Going up a size was the best decision I made

dl4love

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello,

I have worn small diapers for so long because I trusted the instructions given on adult diapers packs : I'm slim (29" waist now) and according to most brands I should wear small size, I'm either in the lower limit or out of range of most medium diapers so I didn't try them... :sleep:

My first pack of diapers was in S size and after trying them on, I thought they fitted good on me, so I continued to wear S size for many years... And guess what : I was wrong !

A few weeks ago I came across several adisc topics and many people have mentioned that diapers should go just below the belly button and that they are not supposed to fit like underwear : high rise diaper is normal :unsure:

It was an unexpected revelation ! I found this illustration on how a good fit should be very informative:

propersize.png

With small diapers the tape on me were too tight, also the diaper felt a bit tight and I though it was normal... Until I go size up : I switched from small to medium and it's really the best decision I made :D

Now the tapes placement is between "good fit" and "too big" (I think my real fit is S/M but it's hard to find), anyway medium fit me so much better than small : I feel like I'm wearing a diaper and the absorbency is so much higher ! It's not as snug around the legs as S size but I haven't experimented early leaks yet...

In conclusion: if like me you are between two sizes, go size up and remember that diapers should not fit like underwear

Reactions: Jorelaxed, tas84, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
All good info.
Which disposable did you choose?

Medium for me is just a touch small but L is a bit too big but L fits me better than M
Sometimes you just have to adjust to certain brands sizes.
Tapes on L sit like your diagram for me
M was the too small diagram for me
M "fit" but L is better

Reactions: dl4love
Yes i find that within reason bigger is better.

Even if the tapes to touch in the middle i'd say it fine, its when they overlap each other that it is an issue. Short of that i;d say get the largest size you can.

The larger size usually has more padding and capacity, and you can usually adjust the tapes to fit just fine arount the legs as needed to keep things snug and not leaking.

Outside of getting the bigger size, I find that putting a pair of cotton underwear over the diaper (tighty whities) and a diaper cover keeps things in plave and works better. And a snug onesie(snap crotch) or footies/footless Pj's with snug crotch area like the LKS sleepers are also great to get the best out of the diapers.

Myself, I always use the underwear and cover over the diaper. and i wear LKS sleeper in bed most the time or other footies and whe i used to walk id wear a onesie to keep things in place, in a wheelchair its not much an isues anymore.

Reactions: dl4love and Seasonedcitizen
Forced said:
All good info.
Which disposable did you choose?
For the moment I have only tried to go size up with Tena slip maxi, I still have small diapers in stock to use :p

Back