Doctor appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suomynona

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I had a doctor appointment today unrelated to incontinence. This was my first time in the office since my doctor prescribed me diapers in May. My regular doctor was out on maternity.

Anyway during the exam the doctor had to pull up my shirt to listen to my breathing and inevitably saw my diaper sticking out of the top of my pants. No big deal as it is documented in my chart. She didn’t even make mention. She then listen to my gut sounds as I am having digestive issues. Finally she gently presses my upper thigh which had me puzzled with what that had to do with digestion. When I got to the car I pressed in the same spot to figure out what she may have been doing and only then realized she was checking if my diaper was wet. It was all very professional and I have no complaints. I was dry but now I am curious what she would have said if I was wet.

Suomynona said:
I had a doctor appointment today unrelated to incontinence. This was my first time in the office since my doctor prescribed me diapers in May. My regular doctor was out on maternity.

Anyway during the exam the doctor had to pull up my shirt to listen to my breathing and inevitably saw my diaper sticking out of the top of my pants. No big deal as it is documented in my chart. She didn’t even make mention. She then listen to my gut sounds as I am having digestive issues. Finally she gently presses my upper thigh which had me puzzled with what that had to do with digestion. When I got to the car I pressed in the same spot to figure out what she may have been doing and only then realized she was checking if my diaper was wet. It was all very professional and I have no complaints. I was dry but now I am curious what she would have said if I was wet.
If you're having digestive problems a dr pressing on your abdomen is totally normal

SparkyDog said:
If you're having digestive problems a dr pressing on your abdomen is totally normal
Right. I expected that. It was pressing where my thigh meets my diaper that was surprising.

Suomynona said:
Right. I expected that. It was pressing where my thigh meets my diaper that was surprising.
I am unsure why they pressed there and you might want to ask but I promise you 100% drs don't check if you're wet

They were probably feeling for a hernia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back