Do you think incontinence nappy/diaper suppliers know that you're probably a AB/DL?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
From your irregular buying patterns? I go through the binge/purge cycle like most people do. When I'm in a binge I buy many different brands of incontinence nappies all at once, I will buy one packet of each such as Attends, Molicare premium, Molicare Slip, Abena premium, Drylife Slips. ID expert Slip, Tena slip.... All in one go. Then I don't buy anything for awhile. The website I use (which is a non-AB one) I can look through what I've ordered in the past... So the people running the company can do that too.

Do you think actual incontinent people buy many different brands all at once and than nothing at all for ahwile, is that only unique to the AB/DL community, Do they have some suspicion that the purchaser is probably a AB/DL? Not that they care I would assume lol.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Just like any shoppers, incontinent people buying diapers would buy from wherever has the best deal at the time.

I'd do the same. My interest is in best value for money rather than store loyalty.
And also, who doesn't like to try out everything to work out what's best?

Yes, and they are judging you. Hard.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 20009, Deleted member 47370, Lewis Badger and 3 others
I thought about it a lot when I was a kid and as I transitioned into buying adult diapers in stores. The truth of that matter was that hardly anyone ever thinks about their customers past fleeting questions.

Now the companies I buy from online are either ABDL or ABDL aware. I'm pretty sure the ABDL companies have their suspicions but are likewise not thinking about me too long after fulfilling the order. For others, I guess they might be thinking I'm an ABDL. They'd be right.

I don't think suppliers really keep tabs on the ordering patterns of specific patrons, just general purchasing trends in general. Why would they?

Llayden said:

Like someone told me one time " I know i am paranoid , I just don't know if I am paranoid enough"

• Haha
Reactions: Aldebaran79 and Llayden
chamberpot said:
Like someone told me one time " I know i am paranoid , I just don't know if I am paranoid enough"
or like other told me "that I am paranoid doesn´t mean they´re not following me" :p

I get my bondage stuff from a place called the Handcuff Warehouse. When you order the replicas of vintage bondage stuff, they know that you use it for a kink. Really who cares.

Topex said:
I don't think suppliers really keep tabs on the ordering patterns of specific patrons, just general purchasing trends in general. Why would they?
Oh, they do. But in a larger picture of the grand scheme of things. It's called meta data because they don't care about your personal data per-say, but the overall buying "cycles" you and others like you go through.

Northshore incontinence supply openly advertise to the abdl community a sale is a sale

Reactions: CrinklingCajun
They wont care if their customers might be ABDLs, sales are sales

ABDL folk are much more likely to shell out more money for a quality product compared to most IC folk who think adult diapers stop at the pharmacy isle or what their insurance offers. So even if they were to see that trend, I don't think they'd particularly care. If anything I imagine the business is appreciated or helpful.

Honestly I would love to hear NorthShore Adam's take on this.

Sheepies said:
ABDL folk are much more likely to shell out more money for a quality product compared to most IC folk who think adult diapers stop at the pharmacy isle or what their insurance offers. So even if they were to see that trend, I don't think they'd particularly care. If anything I imagine the business is appreciated or helpful.

Honestly I would love to hear NorthShore Adam's take on this.

True, I doubt most IC folk know about the wonderful world of quality Diaps you can pretty much only order online (well besides the ABDL storefronts which are far and few and only exist in huge cities)

Like mentioned, a sale is a sale, they don’t really care if your an abdl or a monkey ordering diapers.

I’d say probably 90% or more companies that sell adult diapers are abdl aware, and lots even say it somewhere on their website

They want your money. They don't care why you buy. It is basic business.

Llayden said:
Oh now that's funny! HA HA HA HA HA . . . . .

All they track is how good of a customer you are, my regular supplier temporarily discontinued my diaper of choice (Betterdry) and tried to find me an alternative so not to loose my standing order of 2 cases every 5 weeks.

chamberpot said:

I heard it a little different... "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out still out to get me!"

There was a discussion on this previously. Frankly, most stores don't care what you want them for, as long as you don't involve them in your fantasies. There was a gripe from one retailer of people asking them to change them or otherwise engage in their fantasies.

While I haven't ever tried to engage them, a few have asked or devined what I was doing with them. I never got any adverse reaction. They often ask "are these for you" but that's not an AB thing, it works for the legitimately incontinent as well.

The funniest was not at a medical supply store but at a RiteAid pharmacy I was on the road and decided I needed some diapers so I popped in and got a box of the Chubs baby wipes (the kind that came the "lego" box) and a package of adult diapers. The girl at the register was making polite conversation and asked what age my baby was. I pointed at the adult diapers and said that both purchases were for me. That's about as engaged as I ever got with a sales clerk.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
what was her reaction?

Back