Do your relatives, friends know you're AB/DL?

I haven't told anyone, not even my closest friends. I think they just perceive me as being a bit nerdy/goofy when I post pictures of my latest plush hauls on Facebook. I'm okay with that and have no need to tell anyone about my lifestyle. I am kind of privileged though - living by myself, single since forever. But I must admit that I do worry a bit about what would happen if I met someone and entered a relationship, then I would eventually have to reveal my little secret (pun intended).
🦋

Disclaimer: faulty grammar may appear, English is not my first language.

Last edited:
No family/friends know, just the 3 partners who all accepted me and my kink and took part to varying degrees

Lynk said:
For me, very few know, however of the few I've told all have gone surprisingly well.
I have a close friend I met online back in middle school who knows and was actually the first person I talked to about it after he opened up about his fetishes. We did some roleplay for fun in high school, and after bringing up some ABDL themes in it I thought it was something I should bring up. I brought up the topic, said I was into it, and he was actually pretty curious. A bit of a tangent but I brought up how to fold towels to make a sorta makeshift prefold diaper and turns out he liked it enough to continue for a while. After high school, things tamed down and I think he kinda gave up on the kink after getting nervous about being associated with pedophilia, which is understandable. We still talk about kinks and stuff, though just whenever the subject comes up.

Another friend I told was actually a classmate of mine in high school. We met freshman year and got along pretty well. Fast-forward and we're about to graduate and head off to college. We had a small friend group of geeks and nerds and decided to do a pretty personal game of never have I ever. It was the last year and we probably wouldn't see each other again so what the heck, right? All is going well until my friend fesses to having a kink for pet play. While I'm not into it, it did give me the idea to make a collar for them, which, looking back on it was probably a really weird thing to do. But, they really liked it, and it prompted a conversation about kinks and it eventually came out that we both had a thing for ABDL. It's really uncomfortable to look back on, and I probably was a bit too enthusiastic, even if it was mutual, but it was my first time having someone in real life that I could actually talk to. I haven't heard from them since we graduated, but it was the first few weeks where I didn't feel like I was completely alone with this weird ABDL junk.

Lastly, family so storytime. I should preface by saying that my family is more liberal minded and that there was a reason for telling them. When I was about 13 I was in a very bad car crash. By some miracle my mom and I made it out okay, though the situation left an impact on me mentally. It was the first realization I had that any day I might not be around to see tomorrow. I knew I had these desires in me as far back as I can remember, and at that point more than ever I wanted to at least have a chance to indulge. However, as I was too young to be independent it would mean going behind my parent's back and hiding diapers in the house. It took a few months for me to consider what to do, and most of the advice I found said not to tell family. However, I'm very close with my parents and we had a lot of trust, and I really wanted to keep that trust. I weighed out the costs and benefits and decided it would be the right thing to tell them as long as I'm living under their roof.

I decided to start with my mom since we have the closest relationship. It was probably kinda dumb, but I scheduled a meeting in my room one night to tell her. I was so nervous about it, but I just wanted to get it out. And I did. I told her I like wearing diapers and her immediate reaction was relief of all things. Apparently she'd thought I was doing drugs or something, and hearing that I had a kink for diapers was a hell of a lot better. We had a good talk and I was able to share some resources with her to help explain what I couldn't. I also asked to see a therapist to help, which was also agreed on. The one thing I wanted to make clear though was that I was still the same person and that I wanted to still be treated the same as always. After the talk we agreed that she could tell my dad and brother, though I've never talked to them about it before.

To answer your questions:

-They let me indulge a fair bit, and it's normal to have a pacifier out on my nightstand from time to time, but I try to keep it as personal as possible. I can wear diapers around the house under my regular clothes, though I've mostly stopped doing this.

- As for involving my family in age play, that was a BIG no from the start, and I made sure to establish that. It's my weird thing and I don't want them involved. While I'm incredibly thankful for them, my situation, and how unbelievably well things have gone, I do not want them involved in this part of my life. It's not something they need to be involved in, and all I wanted was understanding and the freedom to indulge on my own.
Great that you let some close friends know when you wanted.

