Status
Not open for further replies.

pottychu

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So in the past year I've finally gotten sober and I dont know what happened but this part of me just left?

I got out of rehab and put on a diaper and it was nice and fun but the craving for it is gone. I find it hard to enter little space sober and I haven't even checked my clothes that I do have since I've entered sobriety. I'm not sure what to do lol? Part of me feels good because of the amount of guilt, shame, and self hatred I had while wearing diapers and just age regressing but the other part of me feels weird.

Part of me feels like I should want this or maybe I miss it. I really don't think about it too often though. I'm finally moving back into my old place where my things are and I'm preparing for a move later on and I'm just not sure what I should do and if I should hold on to my things until later and see or if I should let go and experience the fluidity of this area of my life. I tend to sit in the past a lot and I'm not sure if I'm romanticizing a person I used to be or if maybe I'm pushing something away deep down. It doesn't feel like it but I can't be too sure.

I'm curious on what you guys have to say and your abdl journey, coming in and out of phases with this and just anything surrounding the topic. I'm part of the younger crowd for sure (not a minor but still on the younger side) and I'm not sure if this is just a part of growing up. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say on the topic and hear your experiences. I just feel a bit lost, and I've never used this site before and maybe some people here can help out.

Reactions: Deleted member 59082, oldskool, Edgewater and 5 others
Sounds like you’re in a stage of evolution. The main thing is being sober. Congratulations on that. Roll with the ABDL ebb and flow and know that if it comes back it’s not harmful (with conditions) like substances.

Reactions: AComputerGuy, BobbiSueEllen, Cottontail and 5 others
I feel like I am kind of the opposite. Drinking pulls me away from little-space and when I am sober is the only time I can truely feel comforted by being padded. Of course, being padded is a good idea when I drink too much as genuine accidents are much more likely when I have a few too many. I would say I am still a DL when I drink, but the AB goes away very quickly.

I wish you luck with your struggles, and hope you will not use anything abdl related to justify giving up sobriety. You might find that it does come back eventually, or you may find something else that is much more fulfilling.

Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater, Prillprillprill and 1 other person
First off CONGRATULATIONS on sobriety. The fact you went sober is very important to a healthy life. I wish you many happy years of sobriety.
It sounds like you maybe struggling with some issues from the past while using or drinking and being/enjoying ABDL. Find a therapist that can help you deal with your thoughts or mind. Since it sounds like sobriety is a new thing to you right now, you may find it confusing or hard to deal with your emotions. Being ABDL isn't a bad thing if it doesn't affect the rest of your life. If ABDL is causing you problems and you are not able to come to terms with it, then you may need to leave it alone for a while or forever. Just like the binge and purge cycles, you may be in an OFF time right now. If you are, Pack you items away and wait. If the urge comes back to wear diapers and ABDL clothes, you will have what you need. Most importantly, have a good life and be happy.

Reactions: oldskool, Cottontail, Edgewater and 7 others
Congrats on being sober ^_^. I say don’t worry about Abdl. You’re in a period of recovery and discovery again. Just focus on healing yourself first and your abdl will either come back or it won’t. Just enjoy life, rebuild, and let everything fall into place as it will.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I've gone through phases with my DL and ABDL part of me. I've gone years without having urges. Couldn't tell you why.

Reactions: Edgewater
Perhaps putting your ABDL things in storage and then with some time seeing how you still feel about items. If you keep paying the fee for their storage you know that they’re worth at least that much to you. This would save you from having to purchase them again if you find them still part of your life. I’m just a DL, or more accurately a PPL (plastic pants lover) and I’ve also become dual ic in recent years which dictates my wearing containment garments of some type. Because of this I don’t go through the binge/purge cycle that I once did with plastic pants in the years before I became incontinent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater, pottychu and 1 other person
Some people eventually have no need for ABDL after several years take Michael Bent for example he was a 24/7 ABDL Sissy for several years and he suddenly regained his continence and no longer had any urges. I myself like many people experience ebb and flow in my urge to wear and act like a baby. Can’t speak for the sobriety being a reason since I’ve been sober since 2009.

Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater and pottychu
Good for you ! but sad you lost your inner child . I drank some years ago all that did was cause me to tinkle wayyyy more . I’m IC from damaged bladder alcohol is not good for IC littles . But I never ever stopped being a toddler lifestyle forever . Hopefully it will grow on you again but alcohol puts anyone in a strange state of mind . Everyone is different 🤷🏻

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
Remaining sober is a day to day process that requires an immense effort, commitment and personal honesty. Please don't worry about ABDL things and make your life even harder. If it comes it comes, but not at the expense of falling off the wagon.

Reactions: Cottontail, Zeke, Edgewater and 2 others
You are not the person you were then. None of us are. We evolve with time. Congratulations on kicking the habit. Start enjoying life straight with no chaser.

