Duct tape

MichiganDL89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone use it for extra measure on their diapers or when diapering someone else?

Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx
It depends. If it's a good diaper with good tapes, it is almost never necessary. However, on bad tapes, it can help a ton.

Reactions: Ilovewetdiapers4200
I only use duct tape or packing tape after a tape has failed. I don't use extra tape before a failure.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and justanotherDL
On my nighttime diaper, I’ll use duct tape over tape tabs to prevent migration while I sleep 🛌

I will often repair a diaper when the tape rips or it doesnt adhere to well. Ill use white duct tape to blend with the color of the diaper and trim it to match the size of the original tape.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and SecrertSissy
Usually I only use it for repairs and such, but years ago, before I got the hang of landing zone-free diapers like Abenas, I’d use duct tape to make a landing zone so I could refasten as need be without tearing the plastic shell. Honestly though, I just stick to diapers with landing zones. It makes things a lot easier.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Duct tape is "the handyman's secret weapon."

• Love
I use it when I know the tapes are unreliable or when they popped twice.
I also use it to tape the sleeve i make for insertion of a booster through the plastic backing

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and justanotherDL
I taped the tabs and front of the previous brand that I used. I switched to trying to ABU BareBum which are solid and fit amazingly well.

Needs to be white though

• Love
I love to use duct tape on my diapers, to pretend I've been punished and the duct tape was added to make sure I don't take the diaper off, I usually get my duct tape at the dollar store (Dollarama in Quebec) they have a choice of 4-5 plain colors of it, I sometimes love to choose one, but I prefer white duct tape, its the one that match closest to my diapers.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and NinjaPizza
Some times to extend the tapes of baby diapers.

I use duck brand white duct tape. Narrow band to keep leg gatherings snug all day. And at waist for same purpose.

• Love
I’ve used the duct tape with designs to make a landing zone on plain abena diapers. Much cheaper than the diapers made for ABDLs and those abenas hold a ton!

one time the plastic right by the tape on the wing tore a little when i tried to pull the tape on too tightly, but once i got the tape down, scotch tape held the tear together.

Back