Fluffing Diapers Does it Help?

dllovergirl83

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have a good friend who also plays the role of my care giver (remotely)He also wears diapers and he I were chatting about changing. He recommended diaper fluffing before putting it on. Does anyone fluff their diapers before putting them on and if so how so? Apparently they work better if you do this? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy, littledreamers333, TigerDL and 4 others
Yes opening a fresh compacted diaper is a lot better fluffing it. you just have to kind of move it around and stretch it out a little. I tried the dryer method and it doesnt work too well. You put the diapers in the dryer on a room temp setting and it ends up making the diaper all clumpy. That method wasnt for me.

Reactions: TheDideeboy, Sealander, TigerDL and 8 others
dllovergirl83 said:
I have a good friend who also plays the role of my care giver (remotely)He also wears diapers and he I were chatting about changing. He recommended diaper fluffing before putting it on. Does anyone fluff their diapers before putting them on and if so how so? Apparently they work better if you do this? Thoughts?
I fluff my cotton diapers and boosters to make them softer and I have noticed that it makes them absorb more too. When I wore disposable diapers I did the same thing. So the answer to your question is " Yes, they do work better and they feel softer too when you fluff your diaper before putting it on."

Reactions: Mingus, inconowl and dllovergirl83
MikeDJ said:
Yes opening a fresh compacted diaper is a lot better fluffing it. you just have to kind of move it around and stretch it out a little. I tried the dryer method and it doesnt work too well. You put the diapers in the dryer on a room temp setting and it ends up making the diaper all clumpy. That method wasnt for me.
You're right about disposable diapers clumping up in the dryer. Only reusable cloth diapers will fluff up some in a dryer without ruining the comfort of it.

Reactions: inconowl and dllovergirl83
Something I've heard about but not something I've done yet. Based on what was said here though I guess it's something I should start trying.

Reactions: theancientmariner, inconowl and dllovergirl83
I fluff up my disposables and it makes the diaper feel wonderfully puffy.

Reactions: TigerDL, inconowl and dllovergirl83
I found that it has mixed results. Obviously it's more soft and cozy. It seems to also improve absorption speed and effective capacity usage(more capacity before leaking). On the other hand it seems to increase the chance that the padding clumps and falls together. That is when worn without anything but just the diaper with nothing over it and/or move a lot around. Although that can be mitigated by a slight compression pant over the diaper.
So I have the best results by fluffing and always using some gentle fixation over it. Just enough to be a snug, slight compression but not sacrefice the poof of the floof.

Cheers

Reactions: chamberpot, TigerDL, inconowl and 2 others
LifeInPlastic said:
I found that it has mixed results. Obviously it's more soft and cozy. It seems to also improve absorption speed and effective capacity usage(more capacity before leaking). On the other hand it seems to increase the chance that the padding clumps and falls together. That is when worn without anything but just the diaper with nothing over it and/or move a lot around. Although that can be mitigated by a slight compression pant over the diaper.
So I have the best results by fluffing and always using some gentle fixation over it. Just enough to be a snug, slight compression but not sacrefice the poof of the floof.

Cheers
I have had the same results with the padding clumping together but only in certain brands of diaper (not naming any names). I’ve never had this with anything from InControl/Rearz nor has it happened in a few years.
I too also wear boxer briefs over my diaper during the daytime but at night I sleep with nothing on but my diaper.

Reactions: dllovergirl83
I have taken to fluffing in the dryer with no heat for around 2-3 mins - putting in 4-5 diapers at a time. This works great - there are some brands that will clump a little worse after ward, but those brands always clump for me anyways (Crinklz Orig, Astro and Aqua)

Reactions: Ortler, 247 and inconowl
I had worn for years before I learned about fluffing. I watched a series from this couple who did unpacking and reviews when diaper manufacturers sent them samples. It was a real eye opener how much more soft and comfy they were, and how they absorbed a little quicker. I hadn't realized the SAP products vacuum packing had compressed the products and made them less soft until I learned how to fluff. To me fluffing SAP products makes a real difference! Only wish I would have known about fluffing in the beginning.

Reactions: Ortler and Jorelaxed
Depending on what diaper it is, I have to fluff it. Even after sitting unpacked on my shelf the compression from manufacturing them doesn't allow the wetness to wick properly. Fold the diaper onto a V and make sure the leak guards are standing up properly.

I fluff them and also give the leak guards a pull to make sure that they aren't stuck and are straightened out.

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS and JunkyardDog1
I unpack early and let them rest. Then ill take 3 or 4 and pat them around from the side, fold in a v, fold in half and pat them around again as sort of a pre application ritual. Its a noticeable difference in feel and fit. And absorbancy seems more reliable.

It does help, but if you fluff them too much or too aggressively, you can screw up the padding distribution which will lead to a leaky diaper.

My daddy always fluffing my diaper and it’s helps a lot and it’s always comfortable to wear

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy
dllovergirl83 said:
high SAP diapers tend to be pretty stiff when you pull them out of the bag, especially the ones that are strongly compressed in the bag for shipping. (like it's hard to pull out the first one because of how tightly they're packed) Crinklz are a good example. Here's what fluffed and unfluffed crinklz look like, side by side, you can tell which ones are softer and thicker!

Attachments

• fluff your diapers CC.JPG
    fluff your diapers CC.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: dllovergirl83 and Ortler
I always take all of the diapers out of their bag, put them in a drawer and let them relax, the as I use them I'll fluff them around a bit and then I fold them lengthwise for that V shape, been doing this for years and it does make a difference for sure.

Reactions: dllovergirl83
Back