Had a bit of a delivery error just now... any advice?

Rusher said:
Why does Amazon insist on sending Adult daipers in the retail box or a clear bag? There is no option to have it sent in a cardboard box? Only gift wrapping? I’ll never order daipers through Amazon due to this.
It depends on a variety of factors, they are trying to be 'greener' and reduce the amount of packaging they use. Sadly none of the assessment factors they use are 'would I be happy to receive this item unwrapped /walk down the street with it in my hands'

• Sad
Reactions: AttilaThePun and TigerDL
ABUMichaelUK said:
It depends on a variety of factors, they are trying to be 'greener' and reduce the amount of packaging they use. Sadly none of the assessment factors they use are 'would I be happy to receive this item unwrapped /walk down the street with it in my hands'
Or they are just trying to cut costs? It’s much cheaper to place them in a plastic clear bag or the box unopened and slap the label on it. Plastic pants and other daiper covers get sent out in a clear bag as well.

This is why I won’t buy those items through Amazon again.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Rusher said:
Or they are just trying to cut costs? It’s much cheaper to place them in a plastic clear bag or the box unopened and slap the label on it. Plastic pants and other daiper covers get sent out in a clear bag as well.

This is why I won’t buy those items through Amazon again.
They're trying to please people who complained loudly that overpackaging is not environmentally friendly - but either the people who struck up *that* complaint about boxes within boxes either don't buy anything deeply personal, do but don't care, or are massive hypocrites. Just my 2 cents.

It’s going to bite them in the arse! Once they realize they are losing money they’ll go back to the way it was. Like Amazon’s convince hate some stuff they do.

Oddly enough, I used to receive Prevail Belted Shields from Amazon by the case - a box within a box. So far, my diapers have all come as a manufacturer's bag inside the black and white Amazon plastic bag, or a manufacturer's bag inside an Amazon box. Even if not, I don't care what the delivery people think, and most of our neighbors are my age (63) or older. I'm probably not the only person who needs diapers hereabouts. 🫤

OriginalWetone said:
Glad to read you're not an OB/GYNo_O
Yup always like the notion of oops! What you mean oops? I know what I mean when I say oops 😬

Rusher said:
Why does Amazon insist on sending Adult daipers in the retail box or a clear bag? There is no option to have it sent in a cardboard box? Only gift wrapping? I’ll never order daipers through Amazon due to this.
There is an option to not have it openly shipped. In the check out options unless you either use the buy now or subscribe? At least it was

Not always and they are doing away with that option more and more

VeeDL said:
Hi, I know this is so sudden after I joined, and suddenly I remembered hearing about this forum, and well... I need a bit of help in this situation!

So I ordered a 10-pack of PeekABU Medium from Amazon the other day. I was quite excited for it... until I opened the package and realized that not only is it the wrong design (Little King, which I would be okay with normally), but it's the wrong size: it was X-Large! So now I'm wondering what to do in this situation...

I could attempt to wear it, I have worn Rearz Large before but I found that medium fits somewhat better. But that would require me opening the pack itself and would probably be unable to return it, and it is a 10-pack and not a sample.

The other option is to return it, which I did pick UPS Dropoff, but I will admit that I'm nervous about it. Amazon did say to put the item in a box and put a label on it, but I'm worried that UPS would either scan it and know what's in it, or worse, open it. For the record, I don't mind IF they know what it is in a private room, like I'm not there to see them face to face, but I would not want them to know about it while I'm there.

