Does Anyone Else Here Get Tired of Nappies

Adair37 said:
Today when my wife changed me I really wanted to stop her. I have times since hospital when I really HATE wearing nappies and the necessary plastic pants. I'm not even free at bedtime because I don't wake up to pee like I used to before surgery but just wet. And I hate it.
My wife has been marvellous and really helps turning my ic into a game - or more than a game by babying me - which often goes further but sometimes that doesn't help as I still find the 4 times a day ritual hard to adjust to. I guess these are early days . . . . . .:(
Yes your experience is very similar to mine, I'm not sure I should have said Hate. It's mostly when I need changing and because those are the ways of our relationship I have to ask my Mummy. This simply describes our relationship and doesn't vary. And I hated breaking into what I was doing to Say 'Mummy my nappy is wet'. It was the third time that day and it seemed one time too many in the morning. But J just said "Poor Baby go upstairs and I'll be up to make you lovely and dry" We have a complete Mummy/Baby relationship that is possible after years of adaptation.

Reactions: Diprs2
Yes I get tired of it. Financially especially. I spend probably about $200 or so a month on diapers. I also enjoy my freedom that moment that I get into the shower. Sometimes on weekends I'll go diaperless while I'm working around my house (outside) and just throw my wet pants in the wash later.

I've been wearing diapers on and off my entire life. I have some envy for other people that don't have bladder and bowel frequency and urgency. It seems like almost everyone else, but me. I know that's not true, but it seems that way. I like my diapers, but I also wish I didn't have to wear them all the time. They are expensive and can be inconvenient at times. Such is life.

I recently purchased a ton of Rearz printed diapers, as I was running low and they had a fabulous sale on Black Friday. Hurray! Thank you Rearz! When I feel like my diapers are getting me a little down, I change (pun intended) to a different style. It helps I think. I've worn at least 80 different kinds of diapers for the last 50 + years. And, today there are so many more kinds than they used to be. So sally forth my diapered friends and keep your heads up and your butts diapered. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and jasonm03
Adair37 said:
I've only been incontinent for a few months; after surgery. I was told it might happen but was still shocked when it did. I said to my wife - in the early days I didn't like it at all. I couldn't get used to suddenly being wet with no warning. So I accepted that it was the way it was and wouldn't change. My wife, who had done some searching online found adisc and shared it with me. At the same time she ordered a case of Tykables
Unicorn and threw out the Depends. Now, though it's hard to explain, we have changed in the way we relate and it's for the best.
I should, to be completely honest say it seemed like Karma. I'd been deliberately wetting because I like to and then after the surgery they told me. My wife just grinned and said - well you will be able to do all sorts of things now because you really ARE a baby. We didn't miss the irony. And in may ways I have regressed some since that day.
mayhem said:
Yes I get tired of it. Financially especially. I spend probably about $200 or so a month on diapers. I also enjoy my freedom that moment that I get into the shower. Sometimes on weekends I'll go diaperless while I'm working around my house (outside) and just throw my wet pants in the wash later.
That all sounds like me. .

[Or even just ge Pt up and answer the door. Everyday I wake up wet and loaded then have to shower and put on a fresh diaper knowing I’ll. Have to change my pants again in a couple hours.

OQUOTE="Adair37, post: 1831992, member: 54319"]
Today when my wife changed me I really wanted to stop her. I have times since hospital when I really HATE wearing nappies and the necessary plastic pants. I'm not even free at bedtime because I don't wake up to pee like I used to before surgery but just wet. And I hate it.
My wife has been marvellous and really helps turning my ic into a game - or more than a game by babying me - which often goes further but sometimes that doesn't help as I still find the 4 times a day ritual hard to adjust to. I guess these are early days . . . . . .:(
[/QUOTE]
jasonm03 said:
There are mornings when I wake up and I’m changing that I wish I could just put my jeans and just go about my day. Before I started wearing diapers I went commando and some days I really miss it. I have accepted that this is my life and I try no to project into the future I try to live life one day at a time it helps to keep me sane.

Fullpants said:
[Or even just ge Pt up and answer the door. Everyday I wake up wet and loaded then have to shower and put on a fresh diaper knowing I’ll. Have to change my pants again in a couple hours.tedious

Yes it can get tedious like any oft repeated action. I don't often use Plastic Pants because a good nappy usually does the job - though I'd wear plastic if out fo a long period. Like anything you have to do there are times when it seems just too damned much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surgery went well but peeing slow and painful - but when I want.
Hope it continues well.

mayhem said:
Yes the financial side is steep but I don't want cheaper nappies - now they are worn strictly for pleasure - to be baby Kimi

Fullpants said:
[Or even just ge Pt up and answer the door. Everyday I wake up wet and loaded then have to shower and put on a fresh diaper knowing I’ll. Have to change my pants again in a couple hours.

[/QUOTE]
I am NOT a great fan of Plastic Pants like some are.

Sometimes I feel angry inside that I have to wear diapers, but I accept having to be in diapers 24/7.

Reactions: Diprs2, jasonm03 and trekkyfrom21st
Kymi said:
Back in 1999 I started wetting myself but lost my self confidence. I saw a neurosurgeon and I was diagnosed with a bulging disc. I went back into wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants as the bulging disc can cause problems. I am happy. I got my self confidence back which meant I could get on with my life. just remember you're not the only one who requires to wear nappies. Take care

Last edited:
Kymi said:
I really feel for you, it must be a real struggle, especially when you read stories like my own , where I just want to wear a nappy because I can and not because I have to, it’s also great that you have someone there who’s looking after you, she deserves a medal, for me it’s also nice to know, that you take the time to remind us all that there are people out there, with all sorts of issues and when you share these issues, I hope in some way it makes things a little easier to cope

Back