Halloween movies

Slithus is a fun movie. It starts out slow but there's a really funny and gross scene towards the end. The movie is worth watching just for the ending.

Reactions: Cashew
In October, THE EXORCIST is still a mega "shit your pants" scary movie.
Also, the Sci-Fi Horror film, PRIEST is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashew, mistykitty and Kirisin
I watched The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy last night on Disney what a funny movie but look who plays the main part how could it not be funny.

Always liked The Amityville Horror.

George C Scott stared in a horror movie called The Changeling

The Omen (Damien Omen)
Damien Omen II
Damien Omen III
I'm not sure if you can count ET but it was centered around Halloween

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashew and babybenji
I like the old ones like The day the earth stood still, invasion of the body snatchers, the blob, etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: Cashew and AttilaThePun
Jason X.
Because it’s so laughably ridiculous.

Reactions: dogboy and Cashew
egor said:
I like the old ones like The day the earth stood still, invasion of the body snatchers, the blob, etc. etc. etc.
I used to watch the original "The Blob" every chance I got!
Also used to love to watch "Attack Of The Mushroom People" any time of year.
"Them" is also a good oldie.
"The Killer Shrews" is fine B-movie (or less) entertainment, as is "The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant".
"Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" by Bob Clark (yes, he of "Porky's" and "A Christmas Story" fame) is creepy and campy.
My friends and I used to *love* to watch the original "The Hills Have Eyes".
"Motel Hell" with Rory Calhoun, Nancy Parsons, Wolfman Jack, and John Ratzenberger is worth viewing for enthusiasts of the creepy/campy genre as well.
I do like both the original "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" and the remake with Donald Sutherland.

caitianx said:
The director's cut of The Exorcist was even more disturbing than the theatrical release version! Some people wouldn't even think that's possible!

Reactions: Kirisin, Cashew and AndyPandy
caitianx said:
Who better to cope with a "shit your pants" scary movie than a bunch of people who wear diapers? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Kirisin and Cashew
AttilaThePun said:
I used to watch the original "The Blob" every chance I got!
Also used to love to watch "Attack Of The Mushroom People" any time of year.
"Them" is also a good oldie.
"The Killer Shrews" is fine B-movie (or less) entertainment, as is "The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant".
"Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" by Bob Clark (yes, he of "Porky's" and "A Christmas Story" fame) is creepy and campy.
My friends and I used to *love* to watch the original "The Hills Have Eyes".
"Motel Hell" with Rory Calhoun, Nancy Parsons, Wolfman Jack, and John Ratzenberger is worth viewing for enthusiasts of the creepy/campy genre as well.
I do like both the original "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" and the remake with Donald Sutherland.
While were considering slightly older ones what about the 2 Jeepers Creepers movies? Those are pretty decent.

Reactions: Kirisin and Cashew
I liked the second Jeepers Creepers moving over the first, because of the endings.

I'm watching a movie that SyFy showed (I DVR'd it) called "They/Them". I've only seen the first half hour but it's genuinely disturbing.

Not a scary movie, but Halloween is the traditional date for midnight showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Let's do the Time Warp again! :geek:

Reactions: Kirisin, AttilaThePun, Cashew and 2 others
Well it’s not really a movie per se but my favorite would have to be “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”. It came out in the mid sixties, when I was in around fifth grade, and I got a kick out of Linus waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin while Snoopy was fantasizing himself as the WW l fly ace flying his doghouse, Charlie Brown was getting tricked into trying to kick the football as Lucy snatched it away while she was supposed to be holding it, and everyone else was trick or treating. I always admired Linus for sticking to his beliefs in The Great Pumpkin in spite of all the teasing and ridicule it brought upon him.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Cashew, Kirisin and 1 other person
Zeke said:
Well it’s not really a movie per se but my favorite would have to be “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”. It came out in the mid sixties, when I was in around fifth grade, and I got a kick out of Linus waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin while Snoopy was fantasizing himself as the WW l fly ace flying his doghouse, Charlie Brown was getting tricked into trying to kick the football as Lucy snatched it away while she was supposed to be holding it, and everyone else was trick or treating. I always admired Linus for sticking to his beliefs in The Great Pumpkin in spite of all the teasing and ridicule it brought upon him.
And Charlie's ghost costume, with multiple failed eyeholes, made him look more like a pale potato. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: Cashew, Kirisin, dogboy and 1 other person
Nightmare on Elm Street

Reactions: Cashew, AttilaThePun and Kirisin
AttilaThePun said:
And Charlie's ghost costume, with multiple failed eyeholes, made him look more like a pale potato. 🙂
All I can say is “Good grief!”.

The Wicker Man - the original 1970s film and not the awful remake with Nicholas Cage.

I watched "Dolls" not long ago and I enjoyed it. The characters had a bloody good time...haha.

Reactions: Cashew and Kirisin
Reactions: Zeke and Cashew
Back