Genuine question about Driving

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Who here is a good driver, But hates driving not because of You driving, But because of everyone else on the road in your area?

Lemme tell yall a damn story about 2 encounters that were not even 2 minutes apart coming home tonight (12/10 In case I'm not done typing this before midnight)

Not far from home now, I'm driving up the town road towards the light. This person in the car ahead of me, Driving on MY SIDE OF THE ROAD, is coming towards me, If this idiot was any further Left into my lane He'd be driving on the sidewalk. I had to pull over so this moron could drive around me.

Then After i get past the light This other absolute Dickhead Pulls out in front of me I wasn't even 10 feet from where he pulled out.

Drivers in york county absolutely Boil my blood, anyone else get that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyokodl and ShyBoo81
I'm a buss driver and I seen all that and more over the years. people say there good driver but no one really a good driver, we all make mistakes, and I make my share of them.

we all have to try and be more defensive drivers on the road and make room for everyone on the road,

I think everyone should have to take a road test every 10 years, to keep everyone up to date on laws and change made. we could all use new tips on how to up date are driving skills .

Reactions: ElPulpo
Where I live, people drive so well that I only get annoyed when I go to neighboring city limits. I adapt to those areas, though, to prevent other drivers from driving recklessly around me which could cause an accident. I have to practice very defensive driving when I leave my neck of the woods. I have never been involved in an accident with another vehicle. Been driving for about 14 years. *knock on wood* 🙂 I drive more miles than average. About 30-40k mi./yr..

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81
Alrighty, a question about driving!

Honestly if you treat driving around public roads sort of like GTA, then it actually becomes less stressful (and even fun) Every crazy driver you encounter becomes a game to test your evasive skills lol. Plus you'll learn to be calm and avoid getting annoyed over a simple road rage

Maybe thats just me. Ive played enough GTA5 that I learned how to evade crazy stuff that happens on the road. Im even desensitized to crazy drivers cause of GTA5 hahaha 😆 Also I just looove driving cause its one of the more exciting things I get to do IRL

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KrankyPants
ShyBoo81 said:
Alrighty, a question about driving!

Honestly if you treat driving around public roads sort of like GTA, then it actually becomes less stressful (and even fun) Every crazy driver you encounter becomes a game to test your evasive skills lol. Plus you'll learn to be calm and avoid getting annoyed over a simple road rage

Maybe thats just me. Ive played enough GTA5 that I learned how to evade crazy stuff that happens on the road. Im even desensitized to crazy drivers cause of GTA5 hahaha 😆 Also I just looove driving cause its one of the more exciting things I get to do IRL
You are on to something. I actually play my racing sim games before going on long drives because it wakes up those same senses and moods. I take racing very seriously and am very aware of my surroundings. I even adjust my mirrors like a track car, where there is no blind spot (there is a technique where you put your head on. The headrest a specific way when setting up your mirrors) and it helps a lot. I always know when there is someone in my "blind spot". I take driving very seriously, but am usually very relaxed, because I stay aware of my surroundings so I can take time to relax when nobody is around. 😀

Reactions: ShyBoo81
I consider myself a good driver. I’ve logged over 1.5 million accident free miles in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, and much of Canada. The majority of these miles were done for a company that I drove for in their heavy haul division hauling oversized and overweight loads. As such I had to learn to observe what was happening a mile or more in front of me and to be keenly aware of what was happening behind and beside me not only because of the size of the load but because of the way the general public often reacted to it. They were often either curious about it or fearful of it. I’ve seen some amazingly ignorant actions of both types as well as those of people that were just not paying attention. It always amazed me how many people had decided that they were so proficient at driving that they could do other activities at the same time. These included, but we’re not limited to applying their makeup, reading a book or newspaper, even getting promiscuous with their partners (a semi truck gives you a far better view than manner realize). When I got out of the truck for the last time, Thanksgiving day of 1990, cell phones weren’t nearly as ubiquitous as they are today and I can only imagine what foolishness I would see if I were still driving today. When I first started driving trucks were extremely under powered and car drivers would do horrendous things to avoid being “caught” behind a slow moving truck. Trucks has changed greatly in that respect and have far more horsepower than they did years ago, but from what friends that are still driving truck tell me the public still acts just as foolishly around these vehicles that are twenty times their weight (or more than fifty times as I sometimes was) as they did when I left the profession.

I hate driving at THIS time of the year in particular. Because it gets dark earlier between the season and Daylight Saving Time change, and people can’t figure out that, although it’s 5:30, yes you need to turn on your fucking headlights. I don’t give a shit if you’re “special” and have superior night vision. I don’t and the rest of the non-mutant population can’t see you either.

And no, those yellow lights aren’t your “low beams”. They are parking lights and aren’t enough for some people in some situations to see you. In fact, driving with your parking lights on is illegal in some places.

And while I’m at it, if I want to sit my ass in the right lane and NOT make a right on red because I don’t feel safe doing so, you and the woman who’s apparently in labor are just going to have to stick a sock in it until the light turns green. And don’t get me started on the people who honk at me for not making a right on red from the MIDDLE lane.

