Do you wear an obvious diaper in public?

Allways double diapered, at home and outside. No one cares.

Reactions: Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
If someone notices that I am wearing a nappy I don't care, I am who I am and I love being padded and being an AB.

Reactions: maxgood, Angelapinks, BabyLouise and 2 others
greatlake5 said:
I think most IC members acknowledge that a good diaper along with a booster, when wet, others probably might know. Often I don't need to change (work, meetings, shopping or sport [golf, biking, tennis and softball]) because the diaper holds the wetness well. Changing's are usually 3 to 4 hours during the day (Abena plastic backed). I'm glad that you're confident with your diaper. I prefer to keep my diaper hidden. especially if it becomes more wet. As for saying "tuff luck" if someone notices, I simply try to prevent showing a heavier diaper. I'm sure most mature adults might know but rarely comment. It's called respect. If someone actually comment, I ignore them so yeah, it's their "tuff lick." It doesn't change my thinking. It's personal and private (even if my diaper is "apparent" or obvious).
The reality of it is I do everything I can to try and make sure it's not noticable...I wear compression shorts,baggy pants and long loose fitting shorts or pants....but a boosted megamax near capacity is a hard thing to hide I suppose and truthfully I hope no one does notice...I guess I should have been a little more descriptive. Sorry I wrote that after a few shots of whiskey and guess I was feeling bold but the truth is I am always terrified someone will notice but on the same note there isn't anything I can do other than take precautions and hope for the best and just go out and live my life and not be controlled by my condition. I am fortunate in a way as pretty much all the people I care about friends and family all know thanks to a x who thought it would be nice to tell everyone...that was probably the worst and best situation all in one really. It was absolutely terrifying and embarrassing.... But in the end I found out most the people close to me where very understanding. Still felt like a huge violation of privacy but that's another story 😂

Reactions: Pino, Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
Raven801 said:
The reality of it is I do everything I can to try and make sure it's not noticable...I wear compression shorts,baggy pants and long loose fitting shorts or pants....but a boosted megamax near capacity is a hard thing to hide I suppose and truthfully I hope no one does notice...I guess I should have been a little more descriptive. Sorry I wrote that after a few shots of whiskey and guess I was feeling bold but the truth is I am always terrified someone will notice but on the same note there isn't anything I can do other than take precautions and hope for the best and just go out and live my life and not be controlled by my condition. I am fortunate in a way as pretty much all the people I care about friends and family all know thanks to a x who thought it would be nice to tell everyone...that was probably the worst and best situation all in one really. It was absolutely terrifying and embarrassing.... But in the end I found out most the people close to me where very understanding. Still felt like a huge violation of privacy but that's another story 😂
All my close friends and family know I am in nappies all the time. It isn't a problem.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Baloo said:
If someone notices that I am wearing a nappy I don't care, I am who I am and I love being padded and being an AB.
I feel the same way though I am not AB but am DL.

Wetshisbed said:
I feel the same way though I am not AB but am DL.
Be who you are like me and enjoy your life and stay padded

Reactions: maxgood, Angelapinks, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
Baloo said:
Be who you are like me and enjoy your life and stay padded
Of course you have that choice. The question was about IC members who were asked if they wore an obvious diaper. Non-IC members sometimes post their thoughts on wearing an obvious diaper in public. Those that actually do that, most who see it understand they're simply being as an exhibitionist (and often like the thrill). Which doesn't really help IC members. Again, IC people prefer to keep their medical issues private. And we have some of them who are completely comfortable if others see their "apparent" diaper in public. The normal population often see this as "sad" or give them with empathy. It's hard to know which obvious diaper wearer is an exhibitionist or simply an IC person. But I think others can figure out who is IC verses ABDL.

I don't judge. If you're one of these exhibitionists, I just wish they would post on their own ABDL forum. They're not helping us. Enjoy your kink.We have plenty of ABDL members on the IC forum. Often they post useful info, ideas and support. That's why most of us enjoy ADISC.