But you're also right in a way of keeping it personal.
It is exagerating the idea of involving the family even trusted parents in those intimacies.
When kids grow, they need to learn how to keep some privacy.

So once you told your mom, you concluded that you wouldn't need to hide AB stuff and diapers (and that she wouldn't mind finding them accidently).. even if you said that you stopped wearing?

tobey said:
Great that you let some close friends know when you wanted.

But you're also right in a way of keeping it personal.
It is exagerating the idea of involving the family even trusted parents in those intimacies.
When kids grow, they need to learn how to keep some privacy.

So once you told your mom, you concluded that you wouldn't need to hide AB stuff and diapers (and that she wouldn't mind finding them accidently).. even if you said that you stopped wearing?
We had to talk about it, but, basically yes. However, that's not to say I don't still hide stuff. Things like stuffed animals, certain pajamas, and maybe pacifiers are okay to have out in the open as I think they're the most acceptable or explainable. Things like abdl clothes that can't be excused as fun sleepwear, training pants, diapers, or any very clear indicators of the kink are things I'm sure to hide.

The way I see it freedom means responsibility. In this case, I have a responsibility for not making my parents uncomfortable. It's something I've had to get better at, but the freedom I've been given has been well worth it in accepting and working with what I've been given. And if you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them

My mom diapered me because of bedwetting until I was 17 and stopped and my two younger sisters of course knew at the time. But they thought I was out of diapers by the time I left for college. Many years later while traveling for work I stayed at my sisters for a couple of nights. By that time my fetish for loving to wear and wet diapers had become a strong part of my life. My sister, trying to be helpful, discovered my cloth diapers, rubber pants, pins,wipes and powder while unpacking my suitcase and when I arrived back from work later that evening asked to speak with me. We did and she wanted to know why I had diapers and rubber pants in my suitcase so I proceeded to disclose to her my life long lover of diapers and rubber pants and wetting, including the sexual aspects of diaper loving. She said she understood remembering how we were all diapered for bed for so long and especially me. After telling her this long and sometimes tortuous path, I felt so relieved that I finally told someone about the thing I often felt ashamed of or feared being discovered. We warmly embraced and I never felt closer to anyone and was so thankful she was so understanding and supportive. She told me if I wanted feel free to wear anytime I'm here with her so I went to my room, diapered myself and rejoined my sister for a glass of wine. I felt so wonderful and close to her. We hugged again, she kissed me, patted my bottom, winked and said good night. By the time I went to bed that evening my diapers were wet and I fell asleep quickly without changing. The next day I had to leave for the airport and thanked my sister again for being so loving and supportive. I know that sometime later she told our younger sister, who than called me and talked at length about our family diapering and bedwetting and my own struggle over how much I enjoyed and needed the security and comfort diapers and rubber pants provides me.

In time I did meet ladies who I disclosed my diaper loving to and that was hit or miss, mostly miss, until I divorced and retired many years ago and met the girl who became my lover, girlfriend, and confidant and shares all of my innermost diaper desires.

• Love
Reactions: mark58, Rezzu, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
After reading some things here and on internet I notice that I am not an abdl but have regressions in stressful times but I stayed because I learn a lot here, but none of my friends know or family either my therapist know about the pacifier use, the bedwetting but didn’t say anything she was okay with just told me that I have to control it so I can still work, have a regular life but she didn’t see as a bad thing
Well actually two friends know about the bedwetting one because she was upset and was the first time so I touch it would be a one time thing, so I said as a funny thing for her to laugh
And the other invited me to a sleepover since we are on vacation and I froze and just told her that could not because I was having nighttime accidents but I think they just thought that was a stress thing like it is because I am a really anxious person

Last edited:
tobey said:
I never told anyone about it except my psychiatrist.
2 days before 2019 Christmas, my mom found one of my soaked diapers in the kitchen trash. I told her it was for sexual reasons. Anyway I felt awfully ashamed that day and we never spoke about it then, which is okay for me but I don't think she takes it in a good way.

By relatives I mean parents/siblings/friends, if so:

- What was their reaction?
- How did they find out?

