Forgetting what it feels like to be continent.

enthusi

Young at heart, slightly older in other places.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
This evening I was watching a sitcom, and there was a funny scene where two guys stripped down to their underwear. The scene was funny, but I was more fascinated how people can keep their underwear dry at all times. The idea of someone being that confident they are dry, seems bonkers to me.

I have clear memories of continence from the time I was potty trained up through young adulthood. But how I managed that seems to have been lost.

I’m curious if other can relate?

Last edited:
Reactions: badger50 and Diprs2
I am urge IC but now also struggle with IBS-d. It seems like U-IC was easy to deal with by comparison. While I've been able to largely control IBS-d by diet, there are frequently days where I struggle with diarrhea with no apparent reason. So every day I wake up wondering if I can get by with just guards (around home) or need diaper in case of diarrhea. I live in fear.

So ya, I barely remember what it was like to wakeup with nary a care about diarrhea or urge IC. Those were the days!

Reactions: Diprs2
My memories of being dry are very faint. More than 2/3 of my life ago
only know diapers now
still have underwear to go over the diapers to hide things but wearing just underwear is a lost memory

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
Other than minor wetting, which I learned how to deal with as a kid, I was continent until nearly 40. Then one day I became incontinent along with a mountain of other issues. I was never able to gain bladder control back; somedays it was a bit better, somedays horrendous, and most days I just lived with it. Then I found out a few years back that I've had a neurogenic bladder since birth and my urologist has no idea how I was ever continent. To be honest, I don't have a clue either. I'm now long past trying to figure out how to control my bladder. What bothers me still is when I can't figure out how to pee when I go into retention. That still really bothers me.

Reactions: Diprs2
What I remember was slowly increasing urge and the sweat and tears in trying to remain continent for years. A losing battle and in retrospect I wished I'd given up earlier and accepted my nappies. Very happy now.

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed and jaredc3
I have bee dependant on nappies for 10 years. Obviously I remember just wearing normal underwear but it would feel very strange now. They wouldn't be dry for very long.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Diprs2
wetnappyjon said:
What I remember was slowly increasing urge and the sweat and tears in trying to remain continent for years. A losing battle and in retrospect I wished I'd given up earlier and accepted my nappies. Very happy now.
Accepting nappies was the best way forward for me.

• Love
Reactions: Napincolove, Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I always wondered what it was like to use the potty and have a dry underwear. I've been incontinence since I was a little kid cuz I'm was allways in diapers. I could not be potty trained

Back