Reactions: Teddy02, Jonnythepony, LePew and 2 others
I think it has been said many times and most recently in this thread, IC folks typically want to disappear in the crowd. AB-ists, DL-ites, whether IC or not AND AND want to live their lifestyle publicly...fine it's your choice. Having a safe space in your dwelling, away from others, can be an outlet, afirming, and healing. Just remember, IC people don't have that choice. I ask, just dial back the bravo BS a bit.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, CrossfireHurricane, Angelapinks and 4 others
I do, i rather wear a diapee i know i can trust then to be sorry when the diapee turns out to have less functionality then a useless box

Reactions: artemisenterri, Atndz, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Vitani said:
I do, i rather wear a diapee i know i can trust then to be sorry when the diapee turns out to have less functionality then a useless box
To add context, i am incontinence

daylight said:
I think it has been said many times and most recently in this thread, IC folks typically want to disappear in the crowd. AB-ists, DL-ites, whether IC or not AND AND want to live their lifestyle publicly...fine it's your choice. Having a safe space in your dwelling, away from others, can be an outlet, afirming, and healing. Just remember, IC people don't have that choice. I ask, just dial back the bravo BS a bit.
I really question anyone who makes IC part of their identity. When I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, I was asked by family if I wanted a shirt saying so... it was just so weird and screamed "pitty me". I could see someone have it on a medical wrist band, but I think that would be unnecessary. If you want to tell people you are IC, do so in a way that says: "I'm not afraid to say I'm IC," and not "proud to be IC," as that just comes off as masochistic.

I think it is fine to say "I don't toilet anymore". I don't think it is fine to say on its own: "I can't toilet anymore"

• Thinking
Reactions: plasticpants1 and PadPhilosopher
I wear all time due my Ic Tykable Crinkles Betterdry and couple others like abena m4 that my basic underwear now i dont really think what think other what is important for me that i feel good and secure,

subanark said:
I really question anyone who makes IC part of their identity. When I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, I was asked by family if I wanted a shirt saying so... it was just so weird and screamed "pitty me". I could see someone have it on a medical wrist band, but I think that would be unnecessary. If you want to tell people you are IC, do so in a way that says: "I'm not afraid to say I'm IC," and not "proud to be IC," as that just comes off as masochistic.

I think it is fine to say "I don't toilet anymore". I don't think it is fine to say on its own: "I can't toilet anymore"
To be clear, it is ok to say "you can't toilet" when asked why you can't do XYZ, or if someone asks for your medical issues. But if you are just going to announce it out of the blue in a prideful way, do it in a way that says it is a life style more than an accommodation.

• Thinking
Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
I use NS mega max. Not just for absorbance but they never clump and never sag. Most days unless the poo takes one out early I can get by with 2 per day. I do use a booster more often now than before but not so much to ad more absorbance but more for small Bms and anal leaks. Unless I really we cream the diaper a lot of times I can throw out the booster and keep using the diaper. If it starts to swell too big I can also dump the booster. I found the best booster for the money to be Seni. They are a contour and they are like 11x25 and they absorb a lot. I like they do not have a sticky tape too. NS boosters stick so well they often rip the top sheet if taken out early. That and a pad that size pretty much goes front to back and wont move. I do not fold out the contour sides I if you don't the pad is twice as thick and it fits perfect in between the guards. You defeat the purpose of them if you let a booster hang over the edges of them. You should try the Seni boosters. You can purchase them around 45 cents each if buying a case. Much cheaper than any place else. Not that NS is a bad booster but I need to make every dollar stretch. I like you have used diapers most my life from middle school on anyways and 48 now. I have had to use some less than good products over the years that needed changed up to 8 times a day. I know what happens when I neglect changing them.... So that said I have no issues spoiling myself with the best money can buy and one I consider 98% bulletproof, never going to fail. I say 98 because lets be real no diaper is perfect and sometimes things shift a bit and any diaper will leak. Not two many months back around halloween I was working in the garage and I was setting on the floor when I felt my stomach turn. I guess as I got up my diapers shifted just right and that tall mega max leak guard was in the middle of my crack. As I expelled my loose stool half went in the diaper and half down the leg into my shoe. So no diaper is perfect but I think NS Mega max takes the cake. Abena was great 10 years ago because not much more existed but now they are a middle of the road diaper. Not bad but not great.

