Don't need but do need

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I need my diapers more now than what I used to. I would wear at work and when I was going to be away from home so I don't have to worry about making it to the bathroom without falling.
My problem at this point is (and before you all say I should save for diapers). Money is really tight at the moment. Trying to pay bills off and pay for fixing my car before it comes up for inspection. I also have to pay the yearly taxes for owning the car.
It's only about $80 but still.
Just venting I guess but I am not sure I can afford to put money aside for the next month.
Hugs Lilshelly

Reactions: Diprs2
Are you incontinent or do you just like wearing diapers?

Reactions: Diprs2 and Tommy10
Sophy said:
Are you incontinent or do you just like wearing diapers?
See? That's gonna be a difficult question for her to answer. There's a functional impairment there, for sure. Her cerebral palsy makes it hard to get to the bathroom, if it's not nearby, and she's fallen trying to get there, a bunch. There are times she can make it several hours without a pee, and then there are other times she pees several times in one hour. That several times in one hour thing sounds like me when my bladder spasms.

I can attest to the fact that having a functional element to one's IC, can make said IC person wonder if he or she is IC at all, make Shelly wonder how to answer you truthfully, because I question sometimes if I'm IC, or just lazy, annnd then I'll leak on the floor, right next to the toilet, before my CP will let me sit down, or my bladder will spasm and I'll leak, or I'll leak as I fall and bust my butt, trying to transfer with a painful, spastic bladder, to the toilet, and know, there's no possible way I'd do that on purpose, even as a Little bABy girl.

Shelly, you're not crazy. You're need is functional, but it's still real. I don't mean to put words in your mouth, or to answer your questions for you. I just know reiterating can get annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, WendyLittle and Pino
Ok I’m really sorry I didn’t know about her condition but thanks for answering.
I asked because if it’s because of a medical condition, like in her case, shouldn’t medical diapers be free for her to buy?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
See? That's gonna be a difficult question for her to answer. There's a functional impairment there, for sure. Her cerebral palsy makes it hard to get to the bathroom, if it's not nearby, and she's fallen trying to get there, a bunch. There are times she can make it several hours without a pee, and then there are other times she pees several times in one hour. That several times in one hour thing sounds like me when my bladder spasms.

I can attest to the fact that having a functional element to one's IC, can make said IC person wonder if he or she is IC at all, make Shelly wonder how to answer you truthfully, because I question sometimes if I'm IC, or just lazy, annnd then I'll leak on the floor, right next to the toilet, before my CP will let me sit down, or my bladder will spasm and I'll leak, or I'll leak as I fall and bust my butt, trying to transfer with a painful, spastic bladder, to the toilet, and know, there's no possible way I'd do that on purpose, even as a Little bABy girl.

Shelly, you're not crazy. You're need is functional, but it's still real. I don't mean to put words in your mouth, or to answer your questions for you. I just know reiterating can get annoying.
I’m sorry if I sounded rude or something. I’m just trying to understand the situation and maybe if possible help. But if that constant “reiterating” is annoying I’ll just stop asking.

Sophy said:
Ok I’m really sorry I didn’t know about her condition but thanks for answering.
I asked because if it’s because of a medical condition, like in her case, shouldn’t medical diapers be free for her to buy?
The thing is, yes, the government will pay for diapers, but there's a ton of red tape, and the absolute Cadillac of state-paid diapers is Tranquility ATN, so, there's a lot of people with genuine need, who pay, because when they pay, they get better diapers.
Sophy said:
I’m sorry if I sounded rude or something. I’m just trying to understand the situation and maybe if possible help. But if that constant “reiterating” is annoying I’ll just stop asking.
Oh, no. Sophy, you're fine, dearheart. It's not your job to know everything. I just know she has CP because Shelly and I are friends. It's not you that's annoying. Typing can just hurt your hands with CP. That gets annoying, not you, dear. I answered for Shelly, which I hope didn't tick her off, to save her a bit of pain from typing. You didn't do anything wrong, sophy.

Last edited:
To answer your question I have Cerebral palsy that I was born with it affects my legs and makes it not so easy to get around. I don't get any kind of aid from the government or state because according to them I can continue to work just as I always have. If I want to get anything at this point such as disability I would have to first actually go to the doctor and get him to back up the fact that it is not easy for me to work anymore.
It makes no sense to me that I have a documented disability but because I can work I get no help for needs that may come up such as the diapers.

• Sad
Sophy, just so you know, this is the second thread I've seen from Shelly with this title. That's why I was a bit concerned, and honestly, confused, and thought she'd appreciate me filling you in some. Typing can be painful. Constant pain is annoying. You are not annoying.

Reactions: Diprs2 and WendyLittle
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
The thing is, yes, the government will pay for diapers, but there's a ton of red tape, and the absolute Cadillac of state-paid diapers is Tranquility ATN, so, there's a lot of people with genuine need, who pay, because when they pay, they get better diapers.
Oh, no. Sophy, you're fine, dearheart. It's not your job to know everything. I just know she has CP because Shelly and I are friends. It's not you that's annoying. Typing can just hurt your hands with CP. That gets annoying, not you, dear. I answered for Shelly, which I hope didn't tick her off, to save her a bit of pain from typing. You didn't do anything wrong, sophy.
Ok thanks, sorry for my misunderstanding.
And yeah I totally get what you mean now, I’m extremely sorry to hear that.

• Love
I know this thread is 2 years old, but maybe consider cloth diapers? If you do it right, you can do it on a budget. Flat and contour diapers on adultclothdiaper.com are only 20 dollars a piece, plus shipping.

Reactions: Diprs2 and lilshelly
Rather than dredging up all these threads from three years ago, it's generally better to start a new topic if you want to discuss something. Necroposting leads to confusion about which threads are current and which are old, and people end up wasting a lot of time writing advice to people who will never see it because they haven't logged in for years.

If you don't want to start a new discussion, you can usually find a recent thread. The same topics always seem to come up regularly - it's rare to find a topic that hasn't been discussed in the last few months. :D

Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2, WendyLittle and 1 other person
I have been buying my diapers at thrift stores, for the last few years. I don't always get the brands I would like, but at less than on third of the retail price, you can save a lot of money.

SuLiWan said:
I know this thread is 2 years old, but maybe consider cloth diapers? If you do it right, you can do it on a budget. Flat and contour diapers on adultclothdiaper.com are only 20 dollars a piece, plus shipping.
I have considered cloth diapers at home but don't know that I trust them when I am out. I have tried the cloth like backed diapers and they failed. But I will give it a look.

ltaluv said:
Rather than dredging up all these threads from three years ago, it's generally better to start a new topic if you want to discuss something. Necroposting leads to confusion about which threads are current and which are old, and people end up wasting a lot of time writing advice to people who will never see it because they haven't logged in for years.

If you don't want to start a new discussion, you can usually find a recent thread. The same topics always seem to come up regularly - it's rare to find a topic that hasn't been discussed in the last few months. :D
I agree with you but I am still an active member and appreciate the direct input and support.

Lol! "Necroposting"

It's my post
You have a problem with it you don't have to respond lol

Last edited:
Easy now jelly bean! I was just laughing at necroposting. I found it clever and cute!

It's okay no harm meant. But as I said I like feedback even if it is on an old post. :p

Back