind too. In fact, it does on the weekends and holidays when I leave the house diapered.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
There is a girl I knew that told me she was speeding while driving because she had to use the bathroom. She ran into someone's car and wet her pants in her car. The police arrested her because she was driving on a suspended license. I asked her about her experience and she really did not want to go into detail. Sometimes I wonder if she wet her pants thinking she would not get in trouble. 🤔

• Wow
I have been in three car accidents while diapered. The first one was me rear ending a big suv, the second one was somebody rear ending and the third was some idiot making a right turn into me, she tried that right turn from the left turn only lane. In the second one, the guy who hit me was wasted, but didn’t do any damage to mine so I basically said “this is is your lucky day, I am not gonna call the cops on you, get out of my face. Later”. They were more than happy to leave without having to leave in handcuffs. The first and third ones involved the police though as they both had damage. None had any injuries. Waiting for the police and then the investigations seemed to go forever though. Nobody was looking at peoples crotches, so it didn’t matter. I don’t think cops look for or care if you are diapered unless a canine is sniffing at it, and the other parties would be too stressed to even look. In these cases I was wearing Betterdry, so that may not count for the original question about ABDL diapers.

Reactions: checkingoutall
Some idiot made a U Turn at a four way intersection and hit me in the rear drivers side quarter panel of my suburban. I was in a pretty wet diaper and was going to the gas station across the street to change. All I can say is I’m thankful for leather seats and a understanding police officer who let me sit in my vehicle while taking my info down. I left the scene and drove home to change and throughly clean the seat.

Reactions: 21nbby, ronnieM, KrankyPants and 1 other person
I was hit by a car on the 17th of August this year. I was taken to the hospital, they cut my clothes off down to my very noticeably wet diaper, my dad had to bring me a dry diaper and some clothes when he came to pick me up.

• Wow
No. Put I was in a 2 hour stopage on interstate highway. Going home. Put before that I got gas. Bought a large 44 oz soda. I also drank a prune juice.
I knew I would be home in 15 minutes. I did wet and mess my diaper. Due to 2 hour traffic standstill.
What is funny and not funny. We were in a wooded, and field area. I noticed 3 people wander into woods. Then come back out minutes later. I wonder why

Reactions: Diapercutie
I use to ride on the ambulance as an EMT for 12 years, I've seen people in diapers before, mainly the infirmed and elderly, honestly none of us on the crew thought twice about it, and actually were kind of relieved to see a person diapered because that meant a less of a chance of having to clean the stretcher (sometimes very sick or injured people will loose control due to the illness, injury or being in a lot of pain)
As a fire fighter when we comes across a wreck, we're honestly to busy to notice or care, usually if were called to a scene, there's a chance of something more dangerous going on then a typical car accident.

Cool. I have an opportunity to tell this story lol
When I was in high school, I worked for a farmer in the summer. I'd tend to his fields, pulling rye out of the wheat, spraying, prepping the harvest equipment etc. My junior year I ran my first harvest with him as the truck driver. About halfway through harvest, I figured I could wear all day and it would be fine, and it was. Never had an issue that whole season. Fast forward to the next year, and I was doing it again. Everything was smooth, I'd recruited a buddy to help out because I had a number of commitments through the summer and he'd fill in or just come in and drive the other truck when needed. That all went great until the very last day of harvest. So, I was in the older rig, a 1977 ford 9000 series I believe, it was the harder of the 2 trucks to drive but it ran good enough. Anyway, they loaded me up and sent me on my way to the grain elevator, we were trying to get done quickly and I was a tad overloaded at about 15tons. On the gravel road, I've driven this route probably 1000 times at this point, I slow down and go around the first corner just fine. At the second corner, I downshift, press the brake in a little to help, and the rear locks up completely. I damn near made it through sliding the ass end through the corner hoping I could stop somewhere on the other side, but the truck had other plans. The back went over the 12ft embankment and as hard as I tried, it took me in, rolling me on the driver's side door and sliding about 10ft before coming to a complete stop. Keep in mind, this is a rig from 1977, no airbags, no seat belts. Once I'd realized what happened, I shut the truck off and climbed out the passenger window, using the seats as a ladder to climb up to the window. Once out, I looked at myself and I had a pretty large gash (honestly looked like I had a bad run in with a cheesegrater) in my side right above my waist line. I called my boss, the owner, and he told me that he would head out and take a look. My guy pulls up, laughing his fucking ass off, took him a minute to take a breath and ask me if I was OK, then he noticed the blood under my shirt and asked to see and I tried to decline and tell him it was fine. He wouldn't drop it and so I did, I don't know if he ever noticed the Lil Pawz I was wearing, but he did look at it for a while. Anyway, I was fine, he asked if I was good to drive, I said yes thinking he'd let me go home and sleep it off but he just took me back and had me drive the other truck for the day.