Be sure to check out Seni boosters. I buy mine on Amazon if you have prime they ship free and fast and they have a good price.

I would like to think I am always very discrete and no one knows or even suspects I am a fully paid up member of this exclusive club !
Discretion has always been top priority and even my wife has never seen me in my Nappy and hopefully never will.
I always wear stretch pants over my Nappy topped off with a PUL pant under regular clothes and yes a fellow wearer would be aware of my very flat butt as that is impossible to hide.
My incontinence is my business and remains private with this forum being the place I share with.

Reactions: slimjiminy and PadPhilosopher
well, before i was in a wheelchair most the time when out, i'd have worried about it more, but being IC and in a wheelchair i dont really care anymore and doubt anyone else would either.

But i do know that if i look i can tell when im wearing a megamax and a booster, especially when its semi full.

But if it were anything less, i dont think anyone could tell, i know my ex always said she couldnt tell, and albeit i figured it was just a good reason to slapp my butt to figure it out as it were...

But, she said she couldnt tell looking if i was wearing a diaper albeit i am also a pretty decent sized guy and usually wear loose fitting shorts and a t-sirts, so nothing too skin tight by any means.

Raven801 said:
The reality of it is I do everything I can to try and make sure it's not noticable [sic - noticeable]...I wear compression shorts,baggy pants and long loose fitting shorts or pants....but a boosted megamax near capacity is a hard thing to hide. truthfully I hope no one does notice... there isn't anything I can do other than take precautions and hope for the best It was absolutely terrifying and embarrassing....
As you've said, wearing appropriate clothes sometimes doesn't hide a heavy soiled diaper. Especially when using a thicker diaper with a good booster when soaked. I'm a teacher and often I use a good booster too. My students never say anything but I'm sure some of them might suspect.

I don't really feel like I'm terrified. Even if my diaper started to show the bulge. Embarrassed? Perhaps but mostly just concerned if it get's too wet.
Even if my compression shorts shows a little. Besides, I always use dark baggy pants, shirts and a good sport jacket. It's been said before, be confident even if you have to wear a diaper.
subanark said:
if you are just going to announce it out of the blue in a prideful way, do it in a way that says it is a life style more than an accommodation.
?. I think a majority of our IC members never tell anyone (unless it's a family, close friends or a partner along with medical workers). It's so very personal and private. Of course we have IC/abdl members who enjoy their kink. Showing or telling others that they like to announce the world, I suppose that's your choice. But I don't think you're doing yourself any favors.

Reactions: slimjiminy and PadPhilosopher
I am not incontinent, so my admiration for those who adapt and live without incontinence interfering in their activities of daily living. My only comment is that a noticeable diaper is better than noticeable wet pants from a cheap leaky diaper.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, artemisenterri, Raven801 and 2 others
I can wear a BeDry Night diaper out of the house and no one will notice. Of course, I am not first wearing the BeDry for 12 hours and then going out. By then it will bulge excessively and may be obvious. It is not my intention that my diaper be noticed. My point is that, as others have said, in normal wear no one will notice. I'm double incontinent and have been wearing diapers 24/7 for over 10 years.

--John

Reactions: maxgood, PadPhilosopher and Jonnythepony
newt said:
Because when I was first wearing diapers, I thought even the crappy, paper thin CVS/Walgreens diapers were SUPER obvious. Now, I know I think I am comfortably discreet in a Megamax, as long as I take some proper precautions and don't wear in situations those precautions are impossible.
I agree completely. When I first tired Abena M4, after only using Tranquility Slimline before that, I felt like I was wearing the thickest product imaginable. They felt extremely thick and puffy. Now I think of M4’s as being fairly trim :) But point being, I also use Megamax at times and I consider them to be quite discrete, so long as I’m wearing pants that aren’t too snug in the butt.

Reactions: newt, Neroforte and PadPhilosopher
Back