Guilty Pleasure movies?

TD712

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Are there any movies you think are guilty pleasures that everyone hates?

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I don't have any guilty movies. But I love horror movies and all the crazy stuff they make feel/think. I'm really curious? What guilty pleasures are you feeling?

Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
I. A Very Minty Christmas
II. My Little Pony Twinkle Wish Adventure

Well good movies may not be exactly "guilty pleasures" but I tend to watch some over and over especially after a hard day.
All the star trek movies,
All the Jurassic park movies,
Chicken Run,
Muppet Treasure Island,
The Fifth Element,
Any and all Submarine movies,
Time Bandits,
The Mad Maxes,
Oceans 11, 12, & 13,
And most of all like every few weeks lately...
The Martian!
I have no TV antenna, cable or online service so I put in a DVD every night at dinnertime and watch a movie.

guilty pleasure... 🤔 I do enjoy a horror comedy
example tucker & dale vs evil. gory ish but also not what it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955, BobbiSueEllen and Littlesweettooth
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: It's kinda shit and is a film that Jim Carrey for once doesn't save
...but I've watched it on average 3 times a year since it's release!!!!!!!!!
Promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the 90s Gilbert Godfrey had a late night show where he showed b-rated movies and I’d stay up and watch them some were decent and some were very stupid but I loved watching them

• Love
AJFan2020 said:
A Very Minty Christmas
Oh man, I can't count how many Here-Comes-Christmas Candy Canes I've watched Minty break.

Uh... With my kids, of course, heh. *blush*

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
Cosmos: War of the Planets and Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet. Both are old B-movies.

My movies: '60s epics, Film Noirs and anything Mystery Science Theater 3000, either the Joel or Mike eras; I really tried to get into the Netflix/Jonah era but just couldn't...yet Kinga, TV's Son of TV's Frank and The Boneheads were okay. :unsure:

EDIT: oh, I forgot...Svengoolie and MeTV's Super SciFi Saturdays. MeTV used to have Sunday Night Noir...but no more. :cry:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: boostergold and Littlesweettooth
Honestly, the first Dispicable Me, mainly because every movie Illumination has made since seems to have only gotten more mediocre with few exceptions. The first one holds a special place in my heart though and I think was actually pretty good.

I wouldn’t call it a guilty pleasure at all, but The Neverending Story is definitely my go-to when I regress. I’m watching it at the moment and it is still an amazing movie. For myself as a kid it was captivating, and I still enjoy watching it as an “adult”.
Great story, awesome directing (IMO), soundtrack is catchy af if you like synth, and I think it dates pretty well.
Can’t wait to share it with my kids, as well as many others from the same era (ie: The Last Unicorn, The Hobbit, Flight of the Navigator). Swamps of sadness can really help prepare you, you know?

Reactions: Sapphyre and BobbiSueEllen
TD712 said:
Are there any movies you think are guilty pleasures that everyone hates?
I wouldn't call some of the movies or TV series I watch or rewatch as things people might hate but more a lot of "cult following" movies like Better off Dead or Gross Point Blank and shows like Farscape or Lexx

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Littlesweettooth
mechanicX said:
guilty pleasure... 🤔 I do enjoy a horror comedy
example tucker & dale vs evil. gory ish but also not what it seems.
Every Halloween...
“Oh no!! They cut off his bowling fingers!”

Last edited:
Phantasm

I actually first saw it when I was young enough to find it scary. ^^; It's nostalgic for me now, and I love the film's atmosphere.

Reactions: Littlesweettooth
BobbiSueEllen said:
My movies: '60s epics, Film Noirs and anything Mystery Science Theater 3000, either the Joel or Mike eras; I really tried to get into the Netflix/Jonah era but just couldn't...yet Kinga, TV's Son of TV's Frank and The Boneheads were okay. :unsure:

EDIT: oh, I forgot...Svengoolie and MeTV's Super SciFi Saturdays. MeTV used to have Sunday Night Noir...but no more. :cry:
I watch a lot of mst3k. I usually put it on right before I go to sleep for some background noise and I also watch metv a lot.

• Love
Sister Act 2

Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
Back