Goodnites White Rectangle Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettour

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
What is the little white square in the middle bottom of Goodnites pull-ups for?

I noticed that they are in depend pull ups and Abu preschools too. I think they’re for added absorbency?

It's probably a liquid distribution layer, like the blue ones seen in some diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL
I've always wondered. You're talking about the one on the outside near the underside, right?

Reactions: jettour
KrankyPants said:
I've always wondered. You're talking about the one on the outside near the underside, right?
Yes that one!

Reactions: KrankyPants
ronnieM said:
It's probably a liquid distribution layer, like the blue ones seen in some diapers.
No, it’s on the outside. It’s just a little rectangle in the middle of the pattern on the diaper. Just curious! Sorry, didn’t explain it well in the original post. Tried to post a pic of it but it said the file was too big. :/

If you are mobile, @jettour, there is this great app called LitPhoto that resizes images simply and easily so you can upload them to ADISC.

Available in the Google Play store free but I like it so much I got the license. I don't know if it's available on Apple devices. 🤔

I noticed that Underjams had a yellow stripe on the leg gathers in the crotch area whereas GoodNites have that white rectangle. I can only assume it is to guide the machines, visually. However, some prints don't have the rectangle. All of these do not....View attachment 60424
This one camo one sort of has it. I wish I had a better specimen but these are all the designs I have from when I was younger.View attachment 60425

jettour said:
No, it’s on the outside. It’s just a little rectangle in the middle of the pattern on the diaper. Just curious! Sorry, didn’t explain it well in the original post. Tried to post a pic of it but it said the file was too big. :/
I misread your question. I know what you’re talking about now, but unfortunately I don’t know its purpose.

It's likely used in the manufacturing process to ensure things are lined up right. Like the black boxes on the back of concert tickets etc - the machine looks for that change and then knows where it is.

Reactions: TigerDL
looking at my goodnites (girls XL 2021) and I don't see any box I'm not sure what you mean.

It’s for machine alignment. There is a sensor on the machine that as the pant runs thru verifies that it can “see” the box.

it’s to make sure the pant stays fairly centered while being produced.

Reactions: TigerDL, jettour and Dutchone
tdlrfootedpjs said:
It’s for machine alignment. There is a sensor on the machine that as the pant runs thru verifies that it can “see” the box.

Was also my first thought, a kind of benchmark of the production line / packing machine.

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs
tdlrfootedpjs said:

Thank you! Was curious :)

I thought that was the wetness indicator that fades when wet.

• Wow
Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs and KrankyPants
PawPatrolzz6634 said:
I thought that was the wetness indicator that fades when wet.
When I was growing up I'd actually look at it sometimes to see if it was wet. Sometimes the designs were in the way and it would look and felt dry on the inside but not in that rectangle.

tdlrfootedpjs said:

And I believe it is UV ink, so it's visible under a blacklight if you have one. Haven't tried it myself yet though, maybe I should sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back