Extra vulnerable in little space

Elmo

Elmo Loves You ❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've cried in little space multiple times over things that happened in my childhood. It took me aback, as I don't often cry.

This makes me think that some part of little space might be trauma related. I wouldn't say I had the worst childhood, but it was still somewhat rocky.

Does anyone else become vulnerable in little space?

• Love
Reactions: DinoFrant, Lightstreak2553 and lilbabyjooce
I do, totally.

When I am in little space I feel that all the barriers and armors created by my adult life disappear. It is the reason why it was traumatic at the beginning to live the little space and I would never, ever have been able to discover this dimension of myself alone.

Without mommy by my side, even today I cannot and do not want to experience these things, precisely because of the vulnerability I feel.

when I’m deeper in littlespace, the more likely I am to cry when in distress. I cried for a few minutes when I watched my friend drop my switch and break it. I’m clumsy so its good I got the extended warranty but I definitely felt like I cried more than usual that week at like, everything, while without a working Switch

I definitely feel more vulnerable for sure
I usually feel very happy and comfy in littlespace, but I definitely feel more susceptible to those "bigger" emotions. The only time I've cried while in littlespace has been while I've been with my daddy, who promptly comforted me and let me cry before taking care of me extra-hard! On my own when I'm in littlespace, by the time I'm at a point where I want to cry, I'm probably out of littlespace by then. For some reason it seems like my brain only allows myself to cry in littlespace if someone is there to comfort me as a baby would be.
I do admittedly cry a lot though and due to mental illness am prone to bouts of very deep sadness so I wonder if that's why my littlespace functions that way. Those "bigger" emotions of neediness and openness and just being too small for my own good are certainly exemplified in littlespace, tho.

Reactions: Elmo and Rainbow
This is why littlespace is often feels so impossible to me. I always end up feeling so... alone. And stupid. I don't think I can do it unless someone was there making sure I stay in littlespace. But idk, aha

RainbowConnection said:
This is why littlespace is often feels so impossible to me. I always end up feeling so... alone. And stupid. I don't think I can do it unless someone was there making sure I stay in littlespace. But idk, aha
Haha, sometimes I get those pangs of adult self awareness in littlespace and wonder what on earth I'm doing, but that's exactly what it is (for me)--my adult brain talking. When I get myself to actually get into little mode, it takes a lot more for those intrusive thoughts to get through. I'm critical of myself so long as I'm conscious and my internal monologue is mainly just me insulting or questioning myself (when I'm not worrying about everything else) but littlespace is a moment of peace.
Reflecting back on my experience with littlespace, I'd say it was easiest at first with someone else around, too. When I've felt super comfortable with close friends, that little side of me definitely comes out, and I remember how good that felt when I found some close friends in middle school. We'd actually play pretend and my character was the baby so it was pretty easy to feel little in that role without me even being aware of what littlespace was at the time. I do find how I approach littlespace on my own vs when I'm around my daddy to be different than one another, interestingly.
That being said it's not impossible to explore and enjoy your own littlespace on your own. I can understand it being more difficult and awkward, tho. Maybe in time you'll be able to recognize something that just sends you into the headspace. When I just can't seem to get myself to relax and regress, I put on the thickest diapee I can and that basically gives me no choice but to feel little. I wonder if maybe there's something you'll find in time that can help you along the way while you're exploring on your own!
Plus while littlespace is different for everyone, while being little and innocent can be a vulnerable thing in general to some, it's not just that. It's supposed to be happy and care free and just...nice! It can take time to get used to especially if you're already a very self-critical person. There's no rush tho, just take your time and try to figure it out with yourself without getting too discouraged!! (Way easier said than done, I know tho haha)

I get touchy feely while in littlespace I sometimes think maybe that’s why my first daddy tried to have sex with me that he misunderstood the signals. I’m then reminded that he knew I was that way by my current daddy. I don’t know where all this affectionate littleism comes from as growing up my own father was distant even before my mom died and then I was nonexistent after that. It’s hard for me to be fully vulnerable even to this day because I’m still afraid of being hurt. I knew from an early age my father wanted a girl and when that finally happened I ceased to exist to him and my extended family. With the help of my current daddy I’m beginning to be more vulnerable in that he’s changed me a few times and made it an enjoyable experience

Reactions: Elmo and lilbabyjooce
lilbabyjooce said:
Those "bigger" emotions of neediness and openness and just being too small for my own good are certainly exemplified in littlespace, tho.
This made me have a light bulb moment. In little space, my emotions are just heightened overall.

I'm way more happier in little space. There isn't anything as refreshing and therapeutic as little space for me. However, as per the examples in the post, I'm also more likely to cry in little space.

When in little space, not only are the positive emotions stronger, but also the negative ones. This explains a lot, lol.

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like my emotions, especially my adult emotions, don´t go to "little space" with me and make me feel so overwhelmed that I do cry. Hugging Moo, my plushie cow, usually helps, as well as sucking my paci but then I bounce to short moments of self awareness in which I say to myself "you do not look cute in any way whatsoever doing this; you´re in your mid 30´s and you´re trying to pass as a scared 4 year old" ... but then I complete that with "but nobody´s watching; it hurts nobody; it´s nobody´s business and you´re doing this because you love yourself". That´s why this is so private and sharing this requires the hightest levels of love and intimacy. And trust!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mickey and Diaperedforsuresince17
When I am "Little", I am quite vulnerable.
In real life growing up I experienced a lot of trauma.

When I'm little, I'm very giggly and babbly, at the same time, I'm very vulnerable and clingy.

Back