If your parents learned it in your childhood :

- Did they accept it and even let you grow with your Baby identity/items/habits. (diapers, clothings, pacifiers, toys)?
(- Did they decide sometimes to actually play the game of treating you like an infant?)

- Or they didn't approve that and implicate limits (confiscate items)?

I'm really curious about if AB/DL is generally implicated in families.
I told my dad when I was in high school cause I was suffering from some depression and anxiety and I wasn’t sure where my diaper feelings fit with all of it. I wanted to see a therapist for depression and anxiety but didn’t want to say anything about diapers. Anyway I told him how I felt one night and broke down crying. He was really kind and helped me see a psych. I couldn’t really talk about it with the psych cause it was so awkward but I got help for my other stuff.

Fast forward to about half a year ago and I was seeing a new psychologist to try to figure out my diaper feelings. I’d been suppressing them for so long, I’d never worn a diaper or anything up until this point cause I thought it was so wrong. Well, this psychologist recommended that it’s not super wrong and I could try it if that’s what I wanted. I ended up ordering my first sample pack of rearz that of course my dad intercepted when it came to the door. I’ve ordered lots more diapers and baby stuff since then and he’s been super accepting and helps me hide my deliveries from the rest of my family. He definitely doesn’t participate; I keep it private and he supports me in getting help.

I’m moving out in may for college and starting to see a new therapist for my Abdl side so I can do some self exploration and feel better with myself so I’m not sure where the Abdl stuff will go, but I’m optimistic :)

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy, Lyric, Azizi and 1 other person
Our friends and family know I'm incontinent due to my accident. They know I wear diapers 24/7, and are very supportive. There are a couple of good friends, and my fiance sister know of my AB side. Even thou they know this side of me all my toys are kepted in the closet. Bottles, baby cereal are in the kitchen cupboard. So if company comes over they do not see any of these things.

In our bedroom my fiance has a long dresser with all my onsies, and PJ's. She also keeps a couple packs of diapers on top with all my diapering supplies.
If I need to be changed while company is over I'm taken into the bedroom and changed with the door closed.

Only one person knows about my abdl side (beside my therapist, who hasn’t been the most informed about it tbh). This person and I used to date, and now we live together in a 1br apt, sleeping in the same bed. Our relationship started to change when I came out as trans, and when they cheated on me, but now we have a really strong friendship (and kind of "queer platonic partners").

I had a gap in abdl behavior for a few years (for the most part 😅) when I was in college/grad school/the year after, so I haven’t lived with anyone and worn regularly since high school (and my family probably has no idea as I was very careful). My mom tried to get me to see a therapist in middle school because of unending nausea, but I was terrified they would make me talk about diapers so I never went.

This past year when I started dealing with some PTSD-like symptoms related to childhood abuse, I started wearing again and revealed this part of myself to my ex (then partner), who was accepting. Though it did seem at least somewhat important for them to know it wasn’t sexual (it’s not), which I guess if it was, even in part, and I kept it to myself, wouldn’t that be my business?

Just the other day I showed them my pacifier, which I have subsequently used while sleeping for the past few days (which has been great!), and they were really kind about it. They basically said that it really didn’t affect them and they didn’t mind. I also explained my little/regressive side to them and they have been supportive in that too. After a number of conversations about expectations and boundaries we have had evenings when I’ve felt comfortable getting into little headspace, and those nights have been some of the most peaceful and relaxed I’ve felt in probably over a year. 😌

I haven’t told my ex about wetting, the onesie I want to buy, or the diapers I ordered (I’ve just had Goodnites since forever), and I probably won’t, but they did get me a Bluey (a show I love) plush for my birthday, so I really feel the support.

Sometimes at work I daydream about talking to another close friend about it, but my ex is really super supportive so I couldn’t ask for much more!

tobey said:
I never told anyone about it except my psychiatrist.
2 days before 2019 Christmas, my mom found one of my soaked diapers in the kitchen trash. I told her it was for sexual reasons. Anyway I felt awfully ashamed that day and we never spoke about it then, which is okay for me but I don't think she takes it in a good way.

