Full panties

TrickCyclist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
It's sometimes surprising what can be found on the Internet. For example, someone has gone to the trouble of scanning entire Sears and JC Penney catalogues going back decades. It's noticeable that panties up until the 80s, at least, used to come up to above the navel and then at some point they shrank. Perhaps it was because they would have stuck out above low cut jeans etc? Does anyone know if this style is still sold somewhere? Perhaps they will come back into fashion some day.

I also wonder if it was more of an USA thing. I don't recall them being this big in the UK when I was growing up, not that I got to see them very often. I do recall looking forward to the arrival of my mum's mail order catalogues to check out the girls' stuff.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, GatoChihuahua and Angelapinks
"French cut" briefs often come above hips to the navel. Full briefs can be found in that style still, but you have to look around. Herroom.com is a good shop. Lots of styles. Even still, it's rare to find panties that sit quite as high as they did in the 80s and 90s.

Reactions: rbm, Seasonedcitizen and GatoChihuahua
PinkDiaperSissy said:
"French cut" briefs often come above hips to the navel. Full briefs can be found in that style still, but you have to look around. Herroom.com is a good shop. Lots of styles. Even still, it's rare to find panties that sit quite as high as they did in the 80s and 90s.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, lots of nice styles on that site.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
"High-rise panties" is a good search term as well. They are sometimes called granny panties as well because they are a bit older fashioned ☺️😊

I used to love the Sears wish book and JC Penney catalogs back in the 80's. I especially always liked the girdles, and slips with built in girdles and suspender clips. Did I mention I like suspenders and girdles? 😛😁

I am a shapewear person, and Maidenform could be my middle name 😂. The new stuff is all so stretchy and comfortable though. The older stuff was not usually stretchy, and only possibly comfortable if standing upright with perfect posture. I don't have any of my older stuff because I used to be a size 20/22 for many years, but now have been a 12/14 for many years. All the way-too-big clothes went to goodwill

Reactions: DLYUL, OnePiece, fleckothefennec and 3 others
I'm just going to say the thread title "full panties" is a poor choice of words to describe a thread about styles of panties haha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and TrickCyclist
Mfluder said:
I'm just going to say the thread title "full panties" is a poor choice of words to describe a thread about styles of panties haha
YES agreed FULL PANTIES is not the same thing as Full Diapers/Nappies -
The whole panty thing has changed considerably over the years.

Visualizing the old - Sears - Montgomery Wards - JCPenney catalogs etc. the concept of a brief covering the mid torso fully.

Something about underwear (panties) becoming lingerie - - - - -

Then the brief at the high waist line -
Then the hi-cut brief at that same high waist -
Things are gradually getting a bit cheeky here
Enter the bikini -
The bikini in various forms of coverage -
The thong enters with less than minimal -
And almost finally the "G" string not so much a panty brief - but something else -
At this point there is not much remaining except for a pasty type cover for nipples as well as the nether world.

And then the ala-natural birthday suit - where life form begins - - -
Enter the diaper stage followed by the various forms of interesting lingerie -
and finally in the end or near the end for some folk it is back to pads liners diapers protective gear -

Welcome to the forum

I certainly hope the topic/subject FULL PANTIES is not the same thing as a FULL DIAPER ! LOL !

Reactions: Trina and Angelapinks
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: StanleyK and Angelapinks
Definitely not whale tails lol. I had to Google that one. I hadn’t thought of the ambiguity in the thread title. I checked out the terminology here down under (more ambiguity) and the norm seems to be full briefs. Then there’s midi for a style not quite so granny. And of course it’s knickers here rather than panties but that means something else in the US. Two peoples divided by a common language...

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Full cut panties that are full are the best.

Reactions: StanleyK
I wear hi waist bladder control panties full time. I have the others but like the hi waist best as my belt also holds them up

Reactions: StanleyK
TrickCyclist said:
It's sometimes surprising what can be found on the Internet. For example, someone has gone to the trouble of scanning entire Sears and JC Penney catalogues going back decades. It's noticeable that panties up until the 80s, at least, used to come up to above the navel and then at some point they shrank. Perhaps it was because they would have stuck out above low cut jeans etc? Does anyone know if this style is still sold somewhere? Perhaps they will come back into fashion some day.

I also wonder if it was more of an USA thing. I don't recall them being this big in the UK when I was growing up, not that I got to see them very often. I do recall looking forward to the arrival of my mum's mail order catalogues to check out the girls' stuff.
best place for full beiefs is amazon my favorites are barbra panties lots of colors and great fit

Clear thighs, full panties, can’t lose…

Last edited:
Back