Gut pain from holding it

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have both urinary and fecal urge incontinence. The other day on my way to the bathroom, I could not get to the toilet in time before getting my pants and diaper down. This has caused a lot of abdominal pain which I have experienced in the past from holding it. Does anybody else have this issue the pain in my guts usually last about a week.

Can’t get in to see the doctor for a week.

@cantwait, sorry to hear you are having problems. It might be a good idea to create a food diary prior to your appointment. If you remember what you ate prior to the pain onset, write it down. Include what you ate, drank, time, how you felt at different times of the day, and of course, successes and accidents of both bladder and bowel.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: cantwait
I’m have moderate to severe abdominal pain due to chronic IBS. I have fecal IC without pain and with pain. In the latter episodes, the pain usually comes first, then the IC follows quickly behind. A particular bad IBS episode with pain can leave me with low level pain for months. Diet, particularly extra fiber, has helped a lot with the pain, but not really with the IC.

I have never really experienced pain from the act of trying to hold it. I do get relief from the pain from a BM though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cantwait
Back