Fungal Rash

jjpadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does anyone suffer with sore fungus rash around the top of the legs groin and buttocks area? I’ve been using creams and powder but doesn’t seem to help. Any suggestions for a remedy would be gratefully received

Reactions: Diprs2
How do you know it’s a fugal rash, versus contact dermatitis or chafing? What cream are you using?

Reactions: Diprs2 and jjpadded
Bombyx said:
How do you know it’s a fugal rash, versus contact dermatitis or chafing? What cream are you using?
Doctor gave me Daktacort but hasn’t touched it after 3 weeks now.

Well, there’s one easy way to find out if it’s fungal: Buy a cream intended for jock itch, ringworm, or athlete’s foot and try it! These are available at any drug store and most supermarkets. I’ve had the occasional run-in with these conditions over the years, and my experience has been that the antifungal creams knock them out really fast. “Use as directed,” of course.

Last edited:
This happened to me a few years back. I thought it was just a diaper rash around my crotch that just wouldn't heal. I finally had to ask my doctor. He told me it was a fungal rash ( yes, it was a yeast infection). I thought that was a girls thing but babies (and adults) who wear diapers can get this too.
He gave me Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment (or cream). Like magic. It was gone in about 3 days. I now keep the prescription in my medicine cabinet. You have to get a prescription from your doctor.

greatlake5 said:
This happened to me a few years back. I thought it was just a diaper rash around my crotch that just wouldn't heal. I finally had to ask my doctor. He told me it was a fungal rash ( yes, it was a yeast infection). I thought that was a girls thing but babies (and adults) who wear diapers can get this too.
He gave me Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment (or cream). Like magic. It was gone in about 3 days. I now keep the prescription in my medicine cabinet. You have to get a prescription from your doctor.
Thanks, just need to get the appointment now which could take a lifetime.

jjpadded said:
I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but I'd be really surprised if what you need can't simply be purchased from a store. Look up jock itch and ringworm, which are what these in-your-crotch fungal infections usually are. I'll grant that your particular case might be severe enough that a prescription-strength cream would do better, but if you're facing additional weeks of waiting, I'd strongly encourage you to pursue the non-prescription route. I went to the doctor the first time this happened to me, and the "prescription" was, "Go to the store and buy jock itch / ringworm cream." I was kicking myself, because like you, I'd been suffering for weeks. The cream had it gone in a couple of days.

Last edited:
jjpadded said:
Does anyone suffer with sore fungus rash around the top of the legs groin and buttocks area? I’ve been using creams and powder but doesn’t seem to help. Any suggestions for a remedy would be gratefully received
Use tanactin jock itch spray powder best ! It will burn like hell but over in minutes not days !

Cottontail said:
I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but I'd be really surprised if what you need can't simply be purchased from a store. Look up jock itch and ringworm, which are what these in-your-crotch fungal infections usually are. I'll grant that your particular case might be severe enough that a prescription-strength cream would do better, but if you're facing additional weeks of waiting, I'd strongly encourage you to pursue the non-prescription route. I went to the doctor the first time this happened to me, and the "prescription" was, "Go to the store and buy jock itch / ringworm cream." I was kicking myself, because like you, I'd been suffering for weeks. The cream had it gone in a couple of days.
Believe me, I tried all the non-prescriptions. If it's a yeast infection, you need what I did. Hit the doctor.
greatlake5 said:
If you're having a severe infection and can't get a doctor appointment, try the emergency room. I've been IC since the beginning. I'm diaper dependent every f**king day. Having diaper rash isn't fun.

Oh I have been here. Seriously go get jock itch spray it works u can even spray around your butt area it works !!! Don’t wait bc it only gets worst. Try to get some diaper cream that is antibacterial bc that will help prevent in the future and the more dry u can keep area from being trapped in a diaper with moisture the better

greatlake5 said:
Believe me, I tried all the non-prescriptions. If it's a yeast infection, you need what I did. Hit the doctor.
Not exactly disagreeing. (Yeast = fungus, by the way.) Just saying that these conditions are super common, hence the availability of non-prescription remedies. As a result, particularly if a doctor visit is liable to be expensive or a long ways off, there's no reason not to try them. If nothing's happened after a few days, though, by all means get examined!

Thanks everyone, some great tips here for me to get started on 😊

been at war with the body shrooms for years, I use one of those candida cleanse things and that helps alot, also oregano oil on the tongue and tea tree soaps to wash

I have not had that on my legs. But I did once get it in my arm pit. I have had like 5 shoulder surgeries and spent the better part of 2 years in a sling. No movement of my arm for air all that time and it got infected 2 times with the same shit. The doctor had me get spray for jock itch & athletes foot and it cleared right up in less than a week of use. It does burn a bit when sprayed on. Then several years ago I got in in the crotch from diaper use and a round of antibiotics I was on. I could not get it to go away with diaper cream so I thought it might be fungal. I went and got a can and sprayed the entire area down. Holly fuck It felt like I dipped my balls in battery acid. 🤬🤬 Burn does not describe it. But I kept it up 2 times a day and 3 days later it was gone. It only burns if their is open sores like cracked skin. It works fast though and once it starts to heal it is not near as painful. Just make sure the can says anti fungal. Also beware if you are using creams that you rub on to use gloves or be very careful not to spread it else where. I hope it helps. If you try it let me know if it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, jjpadded and Cottontail
greatlake5 said:
You my not be aware of this but antibiotics can cause yeast infections. As someone who has suffered from bladder infections my entire life, I know. I had my first UTI in first grade and been having them ever since.. But a lot of time you can get it in the mouth and it is a nasty white crap that taste horrible that gets on the tongue and changes your taste buds. They call it Thrush and the give a mouth rinse that is banana flavor. It knocks it out fast. Like real fast. But Antibiotics increase the risk of yeast infections.

I had something similar to that several years ago. My daughter-in-law who is a Registered Nurse suggest Lotrimin and that cleared it up for me in several days. In the U. S. it's an over the counter drug.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, SoS7883, jjpadded and 2 others
I'm prone to yeast rash in the top of the leg/crotch area and also on my behind occasionally and honestly the best thing I've found as crazy as it sounds is vagisil, I know it is a ladies product but doggone if it don't work good! I've tried the doctor thing and been prescribed Nystatin a few times but honestly I got tired of being interrogated about why I wear diapers. It took a bit of trial and error but so far the vagisil has definitely done the trick

Reactions: Diprs2, dogboy and jjpadded
jjpadded said:
This is just plain old nappy rash. Go to your Dr and get some Hydrocortisone cream. As you are in the UK seeing a Dr is difficult, but insist, get tough with them, on a face to face appointment (probably more of a face to groin meeting!!!!!) or as Cottontail says, get some powder for atheletes foot, it does much the same job.

Back