Does anyone use diaper wraps with cloth diapers?

KechoDrips

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was considering a pair of these to use overnight with cloth prefolds.

Does anyone wear something similar? How well does it resist leaking and smelling versus normal plastic pants?

Reactions: oldskool, Edgewater and Cottontail
KechoDrips said:
Does anyone wear something similar? How well does it resist leaking and smelling versus normal plastic pants?
I've love mine! I've been using these regularly for about a year. I have two of the hook-and-loop and four of the snap-on. Mine are from Rearz, so they're basically just printed versions of that InControl wrap. I've come to prefer the snaps to the velcro. I think they're going to last longer, and it's easy to change in any position and get a perfect fit because I know what snap positions to use.

Anyway, so I mostly wear these with the size XS/Youth prefolds. I've had very few accidents, but then I'm usually only in diapers during the day, when I'm up and about. I imagine they'd do well for bedwetting unless you're a side-sleeper. Definitely a pull-on cover and a fastened prefold will be better for side-sleeping.

Smells? Well, they're more breathable than regular plastic pants, so... 🤷 Yes, you will smell urine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanakies, oldskool, Edgewater and 2 others
I bought 2 pair on Rearz Black Friday sale and I'm disappointed in them they don't seem to have enough coverage in the front, crotch, rear, and especially the sides. I tried them with my pin on prefolds, also with their training pants and booster. I can snap them almost to the center snaps so I don't think they're to small for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone have suggestions to make these work better?

Incontinent2 said:
Does anyone have suggestions to make these work better?
They really aren’t intended to cover a pinned prefold. Rather, like the diaper wraps for babies, they’re meant to have a pad simply laid in them. My recommendation for them is a size XS/Youth prefold. Just turn the sides in to make a long pad, lie it in the wrap, put it on.

Reactions: Edgewater and Incontinent2
Cottontail said:
They really aren’t intended to cover a pinned prefold. Rather, like the diaper wraps for babies, they’re meant to have a pad simply laid in them. My recommendation for them is a size XS/Youth prefold. Just turn the sides in to make a long pad, lie it in the wrap, put it on.
Thank you.

Reactions: Edgewater
For easy, I try not to over think the basic pre-folded cloth diaper and the traditional plastic pant with front leg openings. Since I am a active sleeper and out and about can become so unpredictable, I go for the most reliable combination as it simplifies what I carry in my diaper bag and what I keep in stock.

The hook-and-loop product has opportunities but also specific applications. Fundamentally, they are designed for quick, easy change and work best as defined by Cottontail

To be honest I've never really considered a cloth diaper. Though they might work fine (or great), I consider BM accidents while sleeping to be an issue.
During the rest of the day with no more BM accidents, cloth diapers might be considered. But I admit I'm too lazy. I've considered a disposable "liner" that would work without washing a dirty diaper. Still to be known. Still looking.

I have a very old wrap that I used to use that is similar to the incontrol one without the rise adjustments and no inner gussets just flat plastic with a fancy patterned cotton outer it worked well enough with the right amount of padding and that's the key too little and it will probably leak due to not enough capacity, too much and it might leak due to pressure and gaps created.

sadly can't fit into them anymore with enough layers to function correctly would love to get some of these or some from rearz unfortunately the price of the wrap is £18 but the shipping is £41 o_O:mad:

I recently started using them for my Little. But I also used them for my actual kids too without any problems too. You need to change them more often, you need a decent system in place for storage and washing - that will depend a bit on how often you use them and how many you get through. You don't really smell the urine unless you take a while to change them, well I don't anyway. It's when you store them before washing them that you are likely to bild up smell. But top tip if you are a gardener. If the insert is just wet, no poop, put the wet inserts in a bucket of water with a lid and soak for a bit prior to washing (no detergent or anything). Then you use the "urine water" as fertiliser in your garden. It contains a lot of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous. Plants love it :D. And that's my hippy earth mother tip of the day :D

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, Belarin, oldskool and 1 other person
Back