I'm personally leaning towards returning it, since it is a 10-pack, and if I wanted to experiment with larger diapers, I'd order a sample pack. But again, I'm nervous about them finding out what's in it. Of course, I could just be overly paranoid about it.
I mean, this is a bit out of date, BUT, I had a big conversation with Amazon last night because they didn't deliver my diapers and the various sales reps were clearly so sensitive to it they just referred to it as the "item" in the chat and gave me a $5 coupon. I figure they will never know me or see me, and I do have some incontinence issues so oh well. I need my diapers.

janedoediaper said:
I mean, this is a bit out of date, BUT, I had a big conversation with Amazon last night because they didn't deliver my diapers and the various sales reps were clearly so sensitive to it they just referred to it as the "item" in the chat and gave me a $5 coupon. I figure they will never know me or see me, and I do have some incontinence issues so oh well. I need my diapers.
You can avoid it don’t buy diapers from Amazon. They mark them up way too much. Plus shipping issues. If at all possible deal with the company directly cheaper just as fast in most cases. Less hassles

Rusher said:
You can avoid it don’t buy diapers from Amazon. They mark them up way too much. Plus shipping issues. If at all possible deal with the company directly cheaper just as fast in most cases. Less hassles

Thanks for this! Yes, rookie mistake. I'm going to go through medical suppliers from now on. This is my first full day in a diaper and I love it. I don't know why I held back so long. I'm slightly incontinent and a DL and I've just been wetting for hours now. So excited to sleep in it.

Rusher said:
Not always and they are doing away with that option more and more
If there's no "ship in Amazon packaging" option, I select "this item is a gift" so that it ships covered up by a box or bag. If I recall correctly, it only costs extra if you want it gift-wrapped.

Last edited:
Honestly, with the 'other' strange stuff that amazon ships, I am sure that a pack of diapers (if they risk their jobs opening up the box, anyway) is literally the least strange things they ship. Basically, the people at amazon (as an ex-amazon employee, I can say) only care about getting through their day and going the heck home. They don't care what they ship; as long as they get their paycheck at the end of the pay-period. Thats all they care about.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, TigerDL and janedoediaper
My last batch of Tena Proskin came in a van in the original cardboard box and anyone seeing it who knows anything about sanitary products will know we have Nappies/santary products delivered !
I gave up trying to hide things long ago although I will always be ultra discrete regardless of such things putting a spanner in the works.

Last edited:
Tbh your returning it.

Which even if someone opened it or knew what was in it, your actually saying i don't wear diapers as your sending them back.
What an odd thing for amazon to send ... type of view.

X

• Thinking
Reactions: AttilaThePun and TigerDL
VeeDL said:
Yeah, I ordered it off of Amazon, specifically through Amazon Prime. I hit the return option, and went with the UPS drop-off. I just received the return label, all I need to do is attach it to the package that the diapers came in. I'm only just nervous about the folks and UPS asking about it. Amazon also stated that once they receive the product, they will refund me for Amazon's wallet, which I do intend on using to HOPEFULLY getting the right pack next time.
The folks are UPS could care less. Box it Tape it and drop it off.. DONE end of story... move on with life

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun and ILuvDiapers
VeeDL said:
Hi, I know this is so sudden after I joined, and suddenly I remembered hearing about this forum, and well... I need a bit of help in this situation!

So I ordered a 10-pack of PeekABU Medium from Amazon the other day. I was quite excited for it... until I opened the package and realized that not only is it the wrong design (Little King, which I would be okay with normally), but it's the wrong size: it was X-Large! So now I'm wondering what to do in this situation...

I could attempt to wear it, I have worn Rearz Large before but I found that medium fits somewhat better. But that would require me opening the pack itself and would probably be unable to return it, and it is a 10-pack and not a sample.

The other option is to return it, which I did pick UPS Dropoff, but I will admit that I'm nervous about it. Amazon did say to put the item in a box and put a label on it, but I'm worried that UPS would either scan it and know what's in it, or worse, open it. For the record, I don't mind IF they know what it is in a private room, like I'm not there to see them face to face, but I would not want them to know about it while I'm there.

I'm personally leaning towards returning it, since it is a 10-pack, and if I wanted to experiment with larger diapers, I'd order a sample pack. But again, I'm nervous about them finding out what's in it. Of course, I could just be overly paranoid about it.
I know this post is old, but when stuff like this happens just return it. Nobody going to care about what’s in the package

Rusher said:
Go back to the head of the thread if a response isn't quoted. "Trouble with a delivery" is a birthing term and a few got it.

Back