Congratulations on getting sober! I also recently became sober and I can understand your little side changing because of that. When I drank i would often spontaneously regress, easily become little. I really enjoyed how when I was drunk and inhibited I so easily became in this mindset. Now that I’m sober it’s different. I don’t instantly feel little at the drop of a hat but being little now is more meaningful and peaceful anc genuine. I connect to it on a more real level because I’m being my real self. This side of us can come and go and perhaps for you it’s going now. It might come back and it might not

• Love
AutumnRain said:
Congrats on being sober ^_^. I say don’t worry about Abdl. You’re in a period of recovery and discovery again. Just focus on healing yourself first and your abdl will either come back or it won’t. Just enjoy life, rebuild, and let everything fall into place as it will.
aah!! I want to reply to everyone but there are so many responses. I really resonate with this one though because it's so simple and I think the way I'm gonna view this process. :) I'm gonna just keep working on myself and if it comes back then i'll embrace it again. Who knows, maybe i'll be an active community member here one day in the future lol.

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail, SalemRose, Zeke and 1 other person
michael1538 said:
First off CONGRATULATIONS on sobriety. The fact you went sober is very important to a healthy life. I wish you many happy years of sobriety.
It sounds like you maybe struggling with some issues from the past while using or drinking and being/enjoying ABDL. Find a therapist that can help you deal with your thoughts or mind. Since it sounds like sobriety is a new thing to you right now, you may find it confusing or hard to deal with your emotions. Being ABDL isn't a bad thing if it doesn't affect the rest of your life. If ABDL is causing you problems and you are not able to come to terms with it, then you may need to leave it alone for a while or forever. Just like the binge and purge cycles, you may be in an OFF time right now. If you are, Pack you items away and wait. If the urge comes back to wear diapers and ABDL clothes, you will have what you need. Most importantly, have a good life and be happy.
Thank you so so much, I didn't even think about talking to my therapist about this. It'll be difficult for sure, it's kind of scary to mention to them and I'm not even sure how to tackle the topic but that sounds like a very good idea. But I think the idea of just letting it be for a while is probably a good idea as I continue through this process. Thank you so much again, I really appreciate the response :)

Reactions: Cottontail, Zeke, Edgewater and 1 other person
Congrats on sobriety! It's not easy. I was off and on with a variety of substances over the years. I finally kicked the last one recently.

While not as damaging as most substances, I was a long time pothead. Extremely heavy consumption. I quite the harder stuff over 5 years ago, but convinced myself I was a functional stoner. Finally stopped lying to myself and I have over 100 days without it. Since giving up cannabis, my abdl desires have plummeted. I did indulge last week for a couple days, but it's not the same. I have no intention to purge, dips are too expensive for that.

Just wanted to comment because I have experienced a similar waning of interest. I don't think it's gone, though. Just occupying a smaller part of my mind as I focus on catching up on, well, everything else.

Congratulations, thou'st reached a new level of self-confidence and intelligence where thy brain has become more logical and doesn't find the same interest in thine old usual behavior anymore.

It's okay, try to understand why thou'rt feeling that way, don't force any habit, and if thou detachest from diapers, let that happen naturally, when thou hast forgotten them in thy daily life.

Eventually, if they're still there, but thou regressest not, then... welcome to the wonderful world of shapeshifting DL! 🤭

Last edited:
Congratulations on completing treatment and being sober! Remember recovery is a marathon and not a sprint. Keep working your treatment and you will continue to grow into your authentic self.

Now, what's you're describing is actually a pretty common phenomenon. Often when clients first leave treatment they lose interest in a number of old hobbies and activities. The reason being the reward center of the brain still hasn't adjusted to the new norm of being substance free. Often, we associate certain activities with using and our brain releases dopamine as a conditioned response. However, using can desensitize parts of our brain to dopamine which means it's very difficult for certain activities to become rewarding or powerful again.

What I would recommend is putting a pause on diapers short-term. Give your brain time to heal. Pick up new interests and hobbies. Give yourself a wide variety of positive distractions. Find that positive social, emotional, and recovery support. With time your brain will become reacclimated to the new reference of being substance free. At that point you may find diapers give you that same feeling again.

For now, just know that you are not broken or defective. You're just in the process of healing. It takes a little bit of time but our brain is a beautiful thing. We put our bodies through legitimate trauma when using. Takes a little bit of time but we have an absolutely beautiful adaptive capacity to grow around that scar tissue.

I am a substance abuse therapist and a recovering addict myself. Definitely understand the struggle in both regards. It is a beautiful life once you realize there is a possibility of a possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail, chiaochai and Edgewater
i cant relate to alcohol sobriety, but i do suffer from binge eating disorder and im in active recovery mode. Its defintly made my inner child different. i still like little things but i rarely wear my onesies anymore, diapers are mainly for leaks now, and pacifiers? forget about it. I still kept them in the event i want to again, but its unlikely. but hey we never know what our future holds. congrats on being sober .

Great that you have arrived at this point in your journey. There is likely much you need to reconsider in your life, just to keep from bending to the 'hard want' to start again. As you know, you are now on a lifelong journey that will require full effort everyday.

I'am U-IC and for me, I am okay with diapers as they allow me to be out and about, thus being able to life my life to the fullest. I have no personal insight from the ABDL side, but you are getting great insight from other who are.

Reactions: Cottontail
pottychu said:
aah!! I want to reply to everyone but there are so many responses. I really resonate with this one though because it's so simple and I think the way I'm gonna view this process. :) I'm gonna just keep working on myself and if it comes back then i'll embrace it again. Who knows, maybe i'll be an active community member here one day in the future lol.
❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: Deleted member 59082 and Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back