I’ve been told I’m a bad driver because if we all just drove aggressively, everyone would be operating from the same set of rules… says the person who’s always has dents in their car that are totally not their fault…

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke and Teddy
blaincorrous said:
I hate driving at THIS time of the year in particular. Because it gets dark earlier between the season and Daylight Saving Time change, and people can’t figure out that, although it’s 5:30, yes you need to turn on your fucking headlights. I don’t give a shit if you’re “special” and have superior night vision. I don’t and the rest of the non-mutant population can’t see you either.

And no, those yellow lights aren’t your “low beams”. They are parking lights and aren’t enough for some people in some situations to see you. In fact, driving with your parking lights on is illegal in some places.

And while I’m at it, if I want to sit my ass in the right lane and NOT make a right on red because I don’t feel safe doing so, you and the woman who’s apparently in labor are just going to have to stick a sock in it until the light turns green. And don’t get me started on the people who honk at me for not making a right on red from the MIDDLE lane.

I’ve been told I’m a bad driver because if we all just drove aggressively, everyone would be operating from the same set of rules… says the person who’s always has dents in their car that are totally not their fault…
Mood

Yeah i hate it when people try and pull that nonsense, Or they tell you the left lane on the highway was made for over the speed limit...THE FUCK IT IS I'm not getting pulled over because DIckbag riding my bumper is in a hurry.

Reactions: blaincorrous
blaincorrous said:

The people that grind my gears are the ones that have automatic headlights, yet the drivers intentionally turn them off. Or physically disable their daytime running lights.

Don't phone and drive !!!

• Love
MakABDL said:
Who here is a good driver, But hates driving not because of You driving, But because of everyone else on the road in your area?

Lemme tell yall a damn story about 2 encounters that were not even 2 minutes apart coming home tonight (12/10 In case I'm not done typing this before midnight)

Not far from home now, I'm driving up the town road towards the light. This person in the car ahead of me, Driving on MY SIDE OF THE ROAD, is coming towards me, If this idiot was any further Left into my lane He'd be driving on the sidewalk. I had to pull over so this moron could drive around me.

Then After i get past the light This other absolute Dickhead Pulls out in front of me I wasn't even 10 feet from where he pulled out.

Drivers in york county absolutely Boil my blood, anyone else get that?
Yep , same here in the U.K. , and some don't grasp that my 44t capacity Artic truck can't brake on a six pence (dime) but still pull out on me or cut in to early or try to come in on my left side right by the front wheel 👿Which in Euro spec truck cabs due to the high cab and being R/H drive I can't see them properly
Also cars right up my trailers rear so if I braked suddenly they'd go under the rear of the trailer

Zeke said:
I consider myself a good driver. I’ve logged over 1.5 million accident free miles in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, and much of Canada. The majority of these miles were done for a company that I drove for in their heavy haul division hauling oversized and overweight loads. As such I had to learn to observe what was happening a mile or more in front of me and to be keenly aware of what was happening behind and beside me not only because of the size of the load but because of the way the general public often reacted to it. They were often either curious about it or fearful of it. I’ve seen some amazingly ignorant actions of both types as well as those of people that were just not paying attention. It always amazed me how many people had decided that they were so proficient at driving that they could do other activities at the same time. These included, but we’re not limited to applying their makeup, reading a book or newspaper, even getting promiscuous with their partners (a semi truck gives you a far better view than manner realize). When I got out of the truck for the last time, Thanksgiving day of 1990, cell phones weren’t nearly as ubiquitous as they are today and I can only imagine what foolishness I would see if I were still driving today. When I first started driving trucks were extremely under powered and car drivers would do horrendous things to avoid being “caught” behind a slow moving truck. Trucks has changed greatly in that respect and have far more horsepower than they did years ago, but from what friends that are still driving truck tell me the public still acts just as foolishly around these vehicles that are twenty times their weight (or more than fifty times as I sometimes was) as they did when I left the profession.
ZEKE , they must have relatives in the U.K. As the same idiots try the same tricks here as well
Had a driver try to force he's way in front of me Thursday near a roundabout that both lanes you could go round to the right any way
Few more yards down I looked in my lh mirror and the twat was half way down my 45ft trailer less than a foot from it 👿 If I didn't check my mirror he's car could have been squashed when I started to steer out to go round the roundabout (car was only a Vauxhall Aglia same size as a Honda jazz or Ford Fiesta ) luckily I was empty but still grossed 15t 600 kg

KrankyPants said:
You are on to something. I actually play my racing sim games before going on long drives because it wakes up those same senses and moods. I take racing very seriously and am very aware of my surroundings. I even adjust my mirrors like a track car, where there is no blind spot (there is a technique where you put your head on. The headrest a specific way when setting up your mirrors) and it helps a lot. I always know when there is someone in my "blind spot". I take driving very seriously, but am usually very relaxed, because I stay aware of my surroundings so I can take time to relax when nobody is around. 😀
Its funny how you play racing sims to learn how to drive defensively IRL, while I play GTA5 for the same thing lol 😆 But yeah racing is actually an excellent discipline for being aware of hazards while out on public roads

I take safety seriously too which is why I give other cars some space when Im driving, especially if the other person seems like a new driver. Gotta do my part to help them keep calm 🙂

Frankly, I find playing chess helps me drive. You have to think about 5-7 seconds ahead of where you are to detect the possibility of someone doing something stupid.

• Love
Reactions: Chosen
Back