Fisher-Price releases a working phone

Got mine pre-ordered!

ronnieM said:
Just now? Or yesterday?
On the morning if the 19th. I saw a write up that it was coming and had a reminder set for the next day. When I didn't order it until a bit later that morning I figured it wasn't a big deal, but apparently it has caught on. :)

There has to be more stock available than that :( I want it so bad

I must admit this phone is pretty cool. Especially if you can use the rotary dial to call a number. I have always wanted to call someone using a rotatory dial. Sadly I do not think I will be getting this as my budget will not allow that. Still way cool though.

I GOT ONE!!! If you're reading this and it's less than an hour old, it's likely it's back up for preorder.

Nice way to go man. Make sure to give us a review when you get it.

Reactions: ronnieM
oreobaby89 said:
Will do.

That is, once they eventually ship the thing. I have no idea when preorders will ship, but considering there are a few working ones out there, it shouldn't be too long. I hope.

Reactions: Mas16210
EternalBaby94 said:
Same here, I have always hated talking on the phone once a call is answered I become fumbling nervous (Has improved somewhat with practice over the years still dread most calls though).

Would be interested to know if “phone phobia” is common among ABDL’S

Also social media phobia afraid to click “like”, interact or comment etc.on mainstream social media platforms.
I'm very phone a phobic. I'm fine talking with my family and friends but I have a terrible time making appointments using the phone or having to call a company to contest a bill or almost anything. I honestly think the little red toy phone would actually help me overcome some of my fear. My psychologist diagnosed me to have "aversion" along with anxiety and depression. When it comes to using the phone to make appointment, I just keep putting it off until I finally get upset with myself and do it.

ronnieM said:
[ 2 similar threads have been merged into one ] ~KitsuneFox

Okay, this is kinda cool actually. It's one of these toy phones, except for that it will connect to your phone via bluetooth so you can make actual calls on it.

6470479_sd.jpg

Here's a link for anyone interested. It's apparently only on bestbuy. It's $60 USD. It seems to be a limited time sort of deal, so I might as well get one lol.
I WANT ONE! Maybe for Christmas I can find one somewhere. Hmm! This is super cool!

KrankyPants said:
I WANT ONE! Maybe for Christmas I can find one somewhere. Hmm! This is super cool!
No idea if the presales are still going on on bestbuy. Only way to find out would be to keep refreshing the page every few hours every day...

Reactions: KrankyPants
From what the news is saying, popular items are going to be in short supply this year so buy it as soon as you see it go up for sale because they may all be gone in a few days.

Mine finally shipped. Shipping will change depending on where you are in the US, but it seems to be under a week regardless

Reactions: KrankyPants
I dont need it..... I dont need it...... I definitely dont need it.......

I NEED IT!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy
I had the toy version as a toddler so I would love to have it now as a functioning phone

Remember the toy version in the movie "Poltergeist" and the little girl is talking to her dead grandmother? Yeah, that was creepy. So be careful if you get this phone. Who knows who might be on the other end of the line?

ronnieM said:
[ 2 similar threads have been merged into one ] ~KitsuneFox

Okay, this is kinda cool actually. It's one of these toy phones, except for that it will connect to your phone via bluetooth so you can make actual calls on it.

6470479_sd.jpg

Here's a link for anyone interested. It's apparently only on bestbuy. It's $60 USD. It seems to be a limited time sort of deal, so I might as well get one lol.
HMG and Christmas is comming.

I really want to play with one and my adult side want to see it first.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

oreobaby89 said:
It came! Unboxing and review coming within the next few days.

Yep, it's great. Mine arrived on Monday (just after Best Buy said it was delayed and they didn't know when it would ship).

The thing charges with a USB-C plug (they provide a cable but no charger). I charged mine up and you turn it on and it chimes and says "Hi There!." When you pair it, it says "good to go."

You dial it like a regular rotary phone. It announces the digit as you do. Once you've placed the call you can use the handset or you can push the speaker button.

The speaker is also used to make a "mechanical bell" sound for incoming calls. You can also play your bluetooth music through it.

You can roll it around and the eyes do move. It lacks the pull cord that the "real" one has. It also has a switch on the bottom to lock the wheels so that it doesn't roll around when trying to do some real work.

Only downside is the handset cord is a bit short, but it uses a 4-pole 3.5mm (male plugs on both ends) cable, so I'll probably switch that out.

My wife came in and says "Is that your phone?" thinking it was a toy. She thought it was sorta cool when she found out it worked as a phone.

The only other downside is that they soldout on preorder (glad I got mine) pretty quickly and there's no word on when they might get more to sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
Back