TLDR: I drove a wheat truck and rolled it while wearing. My boss looked directly at it and didn't say anything about it...also, to this day, 6 years later, the wheat that grows in that area is a different shape and color as the wheat that grows around it lol 15T is a lot

Chanch0 said:
Cool. I have an opportunity to tell this story lol
When I was in high school, I worked for a farmer in the summer. I'd tend to his fields, pulling rye out of the wheat, spraying, prepping the harvest equipment etc. My junior year I ran my first harvest with him as the truck driver. About halfway through harvest, I figured I could wear all day and it would be fine, and it was. Never had an issue that whole season. Fast forward to the next year, and I was doing it again. Everything was smooth, I'd recruited a buddy to help out because I had a number of commitments through the summer and he'd fill in or just come in and drive the other truck when needed. That all went great until the very last day of harvest. So, I was in the older rig, a 1977 ford 9000 series I believe, it was the harder of the 2 trucks to drive but it ran good enough. Anyway, they loaded me up and sent me on my way to the grain elevator, we were trying to get done quickly and I was a tad overloaded at about 15tons. On the gravel road, I've driven this route probably 1000 times at this point, I slow down and go around the first corner just fine. At the second corner, I downshift, press the brake in a little to help, and the rear locks up completely. I damn near made it through sliding the ass end through the corner hoping I could stop somewhere on the other side, but the truck had other plans. The back went over the 12ft embankment and as hard as I tried, it took me in, rolling me on the driver's side door and sliding about 10ft before coming to a complete stop. Keep in mind, this is a rig from 1977, no airbags, no seat belts. Once I'd realized what happened, I shut the truck off and climbed out the passenger window, using the seats as a ladder to climb up to the window. Once out, I looked at myself and I had a pretty large gash (honestly looked like I had a bad run in with a cheesegrater) in my side right above my waist line. I called my boss, the owner, and he told me that he would head out and take a look. My guy pulls up, laughing his fucking ass off, took him a minute to take a breath and ask me if I was OK, then he noticed the blood under my shirt and asked to see and I tried to decline and tell him it was fine. He wouldn't drop it and so I did, I don't know if he ever noticed the Lil Pawz I was wearing, but he did look at it for a while. Anyway, I was fine, he asked if I was good to drive, I said yes thinking he'd let me go home and sleep it off but he just took me back and had me drive the other truck for the day.

TLDR: I drove a wheat truck and rolled it while wearing. My boss looked directly at it and didn't say anything about it...also, to this day, 6 years later, the wheat that grows in that area is a different shape and color as the wheat that grows around it lol 15T is a lot
If the truck was a 9000 series Ford it would’ve had a seat belt as a DOT requirement since the mid ‘60s. It may not have been used much, and as such, not easily found, but from the factory it was there as it was required by the Department of Transportation. I started out my over the road career driving a ‘69 International cab over with a 6-71 Detroit Diesel and a 4x4 double stick Spicer. It had one of the old backbreaker Bostrom spring ride seats with a seatbelt which I got in the habit of wearing at all times. When you would come into a scale in those days an officer would often stand out next to the platform and unexpectedly open your door. If you weren’t wearing a seatbelt it was an automatic $50 fine. Locking your door only served to piss them off and virtually guaranteed a vehicle and logbook inspection. after a while I found myself putting my seatbelt on even when returning to my truck to back into a dock it became such a habit.

