Does the way people see/treat you change when when they know you're an adult baby?

littleBabyJojo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So far everyone I told I was an ABDL got mad at me either when I told them or when I started getting annoyed because they were treating me like an alien.
I really want to know if there is any chance someone will accept it without changing the way they see me.

Reactions: rocketman
Don't think theres really any way for someone to not see you different unless its another ABDL friend.

You might have someone close to you who starts getting really "interested" in you after you tell them about it.
Some people are just attracted to unique fetishes or lifestyles.

Reactions: zaronab
only when I have been with a caregiver in puplick and in little space

I had people talk over me. which was cool at the time as it keeped me in little space.

most of my freands know about my little side so not sure if they are treating me diferanty. dont think so.

For me, everyone knows and nobody cares with love and understanding. I'm little most of the time now. Everyone was excepting who I was except me for the longest time. The key is excepting yourself before others can except you. I'm sorry you had a bad experience from your friends, they don't understand, someday they might. But think of it this way, you're educating them. They may not except you, but they might run across another ABDL one day making life easier for them.

Unless someone is open about their kinks I find it best not to discuss mine

Reactions: armydipr
No one I've told has treated me differently, but after telling them I dont bring it up often or act little around them.

Thanks for your answers. I suppose I shouldn't assume that everyone acts the same, I really just decided to ask this because the other day my best friend brought it up to me that I act differently when I'm happy and I get really clingy when I'm sad or tired, and I got so scared to lose her that I said that was my personality. But we have known each other for a long time so she could see I wanted to say something else and started pressuring me until I just left. But after I read your answers I realized that giving a name to something doesn't change it. I told her and she is still my friend. I think the other people I told it to already had some problem with it or something... I really don't know.
But thanks for making me realize this.

My wearing started from a spinal injury years ago. When my family and friends found out they at first treated me like I was delicate. Since then they have grown used to my diapers. I understood their attitudes and reasons. It took me over a year with therapy to get used to wearing them. Why should I expect others to accept right away.

I think that people tend to forget the small things in our lives over a long period of time. More than likely, they'll think less of it as time passes.

My friend knows and has treated me exactly the same which is great. I’m really lucky to have a friend like him.

Mine is different. I am cared for by several different people and I enjoy the care. They don't know I am regressed in my head as well as my body.

In the case of a fetish, it is hard for vanilla people to understand.

Sometimes they understand, but simply feel very awkward knowing about their friend's or family member's fetish.

Abdl goes a bit further though than other fetishes, which wierds some people out even more.

Societies and cultures all across the world place tremendous pride and importance on the concept of becoming a "man" or a "woman". "coming of age", as it's called. Our fetish can be seen as subverting (if only partially) this sacred value. This will freak some people out, sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously.

Also many people think abdl is sexual (and it is for many). The combination of sexual activity coupled with early childhood paraphernalia can give some people the wrong idea... better safe than sorry is their policy towards their children, and rightfully so.

I think the key to get people to be understanding is primarily for them to be invested In you and for you to communicate.

For instance, parents are usually very invested in their children. If they find out about this they will often be shocked, but they will not disown you or permantly avoid you.

They may be worried about you, but that's where comunication comes in. It's seldom easy, but usually worth it.

And you have to try to think about things from the perspectives of your friends and family that you told. It's okay for them to be weirded out by something they don't understand; this is a natural and often healthy human instinct, because we have no control over what we don't understand. It's your job to communicate with them and help them understand (and again, I know, easier said than done. Why is communication so damn difficult!?!).

You will almost never get people not invested in you to understand: 2nd tier friends, strangers, your fellow church goers, etc. They just aren't invested. The minute you get too wierd for their comforts they will drop you like a hot potato.

And they aren't jerks for doing this. They only have so much time and risk tolerance in their lives. And they have their own set of people that they are invested in.

Either way, good luck. I hope you can get those you love dearly to understand if you feel that's neccessary.

On another note though, remember that understanding is not binary. Your abdl is just one part of you. Your friends and family already understand most of you through the actions and choices you make every day.

Only 2 people know this about me my wife and my niece. My wife treats me like a “little” when I am in that mode. My niece has been wonderful about it all, she has not pulled out the “10 foot pole” and we still have great conversations just like we did before.

littleBabyJojo said:
So far everyone I told I was an ABDL got mad at me either when I told them or when I started getting annoyed because they were treating me like an alien.
I really want to know if there is any chance someone will accept it without changing the way they see me.
My ex-girlfriend was om with me wearing, but when it came to participating, she said she couldn't "see me that way."

I wonder if people react negatively when and AB/DL person outs themselves because they are turned off by someone wearing diapers and acting like a baby, or if they're turned off because the person shared something which they felt shouldn't have been shared. If someone told you every detail about having sex with their spouse, wouldn't you be weirded out? I would.

dogboy said:
I wonder if people react negatively when and AB/DL person outs themselves because they are turned off by someone wearing diapers and acting like a baby, or if they're turned off because the person shared something which they felt shouldn't have been shared. If someone told you every detail about having sex with their spouse, wouldn't you be weirded out? I would.

That's a good point that I had not thought of previously. It's hard to know the REAL reason someone gets turned-off by something.

No one knows that I am an AB, except my wife and I'd like to keep it that way. A lot of people would probably call me someone who acts young for my age, yeah, so what?

I'm not sure the motivation for explicitly telling others about this part of you. Where's the benefit in that unless they have already shown that they are completely accepting of adult baby behaviors and lifestyles. If that's not the case, I can imagine many ways, especially in our intolerant good ole US of A, where things can go very wrong.

Last edited:
robertabdl74 said:
Unless someone is open about their kinks I find it best not to discuss mine
Strongly agree

Back