Favorite Onesie Design

sylveonkitty said:
I love anything super pink and cutesy, especially when there's animal prints! I'm more focused on the cuteness of the design than how convincing it is as a real "baby clothing" item, honestly. I love ODU as a brand since they really capture this.
View attachment 125458
I really want to get the "Lil Howlers" in pink!
I agree with what you're saying. I like the item to be cute, not necessarily babyish. If the babyish item is cute then I probably like it .

My LittleForBig Princess Hearts onesie because I love the ruffles and bow on the back.

1702685215519.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Baloo, footedpjs and 4 others
Ceras said:
My LittleForBig Princess Hearts onesie because I love the ruffles and bow on the back.

View attachment 125476
It's adorable, I love it! I only wish it would look as good on me as it does on the model in the picture.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Ceras said:

View attachment 125476
"OUTSTANDING" those flutter cap sleeves - the bow and lace ruffles bringing up the rear.
For more about this onesie LINK to this item:

Reactions: denimchicken
I've never had a onsie, I did buy a plain black one. It hasn't arrived yet. I hope i got the right size

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I have a LittleforBig onsie that I really enjoy. My favorite one is one my wife got me, bidding on Ebay. It's white with gray stripes and has an embroidered picture of Donald Duck.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and denimchicken
If we are talking about the printing design or patterns on a onesie I don't really know, I don't think I could say I have a favourite, there are lots of cute designs out there and many many more cute fabrics that could be turned into a onesie.

If we are talking about design meaning the actual form and shape of a onesie though then I definitely have to say my own design is my favourite, you can see the idea behind them on my Sewing Projects thread.

There is a solid reason for this. I find that if I'm sitting around at home not doing a lot a standard onesie is fine, but if I'm going out and walking around a lot (work, shopping etc.) then the location of the snaps in a regular onesie (right between the legs at the lowest point) rubs against my thighs and I end up with severe chaffing or rashes and at worse blisters from the snaps rubbing against and pinching at my legs.

I then found this onesie on Privatina. Which appeared to fasten higher up and closer to the waist band.
Search in sidebar query

So having been learning to sew my own cloth diapers at the time I took a step further and made these.
20220421_004552.jpg
20220421_004514.jpg

I wasn't so keen on the side flaps on the Privatina ones so I did away with that, and worked on a way to have the flap come up from the back all the way to the waist and snap on there.

The design works and is wonderfully comfortable, since those pics were taken though it has been through some revisions to try and reduce the width on the from a little so it is more form fitting and less of the front of the thighs are covered, it still isn't quite perfect but getting there.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, sissybaby34 and denimchicken
Belarin said:
If we are talking about the printing design or patterns on a onesie I don't really know, I don't think I could say I have a favourite, there are lots of cute designs out there and many many more cute fabrics that could be turned into a onesie.

If we are talking about design meaning the actual form and shape of a onesie though then I definitely have to say my own design is my favourite, you can see the idea behind them on my Sewing Projects thread.

There is a solid reason for this. I find that if I'm sitting around at home not doing a lot a standard onesie is fine, but if I'm going out and walking around a lot (work, shopping etc.) then the location of the snaps in a regular onesie (right between the legs at the lowest point) rubs against my thighs and I end up with severe chaffing or rashes and at worse blisters from the snaps rubbing against and pinching at my legs.

I then found this onesie on Privatina. Which appeared to fasten higher up and closer to the waist band.
Search in sidebar query

So having been learning to sew my own cloth diapers at the time I took a step further and made these.
20220421_004552.jpg
20220421_004514.jpg

I wasn't so keen on the side flaps on the Privatina ones so I did away with that, and worked on a way to have the flap come up from the back all the way to the waist and snap on there.

The design works and is wonderfully comfortable, since those pics were taken though it has been through some revisions to try and reduce the width on the from a little so it is more form fitting and less of the front of the thighs are covered, it still isn't quite perfect but getting there.
that's an interesting design. It does make doing the snaps easy.

sissybaby34 said:
that's an interesting design. It does make doing the snaps easy.
really easy, especially for someone with mobility issues that has trouble reaching down between their legs, I originally thought it might rub against a trouser waistband and come undone but that hasn't happened yet and it has never ridden up and come out of the trousers yet either.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and sissybaby34
Back