Zeke said:
If the truck was a 9000 series Ford it would’ve had a seat belt as a DOT requirement since the mid ‘60s. It may not have been used much, and as such, not easily found, but from the factory it was there as it was required by the Department of Transportation. I started out my over the road career driving a ‘69 International cab over with a 6-71 Detroit Diesel and a 4x4 double stick Spicer. It had one of the old backbreaker Bostrom spring ride seats with a seatbelt which I got in the habit of wearing at all times. When you would come into a scale in those days an officer would often stand out next to the platform and unexpectedly open your door. If you weren’t wearing a seatbelt it was an automatic $50 fine. Locking your door only served to piss them off and virtually guaranteed a vehicle and logbook inspection. after a while I found myself putting my seatbelt on even when returning to my truck to back into a dock it became such a habit.
Mightve been one of those situations where he cut it out because he didn't want it, all I know is that when I asked where it was, he said it didn't have one lol...he was the guy that had the belt buckled behind him in the car so he could drive without the seat belt alarm going off 🤦‍♂️

Buckling seatbelts behind the occupant used to be the way of getting around the seatbelt alarm, but with shoulder belts cops just look for the cross the chest indicator to decide if you’re legal or not. They also look for the bruising from the shoulder belt after an accident to verify that you were wearing it. It’s not much of a problem for me because like I said I got into such a habit of wearing my seatbelt as a professional driver that it easily transferring to my everyday life. Seldom does the alarm catch me unbelted. Over the years I’ve seen some atrocious, and life ending injuries to those that thought it was too restrictive, or too much of a hassle to wear their seatbelt and were launched from their vehicle in an accident.

Last edited:
Not an accident per se, but I did blow out a tire on a highway out near Pittsburgh once. I was coming back from the range in an already wet diaper, and by the time roadside showed up (I was in a rental) I think I had gotten to the point of leaking.

From the other side of things, I spent 10 years as an EMT and can confirm what @pampers4U said, none of us cared about the diapers as long as they were (relatively) dry. If they were soiled and the situation allowed it, we'd try and get the patient changed before transport, both for their comfort and ours. It's just an adaptive medical device, like glasses or hearing aids.

That said, in a bad enough accident we will definitely cut off all your clothes. You might get a question about why you need them (to assess your injuries) but that's about it. If you're hurt badly enough to have us cutting things off, being outed for diapers should be at the bottom of your list of priorities.

Reactions: 2012Stroke
Well not technically a car accident. It was an off-road vehicle in the woods. Just me in the driver.

The driver missed quit a drop, couldn't stop vehicle nose dived tossed us both out and fell on it's side.

I came to several inches from the vehicle, thankful it didn't crush me. Realized I was partially covered in blood and would need stitches. I looked at the driver who looked pretty unharmed.

And we got a ride to the emergency room. Well i did need stitches, staples and an IV drip. I also had to go the bathroom 10 times in 4 hours.

They asked if I was wearing protection before the accident and if I'd be able to make it to the toilet. I answered yes and yes.

And they didn't care to ask further because it wasn't related to why I was there.

Oh and for anyone wondering the driver was fine just some scraps and bruises and a really sore body the next morning

Last edited:
I was crossing a railroad track grade crossing once and there was a giant pot hole on the far side that I couldn't see. It ripped the hell out of the tire on my car. While waiting for the tow truck, a police officer showed up to park behind me with his lights going to make sure that nobody ran into me. I was diapered and very wet through the whole thing.

I have ALWAYS been in diapers 24/7. While never while I was driving (I haven't in YEARS, like over 20!) I have been in car wrecks as a passenger - one where I was injured bad enough to need to get to a hospital ASAP, but was still conscious. Hard to remember much about that moment, but definitely recall EMTs seeming a bit confused as to why I kept saying they would need my bag, and exactly where it was in the car before the crash. Because of where some of the injuries were, my pants had to come off, soon as that happened, and they found the bag and saw what was in it - pretty obvious why it was such a big deal!

Not in a car accident but have broken down before in a soggy pull-up that I’d been in for the day and had to get a lift in the breakdown van

Back