eBay Account suspended for ABDL items

keepdownlow

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everybody, would anybody happen to know why my eBay account would be taken down? I made an account yesterday to sell these vintage Goodnites from 2006 and 2007 that I happened to stumble upon and purchased. Today, I received an email saying my account has been permanently suspended. I am guessing that I violated their policy but other ABDLs have their vintage diapers listed on eBay as well and their accounts seem to have no issues.

Please let me know, thank you. Screenshot_20220323-010110.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
That's odd... Have you received anything telling you what terms and conditions you've breached? Were the photos just of the items or were they being worn?
As you say there's lots of similar items on eBay for sale so there must be a reason why yours has been highlighted as an issue

They were just photos of the Goodnites themselves. They were completely unopened so there was no way I could have worn them. Prior to listing, there was a prompt that stated I couldn't list the item as it was considered price gouging. I originally listed them under the category "Disposable Diapers" but then changed it to "Other diapering". It seemed to work and I was able to list. There were no issues until now obviously.

Just found this...

What is the policy?​

• Items that are considered essential must be offered at a reasonable price
  • Inflating the price of goods in response to an emergency or disaster is not allowed
  • eBay may restrict the sale of items that are susceptible to price gouging behaviour - for example, by only allowing items to be sold by authorised sellers
  • Sellers must follow all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the sale of their items
Likely that they're considered as "essential items" the price needs to be fair however the fact they're vintage and valuable to a collector they'd no doubt be worth more than normal ones.
Might be worth trying to challenge it in some way

Reactions: Luvshugs and keepdownlow
Huh, so I guess they somewhat did have grounds for suspension then. Regardless, I personally feel as though the moderator or whomever responsible for checking posts should have known by the description and title that they were collectors' diapers, as ridiculous as that sounds to those outside of the ABDL community.

They've no doubt just seen them as the sort that are readily available in stores and think you're trying to inflate the price rather than collectors items. Does seem unfair, but then only those in the ABDL community would know their true value!

Reactions: keepdownlow
And yet others on eBay sell vintage diapers and make bank. I don't get it. If that is why you were suspended, perhaps the other vintage diaper vendors should be flagged, too. eBay needs to see a bigger picture than just this.

• Thinking
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and keepdownlow
keepdownlow said:
Hello everybody, would anybody happen to know why my eBay account would be taken down? I made an account yesterday to sell these vintage Goodnites from 2006 and 2007 that I happened to stumble upon and purchased. Today, I received an email saying my account has been permanently suspended. I am guessing that I violated their policy but other ABDLs have their vintage diapers listed on eBay as well and their accounts seem to have no issues.

Please let me know, thank you. View attachment 74422
put them on Amazon

I've have issues in the past selling items due to using "bad" keywords.
Using the term "ABDL" or "Adult Baby" on Ebay in the title or description has gotten me into trouble.

Note: "vintage" is generally reserved for items 25+ years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, keepdownlow and BobbiSueEllen
KitsuneFox said:
I've have issues in the past selling items due to using "bad" keywords.
Using the term "ABDL" or "Adult Baby" on Ebay in the title or description has gotten me into trouble.

Note: "vintage" is generally reserved for items 25+ years old.
This ☝️ Don’t use the terms ABDL or such and you should be fine. I sold some stuff in the past…and got flagged for that reason. Change the text and you should be fine.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
And yet others on eBay sell vintage diapers and make bank. I don't get it. If that is why you were suspended, perhaps the other vintage diaper vendors should be flagged, too. eBay needs to see a bigger picture than just this.
I wouldn't wish for others to be flagged for the same reason though. I like that I can browse eBay for throwback diapers and purchase them if I wanted to.

I actually strayed away from using any ABDL terminology. I just mentioned the particular designs of the Goodnites and which year they were from. I probably just didn't have much of a reputation yet with eBay to be seemingly "price gouging" diapers.

keepdownlow said:
I wouldn't wish for others to be flagged for the same reason though. I like that I can browse eBay for throwback diapers and purchase them if I wanted to.
I guess the deal here is how internet gods like eBay, Facebook, Google, et al are going overzealot with their so-called "Codes of Morality" where none such existed a decade back and their common response was "it's the internet; deal with it". Facebook & Google are tightening the net every month, it seems...kinda like on Facebook, where your account can get jailed up for implying--on their terms, basically--how words you use seem racist but on the other hand people there can use the 5- or 6-letter N-word and Facebook does nothing, saying "The Rules were not violated". It's hypocrisy, really. I guess "Playing God" is their sport.

• Thinking
Reactions: Hockeyczar and Deleted member 56273
BobbiSueEllen said:
I guess the deal here is how internet gods like eBay, Facebook, Google, et al are going overzealot with their so-called "Codes of Morality" where none such existed a decade back and their common response was "it's the internet; deal with it". Facebook & Google are tightening the net every month, it seems...kinda like on Facebook, where your account can get jailed up for implying--on their terms, basically--how words you use seem racist but on the other hand people there can use the 5- or 6-letter N-word and Facebook does nothing, saying "The Rules were not violated". It's hypocrisy, really. I guess "Playing God" is their sport.
Eh, I don't think ebay really cares. I mean, what do they directly gain from preventing people doing business on their site.
This kind of stuff is the result of legislation and pressure from large organizations/rights holders/etc, and occasionally PR.
That it is applied unfairly is usually not malice, it's greed. They want to spend the least amount of money enforcing whatever they are being pressured or outright forced to enforce. This usually means automating as much of it as they can, and having the rest done by as cheap a labour force as they can gather.

This is probably what others have said. They are being pressured to do something about price gouging, so they probably implemented a combination of automated filters against certain key words (diaper, etc), and a min wage workforce to manually review stuff.

These companies aren't out to get you. They don't want to police your kinks or enforce their views of morality on you. They just want to make money. Everything else is a side effect.

Last edited:
LittleScotty said:
Just found this...

What is the policy?​

• Items that are considered essential must be offered at a reasonable price
  • Inflating the price of goods in response to an emergency or disaster is not allowed
  • eBay may restrict the sale of items that are susceptible to price gouging behaviour - for example, by only allowing items to be sold by authorised sellers
  • Sellers must follow all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the sale of their items
Likely that they're considered as "essential items" the price needs to be fair however the fact they're vintage and valuable to a collector they'd no doubt be worth more than normal ones.
Might be worth trying to challenge it in some way
This policy is an effective countermeasure to combat price gouging as part of eBay's response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

eBay has banned disposable baby diapers from their inventory in addition to masks, sanitizers and other articles. If you accidentally placed your item into a restricted category, they're chances for which you've been flagged for some reason. It's possible to submit an appeal request in order to lift the ban and restore your account.

It appears that eBay has further tightened their policies.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
contact eBay for business on Facebook

Back