Dune Part 2

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I've been waiting a long time (well since part 1 at least) for this movie to come out and it finally released on Friday.

So I set myself a reward today if I get up and do some things at home that I've been putting off and procrastinating about for a couple weeks I can go see it, Well I got my work done and booked a ticket, my Local cinema had 1-2 start times for it every hour from 12:00 and every one of them basically only had 2-5 seats left mostly in the saver section right at the front (ewww).

I found one that had a single seat, back row, right in the centre and jumped on it.

Verdict... (As someone who has read the books multiple times since childhood).

Well worth the watch, Part 1 a couple years ago was a good adaptation and stuck fairly well to the books (at least the spirit of the story), good action scenes Great worms, sets and props look as expected/imagined. Part 2 expands and improves on all of that. There was a bunch of things changed or cut (like Alia not being born) but again for the sheer size and scope of the novels Villeneuve did a fantastic job.

With a runtime of 2 hours and 46 minutes it almost rivals Avatar: way of water for length so I would highly advise anyone going to see it to do as I did and go padded. 😁

Reactions: Cottontail
Very good to hear. I’m looking forward to watching it, though I may stream it instead of going to the theater. I thought the first part was great.

Reactions: Belarin
Back