Given the opportunity would you drift towards 24/7

I would not, but I would probably be in diapers all the time at home. Being a student, I find it difficult to separate the serious from the fun, because much of what I do happens outside of structured settings. Lecture is only 3 hours a week per class, so everything else happens at home, on my own. I try to mix diapers and studying, but it doesn't really work. This summer I had a good balance; I would go to work at my internship, and then I'd get padded at home after dinner.

DLWee said:
I have to keep it hidden from my family (my wife knows, but doesn't approve).
Sad to hear that :( Always hard to find the time to wear when you live whit someone that dont approve that you like to wear diaper`s.

Reactions: BBBen and DLWee
Richard101 said:
I was thinking about this earlier. If there were no financial restrictions or social restrictions, would I slide towards 24/7?
The answer is probably yes. I have no plan to go 24/7 but I think I am so addicted to diapers that I would end up wearing 24/7 - I just wouldn't be able to resist it . I am not sure at the moment that I would wet 24/7 but again I guess I would get lazy. I definitely wouldn't poop in them - or would I find that happening too if I lived on my own or with someone who fully accepted my wearing.

What about you?
No. I would always want to keep the option not to wear and do so for days and weeks. I also dont like the idea of wearing during the day - for me as a DL its a night time choice.

As Edgewater said: Be careful that you wish.

In my early years of abdl i had the wish to be dependent on diapers. Then it would be a form of legitimation to wear and i wouldnt have to explain my desire anymore. The aspect of emotional IC is very intresting. For me that will be sort of sorrow to get this form of IC, if i indulge more. It wouldnt be a financial problem.

But for now, what i realy think about isnt 24/7 but being diapered evry night. Evrytime i was diapered this year, i could sleep realy like a baby. I slept well and had the energy I needed.
Who has done this big step? And what was your experience? Will it be the same, after doing it regulary? Feel free to write me a private message, cause i dont wont to bust the original thread.

At all: 24/7 - noo Sirrrr , but wearing more often - definitly

👶🧸🦖🙋

Reactions: mistykitty, DLPeakOut, DLWee and 1 other person
Richard101 said:
I was thinking about this earlier. If there were no financial restrictions or social restrictions, would I slide towards 24/7?
The answer is probably yes. I have no plan to go 24/7 but I think I am so addicted to diapers that I would end up wearing 24/7 - I just wouldn't be able to resist it . I am not sure at the moment that I would wet 24/7 but again I guess I would get lazy. I definitely wouldn't poop in them - or would I find that happening too if I lived on my own or with someone who fully accepted my wearing.

What about you?
I think I should just say that I have no desire to go 24/7, (and certainly not to be incontinent) but I think given no restrictions, I would find myself weakly sliding towards it

Reactions: DLPeakOut and BBBen
BBBen said:
But for now, what i realy think about isnt 24/7 but being diapered evry night. Evrytime i was diapered this year, i could sleep realy like a baby. I slept well and had the energy I needed.
Who has done this big step? And what was your experience? Will it be the same, after doing it regulary? Feel free to write me a private message, cause i dont wont to bust the original thread.

At all: 24/7 - noo Sirrrr , but wearing more often - definitly

👶🧸🦖🙋
That's exactly what I did. I started wearing every night almost four years ago. Before, I had worn at night on and off, but since I was not used to it, I usually didn't sleep very well due to the additional heat and padding. However, once I started, I quickly got used to it. I remember that in the first few months there were nights where I really had to push myself to put a diaper on before bed, because I came home late and was super tired or just wasn't in the mood for wearing. But I pushed through and at some point it became a habit, and yes, I enjoy it to that day. The only disadvantage is that I wear quite some padding for the night, and only wet it in the morning after waking up. On days when I have to leave for work etc. it feels a bit wasteful to take off an overnight diaper I only peed in once. The alternative is to put the nighttime diaper on already two hours before bed such that it's already wet before you go to bed. Or you increase fluid intake right before bedtime and wet it during the night. I think it was that positive experience that led me to start wearing 24/7.
So, to make a long story short: Yes, making wearing every night a habit is really worth it in my opinion. It's uncomplicated even when you're somewhere else and have to bring supplies and also substantially cheaper than wearing 24/7.

Reactions: mistykitty, DLPeakOut and BBBen
diapers4life said:
In October, I decided to go 24/7 since it has always been a fantasy of mine, I was (and still am) in an ideal living situation and also financially I could (and can) afford it. I posted about it here. The reactions I received were surprisingly demotivating, and mostly by people who have to wear diapers 24/7 for medical reasons.

