Feel like I'm getting no sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

justneedhelp

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi I'm 29 and did not start setting the bed until college. I believed it to be linked to seizure activity that was off and on and not well controlled at the time. I ended up wearing diapers to make it easier in myself and my now husband. I would wet almost every night for awhile and then have big chunks of time I didn't at all. I could go years. Once we got married I had more struggles with it but again it eventually went away for awhile. Now I'm pregnant with my third child and am wetting again every night. I'm trying to clear a UTI. I think pelvic floor issues could be contributing. But I feel like I'm getting no sleep. Once I'm wet I wake up eventually and can't sleep and have to change. I would say the feeling doesn't bother me but it keeps me from going back to sleep. So I change but then I could have one or two more accidents during the night starting the cycle over. And struggling to get back to sleep from lack of comfort and worrying about it happening again.

What can I do to be more comfortable during the night? And are the diapers making me wet myself instead of getting up to pee? Please help. I'm embarrassed for my husband to notice every night even though he's extremely empathetic and supporting. And I'm not sure if the stress is causing more accidents.

And im going to speak to my OB and maybe get pelvic floor therapy or see a urologist.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, EcoIncon and 1 other person
This might be a long shot but maybe a different brand of diaper will help with the way it feels when wet.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
slimjiminy said:
This might be a long shot but maybe a different brand of diaper will help with the way it feels when wet.
Recommendations for a pull up style? I can sometimes feel it enough to get up and make it to the bathroom. I have just been using goodnites all this time since I'm on the smaller side. 105 pounds usually.

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon and Edgewater
diapers don't make you wet
but you might want to try a different brand that absorbs better so you feel more comfortable

don't be embarrassed these things happen glad your husband is supportive

definitely talk to your OB explain what you told us and get referred to a urologist.

Goodnites are not the best for feeling dry. If you want pullups go on amazon and check out Abena, Tena or Tranquility in youth or XS sizes

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, justneedhelp and 1 other person
- Regarding a pull-up, try NorthShore's pull-up! Visit northshorediaper.com There Customer Service staff are very helpful!
- As stated above, No, diapers will not cause you to wet at night.
- Regarding the wet feeling of the diaper, here try NorthShore MEGAMAX or possibly one of their diapers for lighter wetting.
- Sleep is a critical part of life and not sleeping properly is problematic! Commonly, diapers help in reducing the stress of not catching oneself leak. The knowledge that you are wearing a diaper commonly helps most people to sleep deeper as the fear of wetting the bed is not an issue.
- Stress is a common reason people have problems sleeping. Your worrying may be stress you causing issues regarding sleeping.

** No single diaper manufacturer is perfect for each individual and sadly, this may require searching around to find the right diaper for you.

Reactions: Diprs2, justneedhelp, SparkyDog and 1 other person
justneedhelp said:
Recommendations for a pull up style? I can sometimes feel it enough to get up and make it to the bathroom. I have just been using goodnites all this time since I'm on the smaller side. 105 pounds usually.
So sorry you are dealing with this. I think goodnites are not nearly absorbent enough for a full-grown adult and are going to feel wetter than a proper product designed for adults. I personally was super hesitant to switch from a pull-up to a proper diaper but getting sleep is so much more important than what you wear to sleep. For pull-ups these were some of the ones I found best:
But nothing keeps me as dry and sleeping through the night as a taped brief. If you're pregnant and struggling with UTI... seems sleep is the most important thing and hard to come by already.

Good luck and please let us know that things are getting better.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
EcoIncon said:
So sorry you are dealing with this. I think goodnites are not nearly absorbent enough for a full-grown adult and are going to feel wetter than a proper product designed for adults. I personally was super hesitant to switch from a pull-up to a proper diaper but getting sleep is so much more important than what you wear to sleep. For pull-ups these were some of the ones I found best:
But nothing keeps me as dry and sleeping through the night as a taped brief. If you're pregnant and struggling with UTI... seems sleep is the most important thing and hard to come by already.

Good luck and please let us know that things are getting better.
I'm worried with a taped brief I won't be able to get to the toilet and take it off in time when I do wake up and wet myself when I'm awake which is obviously upsetting.

Reactions: Diprs2
Edgewater said:
- Regarding a pull-up, try NorthShore's pull-up! Visit northshorediaper.com There Customer Service staff are very helpful!
- As stated above, No, diapers will not cause you to wet at night.
- Regarding the wet feeling of the diaper, here try NorthShore MEGAMAX or possibly one of their diapers for lighter wetting.
- Sleep is a critical part of life and not sleeping properly is problematic! Commonly, diapers help in reducing the stress of not catching oneself leak. The knowledge that you are wearing a diaper commonly helps most people to sleep deeper as the fear of wetting the bed is not an issue.
- Stress is a common reason people have problems sleeping. Your worrying may be stress you causing issues regarding sleeping.

** No single diaper manufacturer is perfect for each individual and sadly, this may require searching around to find the right diaper for you.
Thank you!

Reactions: Edgewater
justneedhelp said:
I'm worried with a taped brief I won't be able to get to the toilet and take it off in time when I do wake up and wet myself when I'm awake which is obviously upsetting.
Ah. I totally get this... I never like using a diaper I don't have to either. I almost always just slip them down (at most I need to unfasten one tape) when I'm in a rush to use the toilet. I then take the tapes off of one side to refasten after I'm done. It is a little harder but to me worth the extra effort for the better protection and dryness.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
I'm kind of new to this really... But I found that when I tested the way higher quality diaper sample compared to the cheap ones that I've been using the difference in sleep was pretty significant

May not be your situation... But it's worth a thought

Reactions: EcoIncon, Edgewater and Diprs2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back