By relatives I mean parents/siblings/friends, if so:

- What was their reaction?
- How did they find out?

If your parents learned it in your childhood :

- Did they accept it and even let you grow with your Baby identity/items/habits. (diapers, clothings, pacifiers, toys)?
(- Did they decide sometimes to actually play the game of treating you like an infant?)

- Or they didn't approve that and implicate limits (confiscate items)?

I'm really curious about if AB/DL is generally implicated in families.
I wish! lol would be nice to not hide it but then again it makes it fun. I’ve been caught wearing a bra once, pantries a couple times, and mascara the other night lol. But don’t think anyone has noticed my diaper

edit I did get caught in a onesie at work but they didn’t know about the diaper thankfully lol

Last edited:
Quite a few people know now - most of my recent and serious partners, three of my closest friends, plus a larger group from uni whom I’d prefer not to know but who found out as a result of drunken indiscretion. It’s caused some difficulties with a few of my partners and it’s slightly tricky with my wife. But it’s really not a huge deal now. My mother found out when I was a teenager as a result of a bedwetting incident (overdid hydration whilst wearing a diaper, couldn’t sleep in it, took it off, wet the bed - and there were more under the mattress). The rest of my family don’t know as far as I’m aware. I wouldn’t tell them.

My mom knows, she’s the one who has known from the start. I have a couple friend who i have told, but they haven’t seen my little side. Two have done some sewing for my, one fixed some onesies, one made my Pooh blanket... another friend i told when he asked about a photo gig i did in Chicago, I showed her my photos of me in my little outfit

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
I told my sister and had a really good discussion about my mental health. I’m not as subconscious about my diaper wearing habits as I use to be.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy, Lyric and RedPandaDL
Punished34 said:
I wish! lol would be nice to not hide it but then again it makes it fun. I’ve been caught wearing a bra once, pantries a couple times, and mascara the other night lol. But don’t think anyone has noticed my diaper

edit I did get caught in a onesie at work but they didn’t know about the diaper thankfully lol
Yeah! I also spent sleepless nights trying bras, dress mascara ans lipstick.. just Amazing how you could actually look like whole different person!💁‍♀️ and not just disguised guy.
My mom was on a two months trip so it made the game easier😉🥿👒

...also never got caught wearing diapers!

Pretty overall Punished34

Pretty sure that all my adult children now know. I hid this very effectively for all of their growing up years, but I know for a fact that both my sons know, as one got into my gym bag to prank me by stealing my keys while I was working out at the gym. I had some ABDL printed diapers in there, so I am pretty busted as to not just having them think I need it for some medical reason. --Never underestimate the sleuthfulness of your kids.

I also know that a college roommate of mine must know, as I stepped out of the bathroom for just a minute to get some soap for the shower and he slipped in there, I guess to pee, while I left for only a brief moment. I had taken off a makeshift diaper and it was still next to the toilet as I didn't think he would go in there in that split fraction of a moment of getting the soap. He didn't even stay in there long enough to do anything so I am pretty dang sure he saw it and just left.

I am also certain that my dog knows, as he has been there during a few changes. This is also the case of my horse, as while out in the mountains I required a moment of changing while she was haltered to a tree nearby. So far, I am pretty sure both my dog and horse haven't shared this with anyone else.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Autiesaurus
Diapertoddler said:
I told my sister and had a really good discussion about my mental health. I’m not as subconscious about my diaper wearing habits as I use to be.
That's cool. But you mean like you don't feel as eased to wear diapers as before? Because I wore much less since after.

Good god, no! Only my wife has that privilege lol.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Most of my online friends know.

As for people away from online life (including family members), they know about some aspects of it. They know I sleep with plushies (and my dad has even seen me do it), and while I've never used a pacifier in front of anyone else, they know I've used one before. I don't know what most of them think about it all, but my mom is cool with it. I just tell her the benefits I get from it and she's happy that it works for me.

I will probably never tell them that I like diapers though.

I should mention though, that it is not a sexual thing for me, it's all about comfort. If it were sexual, I probably wouldn't be so public about it. But since it isn't, I see no reason to hide it.

Last edited:
Back