Goodnites XL, I’d rather have taller leak guards than double.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Exactly what that title said. The double leak guards on the goodnites or and pull-up, I feel like don’t really help when you wet. I feel like a single talker leak guard would be way more useful.

I always find pee in between rather than staying in the pull up.

Reactions: TigerDL, Serendiapity and Cottontail
I have had no problems with leaking in the goodnites XL unless trying to use them for long periods of time

Reactions: grst, skunk053 and CodyBaby
You are 100% correct.

In fact the leg guards on Pampers and Huggies are almost taller than the leg guards on Goodnites XL

Given the nature and weight/age for Goodnites XL the leg guards should be taller, they leak for me because there is a small gap where they aren't tall enough. They (Goodnites) need to do everything possible to ensure there is a proper connection/seal with the body/legs.

My ABDL side has quieted down a bit lately, but if Goodnites had taller leg guards I'd probably always wear them.

and slightly taller waistband? heeh?? HEEH!? (wishfull thinking)

Reactions: BabyLink9
I remember the first time Goodnites had an XL size back in like 2000, they leak guards were pretty tall. I remember how it felt and looked when they were wet and the diaper itself sort of sagged and hung low but the leakguards still clung to my body. Seemed like an inch and a half at least.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
I want to try Goodnites. Will the XL fit some one who is 6 ft, 175 lbs with a 31 inch waist? The description says up to 140 lbs so I'm not sure. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Kelvin451 said:
I want to try Goodnites. Will the XL fit some one who is 6 ft, 175 lbs with a 31 inch waist? The description says up to 140 lbs so I'm not sure. Anyone have any thoughts about this?
Yes they should fit you just fine.

Kelvin451 said:
Yeah, the 31 inch waist is what makes the difference here. The weight doesn't really matter, its the waist/hip size that will allow you to fit into goodnites. Enjoy them!

Reactions: skunk053
Jbdl said:
and slightly taller waistband? heeh?? HEEH!? (wishfull thinking)
Yeah, the rise could definitely be at least an inch higher, if not an inch and a half. After all, these are designed for teenagers to young adults.

Borz said:
Does anyone feel that they might cancel the xl sizes? Every time I’m at a store they are full. It seems like the boys ones are harder to get. I’m not sure why I’m so comfortable in Goodnites.
I find that on the shelves, there's usually three at most, and one at worst. More of the time it's been two I see there on the shelf. I think these are going to stick around for a while, because I sure bet they've seen better sales since word has spread that these are pretty nice. Not the best, of course, but Kimberly-Clark is always improving their Goodnites designs, and usually for the better.

Even someone with as small of a bladder as myself, I still managed to leak through both Goodnites and Pull-Ups, where as Luvs, Pampers and Huggies regular diapers seemed to hold up much better. It didn't take my mom's very long to replace pull-ups with diapers again.

kjluvs said:
Yeah, the 31 inch waist is what makes the difference here. The weight doesn't really matter, its the waist/hip size that will allow you to fit into goodnites. Enjoy them!
Thanks kjluvs!

tdlrfootedpjs said:
Yes they should fit you just fine.
Thanks tdlrfootedpjs!

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs
Back