In terms of pooping I definitely understand why you would probably not want to do it in your diaper. However, it's what the diaper is for and one could argue that you aren't really 24/7 if you still use the toilet for pooping. The 'getting-lazy-with-peeing' part is also very real. After a while you get very used to being able to pee whenever, wherever, and it takes a lot of awareness and self-control to not let go at the slightest urge. If you do, however, you'll have to live with the fact that your bladder control gradually erodes over time.
I would imagine people who suffer with wetting incontinence , would not want to compliment the expierence with messing to...

diaperabigale said:
I would imagine people who suffer with wetting incontinence , would not want to compliment the expierence with messing to...
Yes, I agree. I think it should be distinguished between people who wear for medical necessity without wanting to wear, and people who have a psychological desire to wear and want to wear voluntarily 24/7 (DLs). Without saying that this approach is 'right', I just know that hardcore-DLs argue that wearing 24/7 includes messing as well, otherwise it's cherry picking. But in the end everyone is free to make their own decisions.

i wear diapers 24/7 by choice and have been for a little over 3 years now. im planning on entering a graduate program towards the end of 2024 so now im running into potential hurdles to my 24/7 lifestyle given that ill have less funds to support it. wearing diapers all the time is something i dont want to stop, but if i cant wear during my graduate education then i plan to pick it back up after im done and have a job to support it.

diapers4life said:
Yes, I agree. I think it should be distinguished between people who wear for medical necessity without wanting to wear, and people who have a psychological desire to wear and want to wear voluntarily 24/7 (DLs). Without saying that this approach is 'right', I just know that hardcore-DLs argue that wearing 24/7 includes messing as well, otherwise it's cherry picking. But in the end everyone is free to make their own decisions.
daft.. another 'rule' to create walls

this is actually a hard choice.. I mean, if financial and social restrictions are not an issue, then I might go towards 24/7 for a while, simply out of comfort, but likely not permanently. I mean it would be kinda great, being able to chill at home or walk through the city and toilets not being an issue.
But I'll honestly get tired of it eventually, and stop.. I think potential chafing, restocking on diapers, cleaning, showering often, and all the other logistics will get annoying and not worth it to wear all the time.

So my answer is: no. I would not. Maybe 12/7 or something like that, maybe even 16/7, but not 24 hours.

Yes, the more I wore diapers, and as the disposable products improved, the more I wanted to wear. Sort of a diaper feed back loop. When the opportunity opened up I gladly went 24/7 and have never looked back. I don't see after over 20 years diapered full time that I can imagine why I would stop.

I've considered it for days when my OAB is flared up and I'm in the bathroom nearly every 30 minutes or less. Maybe for those days, and only for #1 I'd consider going 24 hours for the day, but not the week. Just need to develop a routine to actually do it because once I plug in for work I don't really think on it.

What a lot of non-IC young and mid-life folks forget that things can take a dramatic financial turn for the worse when you're retired or forced to retire for health reasons or lack of work. Many people save for retirement only to find that inflation/divorce has made their savings insufficient. When you can barely pay the rent, will you still buy those $4-5 each ABDL diapers?

Reactions: Lethdale and BBBen
Even if there was no financial burden, I would not go 24/7.

Although in my current situation money is tight but it is not really impacting the number of times I wear. So I don't think I would be increasing the number of times I wear if money was no object.

I think it really depends on the definition of 24/7.

If it’s me, taking care of myself without help, I always wear them, and I must use them, then I would say no. That’s a lot of work, increased risk of discovery, and I’m prone to rashes. :C

But, if it’s diapers replace underwear, you can choose to use them but don’t need to, then I would probably be yes. However, that’s a pretty weak definition of 24/7.

I’m buying some training pants to help gap fill some of those time periods. They’ll be reusable, and the padding between my legs helps me sleep.

Reactions: mistykitty, BBBen and diapers4life
The longest I have gone was the start of '23 when i did a stint of 4 months 24/7, I would love to do that again and go 24/7 permanently but my work life makes that awkward especially with it being a choice and not a medical need.

I would happily do 24/7 if I had the opportunity and would use them for everything without worries, I would be obviously be considerate about it by, for instance, not messing in public places or at work, so depending on urgency and my location I would still use a toilet for no.2 but at home or in private would be quite fine with doing that in a nappy.

Now if I ever became IC even just for a short time it would make the decision much easier, since I would be able to provide medical evidence of need to my bosses which would make wearing to work a non issue.

If I ever got to the point where I could, yes.

If there were no financial or social restrictions I would wear 24/7. Those are pretty much the 2 things that are keeping me from wearing 24/7.

Reactions: tndyperboy, Sealander and NappiedTruckDriver
Without financial and social restrictions? Absolutely. I would wear almost all the time. Exceptions would be for things like exercise, hiking, as well as airing out.

Just without financial restrictions? Nah, I wouldn't put up at this point in my life with people knowing, as is inevitable.

Back