finally, my type two diabetes numbers have improved. Still going to be in diapers though.

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
so today I went to my doctors and had some really good news. Back in mid May I started taking Ozempic and since then I’ve discovered that I have lost like 12 pounds and I figured that it would probably have affected my A1c but I wasn’t sure. Well today I found out that it dropped from 8.1 to 6.1 which is amazing and that blew me away. it was decided that we would take me off Jurgens for a few months and see what happens to the blood sugar level. And he said it probably wouldn’t make me urinate as much. I said yeah I figured that but I still feel that I need diapers because of the urgency issues and lack of control, even when I do need to go, since when I have to urinate could be at any time, it’s kind of hard to plan around using bathrooms, when you’re blind and you need public transportation, it just means you have to add that much more time into your day and plus I’m not a fan of public bathrooms anyways. it’s one thing if I’m around my apartment, but it’s completely different out in the world. And he understands why I still think Diapers or a good idea and he agrees with me. So at the very least, I might end up saving some money on Diapers over the next few months . my doctor said that part of my bladder issues probably had to do with diabetes when the A1c number was way higher and now it’s been brought down so that’s good. I will keep you guys updated with how this journey with diabetes goes.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, BABYTIGERCUB, Deleted member 69192 and 7 others
Interesting.. My doctor just started me on Ozempic, 4 days in, but eager to see if there's any results. I was on Victoza before, but it didn't do anything.

it takes a while for you to notice any results. I’m not sure if there’s different versions of it but the one I do is once a week and it’s really only after I moved up to the .5 selling that I started to notice things changing.

nikthewerelion said:
so today I went to my doctors and had some really good news. Back in mid May I started taking Ozempic and since then I’ve discovered that I have lost like 12 pounds and I figured that it would probably have affected my A1c but I wasn’t sure. Well today I found out that it dropped from 8.1 to 6.1 which is amazing and that blew me away. it was decided that we would take me off Jurgens for a few months and see what happens to the blood sugar level. And he said it probably wouldn’t make me urinate as much. I said yeah I figured that but I still feel that I need diapers because of the urgency issues and lack of control, even when I do need to go, since when I have to urinate could be at any time, it’s kind of hard to plan around using bathrooms, when you’re blind and you need public transportation, it just means you have to add that much more time into your day and plus I’m not a fan of public bathrooms anyways. it’s one thing if I’m around my apartment, but it’s completely different out in the world. And he understands why I still think Diapers or a good idea and he agrees with me. So at the very least, I might end up saving some money on Diapers over the next few months . my doctor said that part of my bladder issues probably had to do with diabetes when the A1c number was way higher and now it’s been brought down so that’s good. I will keep you guys updated with how this journey with diabetes goes.
My doctor wants me to keep below 7 but still in diapers.

I’ve read that for type 2 folks keeping numbers in check slows the progression of the disease, but won’t really reverse damage or symptoms that are already present.

Will be curious to see if anyone notices changes in symptoms while keeping numbers where they should be. Personally, I’ve lost 5-7% of my initial body weight and have had prediabetic/healthy numbers for a couple months now, but still having bladder problems and tingling in my feet.

Wishing the best for those on this journey and hope others see progress.

Reactions: sport1, ElPulpo and PaigeCherubiel
sledder23 said:
I’ve read that for type 2 folks keeping numbers in check slows the progression of the disease, but won’t really reverse damage or symptoms that are already present.

Will be curious to see if anyone notices changes in symptoms while keeping numbers where they should be. Personally, I’ve lost 5-7% of my initial body weight and have had prediabetic/healthy numbers for a couple months now, but still having bladder problems and tingling in my feet.

Wishing the best for those on this journey and hope others see progress.
I have kept mine under 7 butt the incontinence is still there.

Reactions: Wetshisbed and sledder23
My average is good, but I believe that I have to reduce peaks in the day time.

Reactions: sledder23
Congrats on the numbers. I know it’s a struggle. I’ve lost 60 lbs fron 280 to 220. Numbers dropped from 9 to around 7….. I’m on trulicity and metforman

i stopped jardiance a few days ago. and noticed that the frequent urination part of my symptoms has gone down, usually I had to piss quite a bit in the first six hours of the day and it’s dropped a lot because I stopped with that stuff for now. Makes me wonder whether my numbers are going to go up but I guess I won’t know this until I go back to the doctors in October. May have to go back on it. At least it will give me a chance to stock up on some quality diapers while I don’t need to go through so many of them on a daily basis. i’m not sure how much damage was done to my bladder as far as realizing I need to go with enough time to actually get to a bathroom or anything like that. Like loss of sensation or whatever, I don’t really care to get this properly figured out because I already know it’s happening, going through all those tests isn’t going to fix the situation. This is basically what I told my doctor and he agreed, I said it’s not like it’s gonna make me be able to get better diapers. It’s just going to put me through a lot of tests. I don’t really care to go through and it’s already noted that I use diapers anyways for these problems. so at least my numbers came down and I stopped the progression before it’s gotten far worse.

nikthewerelion said:
nikthewerelion said:
I've asked my primary M.D and endocrinologist about Ozempic instead of insulin it's contradicted for use of Ozempic or other medications like Ozempic if you have had pancreatitis it's a no go can cause pancreatitis it looks like insulin getting started on next appointment in early October it won't be a problem taking shots, because I already take methotrexate shots for Rheumatoid and Psoriatic Arthritis I could stand to lose some weight but at a risk for pancreatitis is too great, but starting physical therapy soon and medical weight loss not surgery its been deemed to risky with Myasthenia Gravis and maybe with some weight loss my spinal stenosis won't be as bad for some pain control but for the urinary ic I don't think that will clear up enough to stop using adult diapers because that problem is in the cervical neck not from the low back or lumbar region, my last ha1c was 8.4 little higher than I want usually between 5.5 and 7.2 been on too much prednisone for the inflammatory arthritis Jack's the sugar levels through the roof that's the primary reason for the insulin and congratulations on your numbers take care from BabyTigerCub.

Last edited:
sport1 said:
I have kept mine under 7 butt the incontinence is still there.
Same here but I have diabetic nerve damage

Be interesting so see what happens in a couple months. Couldn't hurt to book something in the fall with your urologist

nikthewerelion said:
Hi nikthewerelion, if diapers help you, then by all means use them, that's what they're for.🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: SparkyDog
Back