General impression of new XL Goodnites

goodnites

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I haven't gotten to try out the new XL Goodnites and a lot of info being spread but its rly scattered so I just wanted to ask what is the general impression that it left. And I'm not talking about the designs or aesthetics, I'm asking purely about the functionality of the diaper. Is it better or worse than before in terms of absorbency, fit, the new "quicksorb" thing, new blue leakguards, etc.

Reactions: BigAl2
They are noticeable wider and a little thicker they absorb much better waist bands stretch out easier than before

Reactions: goodnites and BigAl2
They are a bit wider, and a little thicker. Feels like they’re better absorption wise as well.

Reactions: littledreamers333, goodnites and BigAl2
snuggles said:
They are noticeable wider and a little thicker they absorb much better waist bands stretch out easier than before
Interesting since I’ve heard reports they’re narrower in the crotch.

Reactions: 12srepaid
wish they were a bit taller on the back side. They are definitely stretchier than the previous XLs - I can pull them up way easier without worrying about the sides splitting.

First one I wore leaked really bad but I was laying down and flooded it. The next few I've worn I've wet them while kneeling in bed and they seemed to take it better - also they seem to absorb better once they are already damp - maybe because the padding is swollen up and there and more surface area?

Reactions: goodnites
Are the S/M and L stretchier as well?

At first, I was a bit disappointed in them. But a few minutes ago, I decided to gently stretch them outwards, & this method helped fixed the gaps that I was getting.
Just go to the bottom of the pants and work on relaxing the material so to speak. I'm good with them now.

I bought the girls XL. I'm 230lbs. The stretch is there to fit the waist without ripping but the rise isn't there. Seems like they just made them with a more stretchy side but kept the same rise as the old XL. They do cover me but the rise could be 3 to 4 inches more. There's also something about the crotch that is off. The padding narrows and semi clumps when dry and wearing for a while.
I just bought them out of curiosity and definitely won't buy them again, mainly because I prefer tape on diapers.

Last edited:
Back