Getting nervous

gtripp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
Hey all,
I wear briefs cause of IBS and at times don't have control of #2. But I'm about to have femoral hernia surgery which is rare for guys to have it. My groin will be operated on (fixed) I'm nervous cause should I or shouldn't I wear one? Cause the area where they are repairing the brief will be covering it. Thanks for your comments

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Hey man I think you might want the proof read that whole thing, as it's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say. Sorry to hear about the surgery hope it goes well. And further more if you wear out if necessity just wear one in to your visit.....trust me they have seen incontinence before and they will be very professional about it 😉 best of luck🤙

Reactions: Jorelaxed, diaperdude and Edgewater
gtripp said:
Hey all,
I wear briefs cause of IBS and at times don't have control of #2. But I'm about to have femoral hernia surgery which is rare for guys to have it. My groin will be operated on (fixed) I'm nervous cause should I or shouldn't I wear one? Cause the area where they are repairing the brief will be covering it. Thanks for your comments
Yes, you should wear one if you wear because of need. They are medical professionals, and they see protection every day in various forms. If there is one place to not be embarrassed being diapered, it at the hospital. It's so common, frankly, that almost all hospital rooms keep briefs and bed pads in one of the cabinets.

Yes, wear a diaper. Prior to the procedure they will likely remove it and use a catheter, which is very common.

Last edited:
Hey all I wore a diaper for the consultation for my upcoming surgery and the doctor said strip down! So I did. Then he asked why are you wearing that? You leak alot? And I answered yes so he knows that I wear diapers so that pressure is gone. I basically got the courage to just wear the diaper like I usually do so I can stop worrying thanks for the encouragement!

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
gtripp said:
Hey all I wore a diaper for the consultation for my upcoming surgery and the doctor said strip down! So I did. Then he asked why are you wearing that? You leak alot? And I answered yes so he knows that I wear diapers so that pressure is gone. I basically got the courage to just wear the diaper like I usually do so I can stop worrying thanks for the encouragement!
The nurses and doctors in surgery are professionals and deal with things like this all the time. You will only have a patient gown when you go into surgery and that will be removed. They will take care of everything else.
By the way I am a nurse and have worked in surgery. Hope this helps. You will do well.

Reactions: gtripp and Edgewater
Hey all I'm replying my surgery was this past Friday everything went well. They had me changed myself which I thought was weird. Reason being is anywhere I went for surgeries the nurse would force changed me they would not do it. The nurse did ask how long did I wear these. I said usually at night but been wearing more cause of my bladder issue. So around 4 months constant. And she said that's not good you need to get checked out which after I recover I will get it checked out. Thank you for your supportive comments

Reactions: Floodingpants and Edgewater
Did you take your pacifier to the hospital with you to suck on?

No I didn't

gtripp said:
No I didn't
I don't if it's a day surgery but a long stay I do bring a teddy

Back