Gorilla tape, mighty ape hands to hold your diaper tapes

theancientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
No. Not so good. I picked up the roll from Home Depot thinking of how well this could work, and have concluded after finishing the roll today, that honestly, I'd rather go with duct tape. There's nothing amazing about how many times I had to retape after retape just to make it hold. Duct tape would've worked just fine. Just stick with old faithful duct tape people.🦆🦆🦆

Reactions: Kirisin, Edgewater, CLPP and 1 other person
I was wondering about that brand (relatively new, over here); your experience reminds me of mine when J.B. Weld first came over here....how I cursed Yank hype 🤭

Reactions: Edgewater and theancientmariner
I have use just plan packing tape before. ;)

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Rita said:
I think I have too. It's been a while though.

Reactions: Edgewater
Antientmariner said:
No. Not so good. I picked up the roll from Home Depot thinking of how well this could work, and have concluded after finishing the roll today, that honestly, I'd rather go with duct tape. There's nothing amazing about how many times I had to retape after retape just to make it hold. Duct tape would've worked just fine. Just stick with old faithful duct tape people.🦆🦆🦆
Walmart has those kool fancy duck tape in craft section. When tape didn't stick I would use some of that. Mario Brothers duck take always looked kool on a diaper and it sticks..

Reactions: theancientmariner and Edgewater
Kirisin said:
Walmart has those kool fancy duck tape in craft section. When tape didn't stick I would use some of that. Mario Brothers duck take always looked kool on a diaper and it sticks..
If only they made Duck Hunt duct tape

• Love
Reactions: blaincorrous and Kirisin
Rita said:
I agree, packaging tape works really well.

Reactions: Kirisin and theancientmariner
Kirisin said:
fancy duck
My brain's still in bed and still it puns 😖

• Haha
Reactions: Kirisin and theancientmariner
ade said:
I was wondering about that brand (relatively new, over here); your experience reminds me of mine when J.B. Weld first came over here....how I cursed Yank hype 🤭
J B Weld will fix anything. That's some amazing stuff. The also make this other glue it is the strongest bonding super glue I've ever seen. I wear dentures and the lower's broke. I tried everything and then I found this JB Weld super glue amazing stuff nothing else worked. We have a saying in the trucking industry. Should always have J B Weld Duck Tape zip ties and Bailing wire you have that you can fix anything.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Kirisin said:
J B Weld will fix anything. That's some amazing stuff.
That's almost what the promotional stuff said! 🤣
I tried it back in the 90s....how much it's changed??? Dunno.
We had our own British stuff, but it was costlier at the time (I'm out of touch, now), but was much better performing.
I also stand by ye olde reinforced packing tape for it's amazing stick-fastedness; I've yet to find anything on a par.
Another old goody was the textile repair tape (as used in the mills); I got a load from a local flea-market, back the 90s (again), and used it for sealing the inner liners of disposables (back when their absorbancy wasn't worth a toss and you'd bumf them up with extra padding to increase their absorbancy....and to try to get that thick baby-diaper-look that you'd seen on the telly 😁). That tape would outlast the rest of the diaper (and that's amazing considering what it'd endure)!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin
Back